Have your say!

TimberWolffe

Multi-adaptors that turn 3.75m parts into several 1.25m parts. Like these, but bigger:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/w/images/7/73/TVR-300L_Stack_Tri-Adapter.png

I have a blender model for 3.75 into 7 x 1.25 that is crafted stock-alike with the large end inspired by the TR-38D large separator and ADTP-2-3 adaptor, while the small end resembles the TVR series.

I even called it the "TVR-700-XL Stack Septu-Adapter" and made up some flavor text about "even larger circles" :D

However it is not textured yet, and I have too many other modding things on my plate right now so it has been relegated to my scrap folder.

bot.png top.png

If you guys would like to try your hand at uv unwrapping and texturing it, let me know.

Mitchz95 meanwhile you might want to check out Procedural Fairings, it has a procedural thrust plate part that you can tweak to make any size you want on the top side, and put any number of any size small nodes on the bottom.

Alas, I'm a programmer, not a modeler.

As a (rusty) programmer who recently picked up modeling, I'd encourage you to give it a shot!

Technical Ben has a nice Blender tutorial video series at: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24742

That's how I got started with Blender, a few weeks ago, haven't looked back since. :)

If you guys would like to try your hand at uv unwrapping and texturing it' date=' let me know.

[/quote']

well I mean if you're offering..

just as long as it's a .blend file I can do it :D

also sorry if I'm being a bit spammy but I'm trying to stay involved while developing :wink:

Ok here's a suggestion. It's been done before but I can't find it.

It's time to science! You have to strap on all these instruments. Multiples if you want to retrieve and return with data from multiple biomes. Then you have to find the little fiddly parts on your ship, remember which ones you already used, and click them. I find this to be a hassle.

Someone made a mod. I think it was called Sensor Array. It consisted of sensor packages put together in disks. there was a 1.25m version, a 2.5m version, a 3.75m version. It contained a thermometer, mystery goo, gravity sensor, seismic sensor, and barometer. But I can't find this mod.

I'd suggest a simple sensor module. I think you can do something like this in the modular bay mod, but there's a lot more going on there. I'd say the module should include all the experiments you currently have unlocked in the tech tree, in one easy clickable part. And if you need multiples, you stack in multiple parts.

Or maybe it's just me

In a different place altogether:

One of B9's awesomest features was the ability to have a thing on screen with the action groups. B9 support is a tad problematic these days but I wish we had that feature standalone.

Edited by Wingblaze
Cuz I remembered something

That sort of thing can be done with tweakscale quite easily. But if you want a little more there is also the GingerCorp Stock-alike Station Hubs, which are also tweakscale compatible.

Interesting, definitely.

I knew about Tweakscale but haven't tried it yet. Either way, I do like the Gingercorp hubs. Gonna go and grab them.

Many thanks for the suggestion!

Someone made a mod. I think it was called Sensor Array. It consisted of sensor packages put together in disks. there was a 1.25m version, a 2.5m version, a 3.75m version. It contained a thermometer, mystery goo, gravity sensor, seismic sensor, and barometer. But I can't find this mod.

I'd suggest a simple sensor module. I think you can do something like this in the modular bay mod, but there's a lot more going on there. I'd say the module should include all the experiments you currently have unlocked in the tech tree, in one easy clickable part. And if you need multiples, you stack in multiple parts.

One of B9's awesomest features was the ability to have a thing on screen with the action groups. B9 support is a tad problematic these days but I wish we had that feature standalone.

Consider the parts added to the list! For the info popup, I think it's up to Alshain or someone else if they wanna pick that one up >.>

I'd quite like a two Kerbal passenger can in 1.25 metre size, a mini-hitchhiker if you will.

Essentially a FL-T400 with windows :)

I probably wouldn't make it exactly 1.25m, because it would be really quite cramped..

I'd perhaps make it 1.5 or 1.75m and include adapters for 1.25m and 2.5m

It's time to science! You have to strap on all these instruments. Multiples if you want to retrieve and return with data from multiple biomes. Then you have to find the little fiddly parts on your ship, remember which ones you already used, and click them. I find this to be a hassle.

This intrigued me. Rather than what Wingblaze said, I think it'd be possible to write a PartModule to make a cargo/science bay part behave as a single point of control for the science experiments contained in it.

Suppose you have a cargo bay part, or Universal Storage science bay part. Whatever you place in the cargo/science bay by surface attachment will always be a child part of the science bay in the vessel part tree. (Not sure if there are any potential horrible gotcha situations due to vessel part tree changes from docking/undocking. In the worst case, I think the bay needs to check all of its neighbours, i.e. also the parent in addition to all its children.) For this to work, the experiments must be connected directly to the bay; no indirect connections --that'd open the door to nasty question of how far down the part tree you want to go, and interferes with the ability to keep groups of experiments "isolated" from one another.

(Heck, in principle this should also work if you had a section of structural fuselage and just stuck all your experiments onto it.)

So, it should be possible to implement a right-click part action option to "run all contained experiments", a useful convenience feature in place of the need to open the bay and click each tiny science part one by one. Perhaps also options for process/transmit/clean/reset all experiments. This could be implemented as an iteration over child parts, checking if they contain ModuleScienceExperiment, and then calling the corresponding actions on them.

This has advantage of sidestepping the complexity of coding the requested feature "include all the experiments you currently have unlocked in the tech tree" -- the player can take care of that themselves; put whatever in experiments they have available or want to bring along, and save as a subassembly for reuse (i.e. "you stack in multiple parts").

Alshain, feel free to take a stab at this. I'll also drop a link over in Universal Storage to see if Paul Kingtiger might be interested in doing this.

As mentioned earlier I've got other mods in the pipeline now, but if this isn't picked up by the time I'm finished with those, I'll prolly come back and take a shot at it myself.

I've never had any issue just assigning all my science to action groups, though I've never tested how that withstands docking either.

I think what Wingblaze was getting at is if you want to have multiple sets of science to run in different biomes, rather than just "run all the science I've got on this vessel". You only have so many action groups without going to an action group mod, so I think the use case is certainly there.

Science Alert sort of takes care of this. You can run the science from the toolbar/app launcher without even touching the part, as long as it is on your ship.

Good point; with Science Alert you don't need to care about where the parts are located on the vessel or which ones have been used or not, and it's also very good at telling you how much science there is to be gained with each experiment.

I probably wouldn't make it exactly 1.25m, because it would be really quite cramped..

I'd perhaps make it 1.5 or 1.75m and include adapters for 1.25m and 2.5m

Just do what the 1 man lander can does, it's larger than 1.25m but still works on that size range.

A new Kerbpaint system because the old one has been abandoned

You know that the same old KerbPaint still works in .24.2 right? I use it now and it works just fine... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/50008-0-23-KerbPaint-Paint-layering-for-parts-(September-23rd)-(Same-Old-Still-Works!)

Just used it yesterday actually

NqIicAbl.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.