[WIP] [1.0.5] 2-Kerbal Command Pod [Mk. 1-1 A2] ( Alpha 0.4) {SpaceDock}

Yarbrough08

The texture seems to be all black, normal map seems to not load ether.

I need more info to troubleshoot this. Is it a clean install?

More than likely it is a problem with a mod like LoadOnDemand.

The textures are only 4x4 solid colors (with 50% alpha), as they are only placeholder textures; there are no normal maps yet. This is a WIP alpha, I still have work to do on it.

I need more info to troubleshoot this. Is it a clean install?

More than likely it is a problem with a mod like LoadOnDemand.

The textures are only 4x4 solid colors (with 50% alpha), as they are only placeholder textures; there are no normal maps yet. This is a WIP alpha, I still have work to do on it.

Sounds about right, i blame texture compressor! *googles how to make it not screw with a part*

@bs1110101: Yeah, I know LoD has issues with a texture's alpha layer. I want to love those mods, but I want my textures working too..

Really liking this. Have you considered making an aero shroud with room for a) a docking port on the pod's 1.25 end, and a launch escape tower? Like the SDHI service module one.

Thank you, and yes I have considered it. I was contemplating a parachute/docking port combo, but I haven't given any thought to an escape tower. Anything like that currently has to wait until I finish the RPM interior, as I am deep into creating props for those at the moment. I do want to get to them though, my eyes are almost growing tired of looking at the interior.

Edited by Yarbrough08

I have a list of nice additions that could make it really good design:

Throttle controlled monoprop thrusters for helping reentry (shares with translate forward ports.)

Additional battery life and monoprop compared to stock pod.

Built in heat shielding for DRE users (I'm not one of them, but I know that there are plenty of DRE users that would like the feature.)

Alternate IVA layout for RasterProp users.

As of providing landing engines, it would be best to add a paired service module that would contain more standard dual-fuel engines, fuel, additional monoprop, additional battery life and a set of integrated RCS thrusters.

I have a list of nice additions that could make it really good design:

OK, let me take this one line at a time lol..

Throttle controlled monoprop thrusters for helping reentry (shares with translate forward ports.)

I think that you can already get this feature using MechJeb? Throttle controlled rcs when out of fuel..

Additional battery life and monoprop compared to stock pod.

Someone has already complained that it has too much monoprop as it is, I will looking into balancing it, however I do not play stock.

Built in heat shielding for DRE users (I'm not one of them, but I know that there are plenty of DRE users that would like the feature.)

Already a feature.

Alternate IVA layout for RasterProp users.

Currently in development.

As of providing landing engines, it would be best to add a paired service module that would contain more standard dual-fuel engines, fuel, additional monoprop, additional battery life and a set of integrated RCS thrusters.

Not going to be including a landing engine at this stage. Maybe after I finish the pod...

Had to redesign to instrument panel to accommodate a RPM monitor that I have recently modeled.

The trim is panel lights emitting. The new top is a metal black and angles up more, as well as out to the side of the kerbal; leaving more space in the center of your FOV.

1W18lxm.png

If anyone has info they would be willing to share on throttles (I know, they are suppose to be simple), please send me a PM. I have a fully modeled and animated throttle I would like to get in the game. I'm fairly certain I followed the hierarchy correctly; but I'm unsure about animation names, or which object the animation component is added to, etc..

Edited by Yarbrough08
Throttle

Jeb snuck another photo out, this time of the first fully functional MFD. Touch screen and GUI, still have more variables to put in though..

Screen on the left is set to a scansat map, on the right is an orbit display that will eventually become a "flight" display containing all relevant information for flight.

DGCH6UO.png

Jeb snuck another photo out, this time of the first fully functional MFD. Touch screen and GUI, still have more variables to put in though..

Screen on the left is set to a scansat map, on the right is an orbit display that will eventually become a "flight" display containing all relevant information for flight.

http://i.imgur.com/DGCH6UO.png

Oh.

My.

Kerbal.

I assume you were inspired by the screens in SpaceX's Dragon 2, no? It looks phenomenal, I can't wait to use it!

Actually, I was unaware of the interior for the Dragon 2. I just was modeling something that I though would look good, but I will say that SpaceX came up with some beautiful screens now that I've actually looked them up.

Pilot's view, looking very slightly downward to get the whole monitor in view. Includes an almost finished "Flight" tab, and I've already added sounds to the buttons too.

a7Laf3u.png

Still to do in this pic is adding TWR, adjusting size of orbit icons, and arranging the Vel. and Alt. positioning to a more aesthetic arrangement.

Edited by Yarbrough08

That looks pretty good! Also, would rastor prop monitor support be in the works at all?

Yeah, maybe.. :cool:

Still early, but I'm doing what I can around my schedule..

Just wanted to say thanks again for making this neat pod. It reminds me of a planned Apollo craft that was never made: Apollo Direct 2-Man

I've enjoyed making it, I think I've enjoyed it more than just about anything else I've modeled (First started in the days of Gmax and an early milkshape3D).

The Apollo 2-man pod is awesome, I never knew about it. I knew about an Apollo Direct mission that was scraped, but I did not know it was a 2 crew pod.

Awesome! I would de-saturate the blue edges on the panels by a lot, however. The blue looks really good on the display GUI, but feels very weird on the panels themselves, IMHO. Perhaps a blueish grey would be a better fit. A little weathering on the texture might be nice too. Although the outside of the craft does look like it just rolled into the showroom so maybe the "brand new" interior is fine. How about a carbon fiber panel instead?

I've enjoyed making it, I think I've enjoyed it more than just about anything else I've modeled (First started in the days of Gmax and an early milkshape3D).

The Apollo 2-man pod is awesome, I never knew about it. I knew about an Apollo Direct mission that was scraped, but I did not know it was a 2 crew pod.

Sounds like you've been around a while then! I think they originally planned Apollo direct as a three man mission using an enlarged Saturn V, but then the two man mission was proposed as an alternate to this. It must have been one heck of a debate to be involved in!

Been playing with this for a while, I really like the shape, my only complaint would be the outside texture - it looks so shiny! It could use a little wear and tear, or something, to sort of match the other ones style. Just a suggesion - please keep up the great work! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.