[1.2] PlanetShine - v0.2.5.2 stable - v0.5 experimental [4 October 2016]

Valerian

So.. You shouldn't exactly trust me because I only have 4 posts, but I compiled PlanetShine for 1.0.4 and changed the .version so it'd grab it from my Gist URL. I also replaced the MiniAVC for the latest version I could grab but I think it's the same, anyways.

It'll report with "PlanetShine 1.0.4 Unofficial Build" and in my tests no warnings showed up and the add-on worked correctly.

URL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx4iwilxzfwq7bc/PlanetShine-0.2.3.1-UNOFFICIAL.zip?dl=0

So.. You shouldn't exactly trust me because I only have 4 posts, but I compiled PlanetShine for 1.0.4 and changed the .version so it'd grab it from my Gist URL. I also replaced the MiniAVC for the latest version I could grab but I think it's the same, anyways.

It'll report with "PlanetShine 1.0.4 Unofficial Build" and in my tests no warnings showed up and the add-on worked correctly.

Any idea if the recompile was actually needed? I don't think it's been throwing any errors for me, but having things most up-to-date is always good.

Any idea if the recompile was actually needed? I don't think it's been throwing any errors for me, but having things most up-to-date is always good.

Well, I recompiled it just in case. You can always check if it works with the old DLL + the .version

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea, but I think the problem is the mun's distance from Kerb for its size, whereas the Earth's moon is that almost perfect distance to completely and temporarily blanket the sun.

---

Actually that was dumb of me. There would still be a shadow.

YEAH! I'm all for it. I guess I was just thinking of the blotting effect in front of the sun rather than the shadowing.

Edited by Friend Bear

The eclipse is annular when viewed from KSC (along the equator) so it wouldn't produce as deep a shadow as a total eclipse but it would def be visible from space, I've seen a video from the ISS watching an annular eclipse shadow cross Earth's surface

I actually had the Jool system in mind. Laythe is always in daylight even when Jool is directly between it and the Sun. Watching Jool cast shadows on the moons -- and vice versa! -- would be amazing to look at.

I've noticed that too, actually, and i completely agree. That would be awesome and I wonder if that is more for something like EVE and Astronomers to tackle?

I know so little about programming so I am probably way off.

Edited by Friend Bear

Installed this the other day, thinking that it would be a nice if not especially noticeable improvement, based upon the screenshots

Must admit I'm pleasantly surprised how much difference to the pretty it makes!

I don't think the screenshots do it justice, good work sir!

can anyone else reproduce this issue? With just PS, toolbar and stock installed, after choosing to remove the AppLauncher button (which it does when unselected) and restarting, the AppLauncher button is back even though the option is still unchecked

FircFpam.png

Yeah, it's known and apparently going to be fixed in the next version:

Got a problem: I've set PlanetShine to use Blizzys toolbar only and not the stock AppLauncher, but when I restart the game, the button is back on the AppLauncher again.
It had already been reported, it will be fixed in the next release

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.