can't do engine tests in flight

I did my booster and decoupler test while landed but in flight gives me trouble.

I manage to light up all green check marks to test t45 engine or r10 booster but when activate it, it doesn't pass the test.

There is no run test option with RMB either.

:confused:

Screenshot of the mission text would help. All missions are procedurally generated (apart from the Explore missions), so conditions and such will vary. To know exactly what your mission is, and how to trigger its' success,, some more info will be needed.

That said, most engine tests are through staging. So you need to hit a certain altitude range at a certain speed range, and then activate the engine through normal staging. Which can be tricky - whatever current stage is running is likely not out of fuel within that range, or will go too fast or too slow at the given altitude range. And if you activate next stage with the current stage still running, you're likely to have a sudden and impressive fireworks display...

How are you activating it? It has to be activated with the staging key (normally the space bar). If you activate it from the right-click menu you're not satisfying the conditions of the test.

+1

A good trick if you want to use the engine you're testing to take off is using an action group to toggle the engine.

This way you can start it and still use the staging key to activate it at the right moment for the test.

I had this issue on a testbed plane I designed (cheap launcher) while testing an engine. Even though it did not show up as completed during the mission, when I checked afterwards it had been completed!

I have an SRB with the same issue, might go back and see if I can complete it without it showing as completed like I did with the engine I tested.

+1

A good trick if you want to use the engine you're testing to take off is using an action group to toggle the engine.

This way you can start it and still use the staging key to activate it at the right moment for the test.

That is a good trick. I did not know that.

How are you activating it? It has to be activated with the staging key (normally the space bar). If you activate it from the right-click menu you're not satisfying the conditions of the test.

I always stage it, I tried RMB but that didn't work either.

So even while staging I still cannot perform tests for RT10 booster, TT38k radial decouplers and LVT 45.

I managed to do parachute in flight though.

It worked as normal for some reason, no fault this time.

I am now getting science experiments not completing (MRS mod though) even though all criteria met.

I also had ticks not going green even when criteria met (even worse than previous).

I currently have about 4 contracts I cannot complete due to bugs with the criteria not ticking or going green when all criteria met and staged or test or experiment run properly, I am guessing its related to a mod I am using, possibly MRS but not sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.