What operating system do you play KSP on?

CaptainKipard

What operating system do you play on?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What operating system do you play on?

• Windows
    • Linux
    • Mac OS X

One of the only mac users here...

I prefer mac as an operating system, while I despise the computers they sell it on, and such a price for that. In my opinion, you're paying that much for the operating system. If not, you need to learn your deal of computer engineering (a 13 year old speaking here :D )

I initially tried it on my unibody Macbook Pro i7 4GB but it ran very poor with terrible frame rate. I then booted into Windows 8.1 via bootcamp partition and KSP ran 4x as fast as it did on OS 10, no issues with FPS or anything else, running 64bit. (occasional right clicking not working, damn unity)

Linux. (Debian at work, Gentoo at home - Edit: Of course I don't play KSP at work)

As a physicist, a unixoid OS is the natural choice for me, simply because they come with a lot of tools needed for the analysis of big data files and software development tools preinstalled. Also, a lot of scientific software is readily available in the software repositories. (Thanks to the Cygwin project most of these programs are available for Windows as well, one just would need to download and install them. It's just, that I like the working environment of Linux so much, that switching back to Windows is out of the question for me.)

For gaming I used dual-boot for some time, but since about 5 years I'm only running Linux. The 64bit Linux version of KSP is running perfectly fine with the open source drivers for my Radeon Southern Islands card.

Edit:

You spelled "finally implemented" wrong.

You spelled "invented" wrong. :wink:

Edited by soulsource

Debian GNU/Linux, mostly, because that's what my desktop machine at home runs. In fact, I probably wouldn't even have tried KSP if it didn't run on Linux, let alone bought it (game - cheap as chips for what it is, but add a Windows license on top? Ouch.. plus I possibly would have had to upgrade my hardware to run Windows + KSP (+mods), Linux is -much- leaner on RAM/CPU in comparison, especially when running WindowMaker!)

I have tried it on my work laptop (Windows 7) but it's painful on such a small screen, as well as the fact that the game seems less stable under Windows. Which is a bit of a surprise. I'm setting up a Linux USB stick just for running KSP..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.