Toolbar buttons multiplying like rabbits

I have this odd problem, where the toolbar buttons are multiplying every time I switch between the VAB and the SPH.

screenshot9.png

This new feature came with 0.25. As you can see, I have FAR, Kerbal Engineer (both updated) and my own PartSearch installed.

I'm a little surprised, that nobody else seems to have this problem.

Does anybody know, what causes this?

Edited by Banbury

I found and fixed the problem in PartSearch. The event handlers were no longer removed properly on exiting the VAB or the SPH. So the button got added over and over again. I guess FAR and Kerbal Engineer suffer from a similar problem. Though I can't reproduce it reliably.

Please see the screenshot. And I'm running the latest versions of FAR and Kerbal Engineer.

The point ferram is making is: go read the [Official] How To Get Support (READ FIRST) thread and post the information requested in that thread, especially an entire log file. Neither Kerbal Engineer nor FAR cause the error shown. I have no idea what the FIND button is from. Something is causing stuff to get messed up, but we need more information before we can help.

If you already found and fixed the problem, then ignore us and have fun!

I know exactly what point ferram is trying to make. But he's the one misunderstanding. I'm not looking for his help. I'm trying to help him find a bug in his mod. His response so far, was to treat me like a noob. Which I tried to ignore for the sake of a constructive discussion. If ferram wants to deny the bug, that's his problem not mine.

The Find button is my own Part Search mod. I've fixed the problem in my mod on my own.

I cannot reproduce the issue on my machine, therefore, for me, the bug does not exist. I'm asking for logs and reproduction steps because while I can't cause the issue, apparently you can. For someone talking about trying to help me, you've really not provided any information at all that helps, and you've refused to multiple times now.

I've seen a few variations on this: With a lot of mods, the AppLauncher bugs out, but each of those mods individually works just fine. To me, it smells like a bug in AppLauncher itself, and it's aggravated by minor bugs in individual mods.

Honestly, the AppLauncher API leaves a lot to be desired, but I doubt a stock rework will ever happen. Perhaps there's interest in a wrapper API?

Honestly, the AppLauncher API leaves a lot to be desired, but I doubt a stock rework will ever happen. Perhaps there's interest in a wrapper API?

We already have a fully functional toolbar system - why not use it until the AppLauncher is ready for prime time?

I'm happy to say that I've confirmed this one as an issue that occurs when attempting to load a craft for which not all the parts are available.

I'd also like to reiterate the importance of reproduction steps in a bug report. This could have been confirmed and fixed a long time ago with reproduction steps and a log provided with the report.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.