KSP gets slower over time, crash or crash on exit

I'm aware of ram limitations of KSP.

I just don't know if the problem is from KPS itself or some mods or the amount of mods.

The number of mods installed always worked well in KSP .24. Since the update to .25 my game gets slower, loss of FPS and sometimes crashes.

Today it just crashed while I press the button to exit the game...

KSP 32bit.

Mods installed:

- Toolbar

- Active Texture management

- Chatter

- Community Resource Pack

- Fineprint

- KAS

- Navinstruments (ILS for runways)

- Kethane

- KSP-AVC

- MagicSmokeIndustries

- Mechjeb

- Nav ball docking alignment indicator

- ORSX

- Protractor

- Stage Recover

- Station Science

- Tac Fuel Balancer

- Texture replacer

- Surface Lights

- TAC Life Support

- Umbra Space Industries MKS / OKS

All mods updated to 0.25.

My (low") PC specs:

5gb ram (I know dont ask)

AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000 (2.6mhz)

ATI HD7750

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

output_log.txt (dropbox)

Any insight?

Thank you.

p.s.

I read the instructions, but I do not know how to check if a mod is giving me problems or if it is the amount of them that is hitting the ram limitations.

This is my first post asking for support. Hope some tech guy from the community or Squad give me a hit.

With no mods the game runs very well.

Thank you.

Thanks for mostly following the How to Get Support sticky. :)

The part you missed seems to be the key, though: actual mod versions, not just stating that they're updated. Based on that log, you have MechJeb version 2.3, but 2.4 is the first version for KSP 0.25. MechJeb throws a fair number of exceptions during play and is directly involved in the crash.

Oh man, you a life saver! :)

Now that you mention MechJeb, I have seen weird stuff regarding it. For example when I plot a return nod from the mun for example, if I'm low on fuel, I do a aerobraking maneuver around Kerbin to reduce my orbit and then land my complete module. When I adjust the nods to get into Kerbin atmosphere, at a certain altitude a second node appears from nothing.

Gonna update it.

Thank you so much!

:D

P.S.

Sorry for not including the mods versions, seams I miss read that one.

Again, Thank you.

Download this version:

http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/jenkins-MechJeb2-341/MechJeb2-2.4.0.0-341.zip

EDIT: this is a direct link to what steve_v suggested, but since #340 (the official release) had some issues, I highly suggest #341, what I linked.

Beat you! :P

Yea, I was looking then I went to there and got the dev version. Gonna play and see how it goes.

Thank you.

Fly safe.

:)

It's an error on my side. I changed how the version number is displayed in the dev build and did not have r4m0n to change the build script for the release version. The version on curse is really the 2.4 but it displays the wrong version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.