Which Game Mode is your favorite? Or which one are you currently playing?

Tail_TL

Which Game Mode Is your Favorite  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game Mode Is your Favorite

I figured I'd make a thread where you can share which Game Mode is your favorite (I Hope there isn't a thread like this already made. I couldn't find one.)

I personally like Science Mode since I'm not a fan of the budget system, Because I feel it limits creativity a little bit (Since you can't build huge rockets right off the start). But I do like some progression so I don't like Sandbox Mode so much either.

Edit--

(Changed the Title name.)

Edited by Tail_TL

Sandbox. But since I can't get science reports for whatever reason, I just cheat a bunch of funds and science into a career save and just treat it like a sandbox.

Although, I very much enjoyed the modded interstellar career save I did a while back. I never finished it though.

Edited by Stratzenblitz75
"Snadbox"

I do the career. It adds an extra layer of challenge to building rockets. Yes I can build my stanford torus but setting up the ground bases wasn't cheap. I had to run a few flags, throw a KR-2L or 2 out of kerbin's SOI to pay for it. Contracts give me something fun to try to accomplish that isn't my own mission design.

I play only career since it has the most features and I can do pretty much anything I could do in Sandbox and Science as well. For me there is nothing more exciting than starting a new career save in hard mode and working my way up and managing a space program. I never touch Sandbox unless I just want to test out a few parts. But I usually integrate testing into career mode, otherwise I feel like I am cheating.

Sandbox, without a doubt. I love the work Squad has put into Career, but still it feels really "empty." Contracts and Strategies seem too optional, and science is way to easily obtained. I've almost completed the tech tree without hardly leaving Kerbin's SOI! There needs to be a much stronger push to go into the solar system. The only real fun I have in career mode is in the first few missions where things are actually challenge. After that, it seems you can go anywhere, even with the few parts you do have. Really, it just seems like a limited sandbox with a few other things thrown in.

I'm playing career mode at the moment.

I've decided to see how far I can get (and how many kerbals I can kill) doing a space-plane only game.

I set the difficulty to hard and then gave myself 50,000 starting money and 320 science which is enough to allow me to research the basic airplane parts and build a crappy sub-orbital plane as a starting point.

.18 starter here, therefore sandbox. Unlearn and relearn is hard.

Also started in 0.18 however science and contracts add stuff to do like bases on all bodies and satellites around them,currently I have 59 active crafts without flags. Just a few of them are without purpose like the first Eve, Duna and Ike probe landers, the rest is there either for contracts or is support infrastructure, miners, orbital construction, fuel depots, tugs or taxis.

Career. As a new player (played an earlier demo version in sandbox a year or two back but only a couple of weeks in to the proper version) I love that the contracts systems gives you a purpose, while the science and budget limit your options and make you have to think about it a bit more. I stared a new 0.25 game last night and have been trying to cram as many contracts and experiments on to each platform as I can, eg one last night was a plane to test 2 engines and a decoupler on a single flight, and another combined 2 further engine tests and a decoupler in orbit with a rescue mission, and recovery of science data from orbit. In sandbox I'd have just played about with aircraft dynamics and lobbed a kerbal in to orbit.

As of 0.25 I'm playing mainly in Career Mode on Normal difficulty, except with auto-hire disabled because it always bothered me when I wanted to play with something like the Taurus HCV and Derbfred Kerman (or some other stupid-sounding name) would magically appear in the crew roster. If only it also applied to rescuees...

Oh, and I enabled entry purchases thinking I'd be rolling in extra funds like last time (not the case xD). I think those are disabled by default.

Edited by parameciumkid

TBH I'm torn between Career and Sandbox: while I clearly prefer the concept behind Career, the current reality of Career is far worse IMHO to Sandbox ( too much imbalances that can't be fixed via the newfangled sliders ... )

I've only played career mode since it came out. I like it much more as it seems to make me strive to reach some goals. I was never good at making them for myself in sandbox and I would build giant behemoths to just get to the moon. I definitely feel like I'm more efficient in my designs now thanks to career mode but it has limited my crazy designs. Haven't played a minute in sandbox since career was unveiled though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.