Component Space Shuttle V 5.0.1 (July 14, 2013)

Cepheus

Well, this is a Space Shuttle replica. It can't use SSMEs after ET jettison, they're too powerful, so this wouldn't be balanced. It was never intended to do this.

Yeah Dragon, I know with the "IRL" shuttle systems, they use the OMS for orbital adjustments and reentry retro burns. I was unaware your intentions were to be exact replica "like" or I wouldn't have asked the question. No problem at all with your intended plan for your shuttle Mods. I was just thinking for uses other than what was originally intended, like using it as a "multi-purpose" deep space craft. I have built many ssto's, but I just love the look of the models you guys create.

Thx for the reply, will be looking forward to the release.

As always man, thx for doing all this work for us "uneducated in the ways of game creation" space enthusiasts.

Dren

Well, this is a very accurate model, and I don't have any intentions to let it get "kerbalized". I'm going in the opposite direction, and once Ferram responds to my PM about the aerodynamics, I'm gonna start on the RSS version of the Shuttle.

Good to hear. I know this would take serious changes so I don't know if this is out of line to request. One of the features of the Buran that I enjoy so much is the shuttles independent ability to use its main engines for orbital transfer, re-entry exc. With your current build, the engines are set in such a way that this is completely impossible. I know that is the purpose of the secondary engines, but it just doesn't seem to feel right. If its possible it would be great to see it work in the same manner as the buran, or many of the other shuttle Mods that have been released over the years. I know its a bit much to request such a thing, but I think the community would enjoy this over the long run a bit more.

btw: Requesting how to handle bug reports was a bit lame, I know better due to the countless requests on "how do I report bug issues".... :sealed:

Thx for the build though, it is an impressive model. I would REALLY like this to replace the buran as well as many others here.

Cant say it enough, if it wasn't for guys like you, KSP would be removed from my SSD space.

Dren

I just thought I should point out that Buran didn't have "main engines" like the shuttle. It's mains were all incorporated in the Energia launcher. The only rockets on the Buran itself were for orbital maneuvering only.

Well, technically, the OMS thrusters were it's main engines. They were also much beefier than on the Shuttle.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I downloaded it and moved it into the GameData file but when I start KSP only a few shuttle parts are in the inventory. I have been screwing around with it for the last 2 hours or so and still can't find a solution. I also downloaded all of the required and suggested mods for CSS as well. If anyone can offer assistance it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Okay, I downloaded it and moved it into the GameData file but when I start KSP only a few shuttle parts are in the inventory. I have been screwing around with it for the last 2 hours or so and still can't find a solution. I also downloaded all of the required and suggested mods for CSS as well. If anyone can offer assistance it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Try this. This is a repaired and updated version of this CSS http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71360-Component-Space-Shuttle-dev-thread-IMG-heavy%21 it requires a few mods to get it to work again but its actually pretty well done.

That is where I downloaded it from, so is it a problem with my computer? I downloaded, for example, the FASA mod and it works fine with all the parts in the KSP inventory. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

That is where I downloaded it from, so is it a problem with my computer? I downloaded, for example, the FASA mod and it works fine with all the parts in the KSP inventory. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

If you have all required mods then you installed it wrong. I don't know if it your computer. Even if your computer sucked all the parts should show up. Make sure you have the files installed correctly. Missing parts means most likely you installed it wrong.

I followed the correct link and downloaded the correct version, for Mac. Then I moved the whole file into KSP's GameData file, parts, FX, and all. I then opened KSP and only the SRB's, external tank, and cargo bay were in the inventory. I then checked the CSS file and all of the parts were all there. Nothing seemed to work. Do I keep all of the CSS files, such as Parts and FX and also the simple and advanced shuttles, in the CSS file or do I have to transfer those files to another file within KSP? IDK. I have also tried deleting CSS and downloading a new one, which didn't work any better than the original try. How do I install it right?

You installed it wrong. There should be a "CSS" folder in your GameData, then parts, FX, etc. it needs to be named CSS, otherwise the mod won't work.

• 1 month later...
Try this. This is a repaired and updated version of this CSS http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71360-Component-Space-Shuttle-dev-thread-IMG-heavy%21 it requires a few mods to get it to work again but its actually pretty well done.

have you been able to dock with the crew compartment, i currently use this mod you linked, work somehow ok, but i cant dock and well im waiting on the rcs mod to update because i cant get the shuttle at full power because it keeps guing up (in space with the little thrusters)

have you been able to dock with the crew compartment, i currently use this mod you linked, work somehow ok, but i cant dock and well im waiting on the rcs mod to update because i cant get the shuttle at full power because it keeps guing up (in space with the little thrusters)

Dragon I believe is working on a release for 24.2 that will solve all the problems. You have to put a docking port on top of the one in the crew compartment. Its stupid yes but the only way to get it to work. Give him time, he isn't a modder he is just a reviver of mods. Basically her just recompiles things and gets them working.

hehe im no modder and i also tried to figure it out but im rly bag in programming so no luck rly XD but yeah im waiting lol just wanted to know if any1 ever found a way to fix it

thx for the reply

• 2 weeks later...

When I jettison the SRB's, the shuttle start to pitch really fast and is uncontrollable if the engines is still burning. Am I the only one having this problem? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Edit: Ok, so its not when I jettison the SRB's but when I pass from the middle portion of the atmosphere to the last portion of the atmosphere that thing start to go crazy!!!

Edited by TheBigBang914

• 1 month later...

This thread is so huge, so but I haven't been able to find an answer to this.

I have Real Solar System with real-sized Earth and real-gravity, but the CSS download I have can only attain a suborbital trajectory (just not enough fuel).

Am I missing something, or is this addon only capable of achieving orbit around a small Kerbin? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
I can't load the ship. It says: You need the Shuttle Manager. Help?

This thread really should be closed. Anyway the CSS is being maintained here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71360-Component-Space-Shuttle-dev-thread-IMG-heavy%21 there is still a lot of work to be done as it currently stands but it is being worked on. However it works and you can have a lot of fun with it. You just need to be patient.