Several Realism Overhaul isues

Hi all,

I've been trying to get Realism Overhaul with required and highly recommended mods/packs working on a fresh install of 0.24.2 and I've ran into several glitches one which I've posted in the wrong part of the forum. I've manually and very tediously installed all the required and highly recommended mods plus MechJeb.

1: RCS Thrusters dont connect to their fuel tank. With the correct fuel in the tank (any fuel, I've tried all of them) the RCS thrusters wont fire on the launchpad or in space. Regular thrusters will give the option to automatically put the right fuel in the attachd fuel tank, RCS thrusters don't.

2: The RemoteTech transmitter on Earth like Kerbin is somewhere in the northern part of south America and there are no launch sites there. Thus its not possible to launch unmanned missions on day 1.

3: Coms relays placed at a couple hundred meters from the launchpad lose their antenna upon launching a new rocket from the launchpad.

4: The Mk1 and Mk1-2 Command pods weigh about 300kg, is that correct? They get no reentry effects because they are so light.

5: The Mk1 Parachute placed well inside fairings burns up "on reentry" while launching, this is with a max TWR of 3. One side of the procedural fairings will heat up (while going up through the atmosphere) by up to 300-400°C more than the other half.

6: While launching the camera will at some part of the launch clip down far below the rocket, or far above it for no apparent reason.

I hope this is the right place to get some help to resolve these issues. I've tried several solutions to solve these.

From your various symptoms my guess would be that one or more of the mods are not correctly installed. You should probably start by following the advice in the sticky thread (particularly concerning uploading a log file) so that one of the Realism Overhaul experts can look for installation issues or other errors in the log...

Well, there are a huge number of exceptions in that log. I can also see that you have 5 different versions of Module Manager installed and your game is installed in a folder on your desktop. I would recommend the first thing you try is to move your whole "KSP 2" folder to somewhere else on your hard disk (e.g. create a C:\Games folder and put it in there) and also delete all but the latest version of Module Manager and try it again.

I've removed all the module managers except the latest and moved the folder to C:\Games\ and the same glitches still happen. I've also tried reinstalling all the mods on a clean install (KSP 3, in the same new folder) and the glitches happen all the same there too.

Latest log: http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_3

The odd camera wobble issues sound like it might be a perspective change that is "supposed" to automagically happen when you transition to an orbital state (when your PE climbs to a certain altitude.) Depending on your ascent profile, if this PE "hovers" momentarily at the camera's transition threshold, then the camera may spend a few seconds hesitating. Given that RO alters the size of the planet and, proportionately, the atmospheric altitude and density profile (the edge-altitude reaches higher than the game's default 68km) but cannot alter the camera's orbital transition threshold altitude, this might contribute to camera hesitation, especially if the ascent profile would be prone to causing such hesitation on stock-FAR Kerbin anyway.

Looking at that log, I notice that Real Fuels doesn't work for you, which would explain a few of your problems. AFAIK the latest ModuleManager introduced some pretty big changes, which broke Real Fuels (Nathankell is working on an update to fix this) and quite possibly some other relevant mods as well. The solution would probably be to revert to an older version of Module Manager for the time being.

Assuming the issues remain even after you get RF installed and working properly:

1. As of the latest RealFuels, you should see an autoconfigure option in a fuel tank for attached RCS. Note, however, that RCS propellants follow stack flow rules, not allvessel rules, so you need a valid crossfeed between the fuel tank and the thruster. If in doubt, place a 24-77 in the same spot and configure the fuel tank for that engine; if it doesn't fire, neither will RCS.

2,3. Please check the 2nd post in the Realism Overhaul thread. It has various extra patches, including one for RT2.

4. That sounds very incorrect. I would suggest following the troubleshooting steps in the RO thread's first post, and if that fails post there to let RedAV8R know. The Mk1 pod should have a mass of about a ton, and the MK1-2 about 4 tons.

5. I'll check that out. Should only happen if the parachute is deployed.

6. No idea. Reproduction steps?

Hattivat: It broke Real Solar System, which has since been patched. I don't know of any issues with RF...

Hattivat: It broke Real Solar System, which has since been patched. I don't know of any issues with RF...

I thought I saw it mentioned in the thread. Well, maybe I mixed them up, for all my attempts to stay up to date on the topic (regularly checking all the relevant threads) I have yet to play through a serious mission in 24.2 (still have a few things to finish on my 23.5 install), so I'm mostly just reading about issues, not experiencing them firsthand. In any case, sorry for spreading misinformation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.