OS X - KSP mysterious stopping: OP UPDATE ---> It all about Yosemite, not KSP.

My issue (me being the OP) can today best be summed up as an unreliable OS X Yosemite install. I cannot not point any fingers at KSP untill the OS is stable.

Ah right. A few measures of general tips:

1. Try using your install disc (I assume OS X has it, I don't know I'm windows :P) - if not, try getting a fresh Yosemite install however you OS X users get them

2. I would also recommend doing a test of your memory. Download memtest (Download ISO) and search up some youtubes for putting that onto a disc. Boot into that disc after you have burnt memtest to the disc and let the memory test run. Be aware this takes awhile as it is fairly thorough. After it is complete it should tell you about the status of your memory somewhere on screen. Obviously, having no errors is good. Having some is not.

Have a crack at these too and reply with your results :)

Hope this helps,

ToTheMun

P.S. Corrupt, damaged or malfunctioning memory may be causing all the problems here, which is why I am recommending for you to run memtest :)

Ah right. A few measures of general tips:

1. Try using your install disc (I assume OS X has it, I don't know I'm windows :P) - if not, try getting a fresh Yosemite install however you OS X users get them

2. I would also recommend doing a test of your memory. Download memtest (Download ISO) and search up some youtubes for putting that onto a disc. Boot into that disc after you have burnt memtest to the disc and let the memory test run. Be aware this takes awhile as it is fairly thorough. After it is complete it should tell you about the status of your memory somewhere on screen. Obviously, having no errors is good. Having some is not.

Have a crack at these too and reply with your results :)

Hope this helps,

ToTheMun

P.S. Corrupt, damaged or malfunctioning memory may be causing all the problems here, which is why I am recommending for you to run memtest :)

Thank you for your input. This is no longer a KSP issue in my opinion. I have been systematically attacking this problem in a similar fashion to what you suggest already. Please note that I am not going to update the OP thread of this until I get a stable OS X install. This instability only started following an update from Mavericks to Yosemite. I highly suspect this is not a memory issue. However, I am leaving no stone unturned. There are others out in the internets who are surfing the exact same problem and we are all awaiting some patch from Apple.

I am however very happy to hear from other OS X users who are attacking this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.