Flight Plan for the Stock Learjet shuttle thingy

TheWanderer

The stock ships aren't meant to be good or usable, they are meant to be used as models of how to build a ship. The only reason the Kerbal X can go to the Mun and back because it was inadvertently buffed in an update.

The stock ships aren't meant to be good or usable, they are meant to be used as models of how to build a ship. The only reason the Kerbal X can go to the Mun and back because it was inadvertently buffed in an update.

so thats a no, you dont have a flight plan.

Try checking the thrust limiter on the engines, that's the easiest way to balance it along with tilting the craft.

yeah i did try that, also tried RCS, thought that all the RCS takes it had on board might have been a clue. but it still seems hard.

just wondered if anyone had come up with a surefire way.

so thats a no, you dont have a flight plan.

I don't have a flight plan because the craft was most likely purposely made not to have a flight plan. The devs probably fine-tuned the ship so that it has some fatal flaws like that one. I'm sure it wouldn't take much effort to redesign it slightly si that it works much better.

I just flew it and i'm not sure what the problem is, all i had to do was set the thrust limiter for the main engine to 80 right before the booster separation, then set it to 50ish when i was on the last tank.

It's slow and not efficient at all, and i'm not sure it could even get a payload into orbit, but it flies well enough to get into orbit.

Note: I flew it with the shuttle part on top of the tank while flying at the 90.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.