New Kerbanaut here

MrMisu

Hello guys,

I've been playing the Demo for a while and recently I've bought the full version, and let me tell you, Squad is owing me some lost nights.

I've managed to orbit the Mun, I've managed to crash land on the Mun (poor Jeb is still waiting for a rescue mission) and recently I've managed to dock, first with the Advanced Grabbing Unit (just to get a feel of the thing) and then with docking ports, but I have a question regarding the distance indicator. From what I've read, the game should display the distance to the target when I get closer than a certain distance (30-50m), but this never happens. I have the latest version (2.4.2) of the game, what I would like to know:

1. Is this a bug? (should I try to reinstall the game)

2. Am I doing something wrong? (not activating something)

3. The distance display works only with some mod? (I only have Engineer Redux installed at the moment)

Thank you guys and have a nice flight.

Misu

Hello guys,

I've been playing the Demo for a while and recently I've bought the full version, and let me tell you, Squad is owing me some lost nights.

I've managed to orbit the Mun, I've managed to crash land on the Mun (poor Jeb is still waiting for a rescue mission) and recently I've managed to dock, first with the Advanced Grabbing Unit (just to get a feel of the thing) and then with docking ports, but I have a question regarding the distance indicator. From what I've read, the game should display the distance to the target when I get closer than a certain distance (30-50m), but this never happens. I have the latest version (2.4.2) of the game, what I would like to know:

1. Is this a bug? (should I try to reinstall the game)

2. Am I doing something wrong? (not activating something)

3. The distance display works only with some mod? (I only have Engineer Redux installed at the moment)

Thank you guys and have a nice flight.

Misu

did you set the docking port/whatever you are attaching to as your target? if you did not, the target marker will disappear when you get close. you can either set as target in map view, or double-click on the diamond above the name and dishtance.