Avalon : A mission to every planet and moon - Investigation Via EVA

xtoro

No it's not your ship Fenisse lol And you're right. The pod is the Odin pod from NovaPunch2, but I of course did some editing for the colors, the scorch marks, the cracks in the windows and the scratches and burn marks around the hatch. I was going to just photoshop the screenshots but found this actually easier. I also added the upside down antenna parts from Lackluster Labs, they're called "Commtower". And the "engine" part is a bunch of part-clipped pieces put together that looked cool.

Looks like most of it is a K+ karborundum fusion drive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies guys, things have been crazy in real life since xmas. I also lost my entire HD including the game and had to recover everything. AND I'm getting married in 2 weeks, but don't worry, Avalon is far from dead, the story is just beginning!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE : My story is on temporary hiatus since I was using a version of KSP that's several versions behind. I also took time off for real-life medical reasons.

I'm currently getting the hang of 1.0.2 and looking at updating everything to 1.0.2, which means redesigning the entire Avalon so that the atmosphere reentries are doable. There's lots of work to do, and I need to find updated versions of all the mods I was using, OR, come up with something different but similar for ship parts.

What mods are you using for the NERVAS on the Avalon? Also, where did you get that capsule?

If you mean the main command pod, it's from the Taurus HCV pack

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75074-1-0-Taurus-HCV-3-75-m-CSM-System-v1-5-1-May-25-2014

What mods are you using for the NERVAS on the Avalon? Also, where did you get that capsule?

The Nervas are NE-600 engines from LackLuster Labs, the capsule, see quote below:

Yep, thanks :)

Reading this is like reading a Book lol, Good work on this story dude!

I'm 100% with this guy, and I have to say the amount of work you put into this thing, in pacing, shot placement, and especially set design, is astounding. I'm looking forward to how you're going to deal with the new atmospheric effects, such as re-entry heating, since your landers don't have heat shields, IIRC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still waiting for OP to deliver.

Yeah sorry. I just updated the first post. With the last few minor versions bringing big changes to the game, I've decided to wait until the big changes stop. I've had to start over with learning the new features (mostly atmospheres) and rebuilding Avalon to be workable with the new changes a few times now. So I'm going to see if things balance out soon update-wise. Or, I may just continue the story using the old version that I've used up to this point.

However! I really really want to use the new parts like stock ISRU and drills. I also think that the new atmospheric (re)entry heating will make a few landings more interesting and will require clever use of heat shields. I would also like to add radiators, which might be a must-have anyways.

Unfortunately, if I do update to a latest version, my 2 major aerocaptures of Eve and Jool have already taken place in the storyline. I know from experience so far that aerobraking at Jool is a nightmare and requires shielding AND a very precise high altitude to get it right. So, the only atmospheric braking/capture left is Kerbin. But, I'm thinking there may be a reason to come back to Jool or Eve later on...

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.