Unable to recover vessels in 0.25.0

Hello all, i updated to 0.25.0 yesterday and started a new career profile. After launching a number of flights I noticed I was unable to recover any of them regardless of how far they landed from the space center. I tried clicking on the Recover button above the altimeter, tried clicking on the icon in the KSC screen, and tried recovering the vessel in the Flight Tracking Station. Nothing works. I have the Recovery Transponder Fitting strategy active too, but it doesn't make a difference. Even when I leave a vehicle on the launch pad, I can't recover from there either so I know distance isn't the issue. They only time I actually did manage to recover a vessel (and get the pilot back as well as the science points from the flight) was when I tried to launch a new flight which prompted me to recover the vessel that was still on the pad.

Unless I get this sorted out, the only way I can get science points is by beaming science back. All other science as well as the pilot remains with ship wherever it landed on the surface or in the oceans of Kerbin.

Any help?

by the way, this is the list of the addons that I have running, in case it's relevant:

- B9 Aerospace R5.2.4

- HexTruss 0.1

- kdata

- Davon Supply Mod 008

- DMagic Orbital Science v0.8.5.1

- ProcFairings 3.09

- Better Atmospheres Mod

- Environmental Visual Enhancements v7.4

- Kronal Utils (ship schematic viewer)

- ISA MapSat X4r2

So I've reverted to a vanilla KSP folder that I keep on backup, and it seems to work. So apparently it is one of the mods. Now I face the long and tedious chore of isolating which mod it is exactly. Hopefully it's not one that I consider essential.

Hi, Just noticed this myself. I did as Tomski did and did a clean install and its fine.

Here are the mods I had running:

AIES Aerospace

Chatterer

commDish

CrewXfer

DMagic Orbital Science

FinePrint

HullCameraVDS

KAS

KW Rockerty

MasTerTorch

MechJeb2

FinalFrontier (Toolbar not installed yet)

Probe Battery

Probe Mast

Probe Pack

Procedural Fairings

Quantum Struts

Real Chute

RLA PowerGeneration

RLA Stockalike

Rocket Works

SCAN Sat

ScoopOMatic

Station Parts Expansion

Surface Lights

Station Science

Tarsier Space Tech (Telescopes)

I might start testing tonight, but if anyone knows for sure which one(s) it might be or if its 64 related, please post!

It is quite likely that there is information in the output_log.txt/player.log file that will point the finger at the cause. Please follow the instructions in the sticky thread about how to get support, particularly the part about uploading a complete log file...

Edit: Also, it is a good idea, after doing a completely clean install, to take a copy of the whole program folder as a backup. This makes reinstalling much quicker and easier...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guys, just found out that all issues are solved when DMagic is updated to its latest version (10/20/14)

I had a similar issue, but no DMagic mod.

Thanks to the Alt+F2 Log i found that the ramdisk i run KSP from was simply full and it could not quicksave or switch to the space center or recover a vessel. When i removed a few bytes KSP started to work normal again.

I noticed the same behavior before when the KSP folder was suddenly write protected (after a crash?).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.