[V5.0 RC1 released] AeroKerbin Industries Modified IVAs

MasseFlieger

Interesting to hear if you have any plans now ASET Props and Avionic Props have been released as packs MasseFlieger, if you're still knocking around!

Hey guys,

Life just has been hectic, but I do intend to make a major update on the mod to better integrate with the career (think IVA tech progression), now that the ALCOR avionics pack was released (many thanks to Alexustas for his patience in listening to my wish list).

Essentially I plan on getting the various pits to change as your tech level increases (starting off full analog, intro RPM, up to a full glass pit)...

more to come!

I am really going to have to bite the bullet on a computer hardware upgrade.

I like it that your IVAs are entirely optional. I have had some scary experiences of what a highly detailed IVA can do. I might install an IVA for a particular mission, but I don't want them using RAM all the time.

Well,the current vision have a little problem……

mk2 parts 's IVA is still stock

I have installed RPM ,MM and ALCOR PROPs pack

Any idea about it ?

Well,the current vision have a little problem……

mk2 parts 's IVA is still stock

I have installed RPM ,MM and ALCOR PROPs pack

Any idea about it ?

Hi mark7,

I have not updated the mod for sometime now so I dont expect things to work as expected in the current version of the game.

As far as the vision, it should still work with the magic of ModuleManager :)

Looking great! Though if I am being completely honest - slightly underpopulated. My own opinion is that the 1.25m cockpits were always the more traditional "plane" cockpits, and the role of "spaceplane" fell to mk2 and mk3 and so on. Thus I always imagined these 1.25m cockpits being full to the brim with analogue dials and clutter (a search for any of the Korean War era jet cockpits a la F-86, Hawker Hunter, and so on will show you what I mean, literally every square inch is a dial or taken up). Although as said, this is my own opinion and I regardless very much appreciate your effort, it's your mod, and your rules.

Hi there, thanks mate - yes it is still not fully populated, my expectation is that the pit will look and feel like an early jet (think 50s) so lots of dials and switches, and eventually move to the full glass pit.

Sounds great, if you're aiming for 50's then are thoughts are indeed aligned :D keep up the great work and take it easy!

Hey, time permitting ill look at it. Focusing on the Squad pits and a couple of requests i already have.

thanks if any mod should have one of your IVAs it's that one.

and this is just a suggestion but if you do the Mk1 lander can or Mk1 pod (not the cockpit the capsule) maybe you should use mostly props from the ASET Avionics pack so they look less advanced than the others

thanks if any mod should have one of your IVAs it's that one.

and this is just a suggestion but if you do the Mk1 lander can or Mk1 pod (not the cockpit the capsule) maybe you should use mostly props from the ASET Avionics pack so they look less advanced than the others

Ok. Ill definately have a look. And that is a great idea to use the classic props for the mk1 capsule.

That's gorgeous.:)

I'm going to miss not having my screens from the beginning and it's going to make the IVA's a bit harder, but really looking forward to this!

My only regret is that I'll probably be further ahead in the techtree by the time this releases and so will miss out on some of the early cockpits.:)

I understand that these cockpit instrument upgrades will be applied automatically when reaching certain nodes? Or will you have to unlock an upgraded part to do so?

I have PM you Masseflieger with a request and I hope you can help

Ill reply in the thread. Im a little swamped with RL but if I get a chance I dont mind helping out. I do have a couple of request ahead of this one also.

- - - Updated - - -

That's gorgeous.:)

I'm going to miss not having my screens from the beginning and it's going to make the IVA's a bit harder, but really looking forward to this!

My only regret is that I'll probably be further ahead in the techtree by the time this releases and so will miss out on some of the early cockpits.:)

I understand that these cockpit instrument upgrades will be applied automatically when reaching certain nodes? Or will you have to unlock an upgraded part to do so?

Hi Arfact,

The way that I am planning at the moment, is that the mod will have its own parts, so as you unlock the tech tree you should see the various iterations of the pits as separate parts (I do want to make it more like a tweakable that is unlocked rather than create separate parts, but will tackle that at a later date).

So no need to worry, in fact I think it gives more balance to the mod since the ship/plane you created and is sitting somewhere (or in the warehouse in Kerbal Construction time) wont magically get new instruments so you are stuck with what you have until you redeploy it).

Making IVA more challenging is part of the goal although I am trying to keep the workload reasonable within IVA.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that, is brilliant. Have rep. :sticktongue:

Will there be a line in the cfg so if we like to have dials instead of a full glass cockpit even when we move up in the tech tree, we can do that?

See above, separate parts so you can build with whichever suits the budget/mission/goal/fancy ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Quick video of the latest pit, I think the mk1 is pretty much done, I'm going to move to the inline next.

Looking mighty fine!

Would it be too much to ask if you can release them as you finish them and slowly build up the pack that way?

*moves hands to praying position* :sticktongue:

I'll second that thought! I'd like to get my hands on that new Mk1 Cockpit IVA! :)

Yes, I am planning on releasing one pit at a time, but each release will include all 3 or 4 tech levels of the pit, in mk1's example that should be 3:

- mk1-A (analog)

- mk1-B MLU (mid life update

- mk1-C (full glass) or as close as possible for that pit

there are a couple of details to work out such as properties of the pits at each tech level (how much monop to include for EPG only, etc), battery charge, weight, heat resistance, cost, and so on.

And to end the Analog mk1 pit, here is the finished analog version, in untity:

f5Gdxdw.png

Edited by MasseFlieger

any chance you can add the Heads up display as well? i mean even 60's analog cockpits had a heads up display :o

the Analog level pits won't come with the HUD, it's meant to be an analog instrument only experience, however in the MLU level (mid tier in the progression) an HUD is possible along with at least 1 MFD in most cases, just depends on the pit, etc...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.