Problems with Pwings, FAR, and maybe others...

Wondering if someone can clear a few things up for me. I'm experiencing some weirdness with Pwings and/or FAR, and I'm not sure if it's intentional or due to issues with one or both of them.

I updated to 0.25 yesterday and installed the latest versions of the mods, and then copied across my favourite builds from 0.24.2. First thing that I noticed was that the root thickness was messed up. It seems that when adjusting root chord length on a wing, it also vastly increases the root thickness. I re-adjusted it so it was visually the same as in 0.24.2, and the main wing now has a root thickness of 0.6 and a tip thickness of 0.68. Is this intentional?

rTtHR70l.png g8e1Kp5l.png

I've also noticed that the CoM and CoL have shifted, and the dry mass is now 11.47 where before it was 8. I'm guessing this is due to mass and lift being calculated differently for the wings, but can someone confirm whether this is the case?

qyq4D7al.png W8S5KnAl.png

(The left picture is from 0.24.2, and the right one from 0.25.)

This aircraft used to fly very smoothly in 0.24.2. I've adjusted the CoL backwards and fiddled with the control surfaces but it still has some niggling problems in 0.25, chief among which is that it's not stable in level flight at low altitude above 200m/s. I can manually fly it level with only a small downward pitch (because the main wing has positive AoA it wants to pitch up), but the SAS doesn't seem to want to use the control surfaces. It's as though it can't deflect them more than a couple of degrees, so after a few seconds the aircraft gently pitches up to 45°.

The SAS also seems to be overcorrecting. When I leave it in level flight the pitch of the aircraft oscillates up and down. This never happened in 0.24.2, so it's either something that Squad has changed, or it's an issue with FAR and/or Pwings. Is anyone else having the same issues? I've spoken to one person on Reddit who is experiencing this, but no one else seemed to have a solution.

I can't seem to revert the flight to the runway. It bugs out and the Procedural Parts structural pieces disappear, the all-moving canards are messed up, it floats motionless in the air regardless of physical time warping, and the navball markers are all superposed (see pic below). Is anyone else experiencing this?

6j1hsY8l.png

Lastly, it seems that when I stray more than 8km from the KSC my plane spontaneously explodes :confused: I have my suspicions that this is something to do with Deadly Reentry (because of the g-limits message) or RemoteTech (because of the signal distance maybe) but I'm not sure. Click on the left hand thumbnail for a gif (takes a few seconds to load):

8lpL3W6l.jpg hhE5Vf2l.png

I'm using 32 bit KSP, and here is my mod list (all up to date as of yesterday):

1iWeTAjl.jpg

Edited by Narcosis

1. You can toggle between relative and absolute thickness scaling for pwings in the right-click menu for the wing.

2. FAR in .25 will adjust the mass of wings to be correct for how much wing area they are supporting; that will change the mass of your craft (and the CoM) from what it was before. You can, however, tweak wing mass (and strength) in the right-click menu.

As to the other issues, please follow the guidelines in the stickied How To Get Support thread; we need logs and mod versions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.