KSP RAM Saver

Check this out, it can help you save tons of RAM in 32 bit KSP, working for 0.25 , should work on older versions too!

Version 2.0 Released Now with options! you can choose what to do!, the first version is now the "express" version

Downloads

Express Version (Easy to use, just run the exe and done)

Version 2.0 (You can choose what to do!)

KSP RAM Saver GitHub : https://github.com/Dennis6492/KSP-RAM-Saver (Source, Changelog, License, Download)

Go here if you have Issues

Here is a Reference Image

License of KSP RAM Saver

If you have known issues with OpenGL please refrain from using the express version, use version 2.0 instead and choose DirectX 11.

Looks like I got parodied here KSPRAMSaver++ I'll call it the x64 counterpart hahaha

Edited by Dennis6492

Hmmm my licence conflicts with that, I'm going to consider it

A Copyright / All Rights Reserved licence does not conflict with the requirement to include source code in any plugin downloads hosted and/or advertised on the KSP Forums.

The reason we ask for source code is so that people can be reassured that your program isn't doing anything malicious or circumventing KSP's EULA.

Ok, I'm releasing the source code, it's so simple you may laugh u.u

Info that you find while reading the way unity engine works

It basically tells KSP to use a better API for rendering

- - - Updated - - -

You can all check the source now https://github.com/Dennis6492/KSP-RAM-Saver

Source code needs to be included in the actual download itself, not just a link.

Having now seen the source code, it appears to be practically identical to changing the startup parameters in the KSP shortcut in a manner described back in June 2014 by Eisfunke.

I'm curious as to what advantage a compiled program has over simply editing the shortcut option.

Yeah, he's just running a simple system command to force the game to run in OpenGL mode. Something you can do easily by editing the games shortcut, or adding the command in the execution options in Steam.

I'm curious as to what advantage a compiled program has over simply editing the shortcut option.

There should be none AFAIK.

Considering this is his first post ever. I wouldn't use it until there was some source code to look at.

Oh yeah, I'm staying away from this unless and until some actual information comes out.

I have a viewer who ran it in a virtual box and all it seems to do is force OpenGL.

Source code needs to be included in the actual download itself, not just a link.

Having now seen the source code, it appears to be practically identical to changing the startup parameters in the KSP shortcut in a manner described back in June 2014 by Eisfunke.

You can put it everywhere you post the plug in, or in the download itself, both are not required

"3. Source code

All plugins which are made available on the services maintained by Squad that serve the KSP Community must have their source code be made publicly available. This can be achieved by posting it on a public code repository and linking this repository in every location you offer the plugin for download. Including the source code in the download file itself instead of hosting it on a public code repository also satisfies this requirement."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.