"Explore Laythe" contract never appears

KSP v0.25.0.642, no mods.

I decided to start a stock career where I'd accept and complete every single mission. One of the things I noticed along the way:

The "Explore Laythe" contract never appears.

Here is a screenshot from the point in my career where I'd been to Jool but none of its moons except Pol.

screenshot388.jpg

For each new planet/moon, the standard contract system seems to be:

Very first mission - Explore ___

After exploration completed - Plant flag on ___ / Science data from ___

Later (if at all) - Test part around ___

For Laythe I never got the "Explore Laythe" contract - instead the game went straight to issuing me with the "Plant flag" and "Science data" contracts. This breaks the pattern I've seen with every other celestial body, so I suspect it's a bug.

Edited by Kerano

Although I don't accept every contract in my career, there is indeed something strange with Explore contracts.

My sequence are:

- Mun

- Minmus

- Eve

- Gilly

- Duna and Ike (appeared almost simultaneously; interesting, but Ike contract spawned before Duna. Completed in one flight)

My current contracts is Pol and Bop (before Jool!). I've used Alt-F12 menu to spawn several Explore contracts (save before trying this, as these contracts cannot be declined) - all I've got in addition to Bop and Pol is Jool. The Jool-Bop-Pol mission is cruising through interstellar space as I write this.

That being said: try to spawn ExploreBody contract through Alt-F12 (use H (Hard) variant, it seems that there is no easy or medium variants of ExploreBody).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.