We need 6,700 more supporters to help make this LEGO KSP set a reality!

TheNerdyOne_

I stand corrected :blush:

*blames phone for not making picture clear earlier*

Ha, no worries. You're actually not the first to make that mistake, I take it as a compliment!

But at the same time it's kind of important that the main pictures is obviously a LEGO creation, so when I update it with the new model I'm working on I'll try and make it more obvious.

I had a space lego set that included some magnets. On that they were used to allow rockets to be picked up by cranes and stuff, but I wonder if it might work to attach the boosters to the core allowing them to "decouple". Or just a clip-type fixing would be simpler.

I had a space lego set that included some magnets. On that they were used to allow rockets to be picked up by cranes and stuff, but I wonder if it might work to attach the boosters to the core allowing them to "decouple". Or just a clip-type fixing would be simpler.

I recommend firecrackers as separators,

Should not read this forum this late, imagine an orion pulse rocket with belt feed firecrackers, "not for indoor use in small letters".

Still remember the most insane lego contraption I build, I was perhaps 10-12 years old, parents was away and we had a guy as babysitter.

Anyway the competition was a jump from the stairs handrail and see how far you could get into the living room.

First attempts was a car with side support rolling down.

Then we got an idea, put the car on rail on top of an heavy cart with a ski jump, use a rope to stop the cart.

Cart was also of lego and the balast was perhaps 8 of the 1.5" A batteries.

And yes the cart disintegrated then stopped by the rope, the cart jumped very far but some of the batteries went longer, unfortunately increasing the number of batteries did no help.

I'm afraid LEGO no longer uses magnets like that, and implementing any magnets into this model would require a new molded piece (which is unfortunately not a possibility for Ideas sets). The rockets can decouple, but it uses more standard LEGO techniques.

Just saying, but you may want to shoot an e-mail or two to Squad to see if it's okay to use their copyright. They don't like individual people trying to sell hats, bags, and the like with their logo/product on it, I don't think they'd like a huge company making a building set using their logo/product.

Just saying, but you may want to shoot an e-mail or two to Squad to see if it's okay to use their copyright. They don't like individual people trying to sell hats, bags, and the like with their logo/product on it, I don't think they'd like a huge company making a building set using their logo/product.

Like the OP says, nothing will be made without Squad's permission. LEGO would contact Squad after the project reaches the goal, during the process in which they decide whether they want to make it a set or not.

If these kits get made, and portions of the profit is given to squad, will any work be done on the game, or will they wait another 6 months before adding 5 parts and some bugfixes?

Sorry, I'm fairly certain you're on the wrong forum, I believe you're looking for a forum dedicated to a game made by EA...

Let's try to keep any drama concerning Squad out of this thread, there are other places in the forum where that can be discussed.

Anyway, we've passed 1,000 supporters with no signs of slowing! Here are some WIP pictures of an updated Kerbal X model I'm working on to celebrate:

9ZKSlw9.png

Iur4m0N.png

tIsZr6h.png

I love the idea, but their Kerbals are awful. I would think regular Lego guys with kerbal heads would work just fine. Maybe use shorter legs like they used on the Yoda or some of the Orc sets, but these Little People Playschool looking things are just bad. The rocket idea is nice though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.