Nuka Corp shuttle project ( and apparently other stuff :D )

Anariaq

I would double check this, but I\'m pretty sure with 0.15 there was a new variable added to the CFG that allows you to set the crew without a module at all. Check the stock pod CFG. I know I\'ve got a couple of 'unmanned' pods (one for Silisko, the other I don\'t remember where I got it) that have 0 crew which I modded a while ago when either 0.14 or 0.15 came out. I\'m not at my KSP computer right now so I can\'t tell ya for sure how I did it.

BTW, I\'ve been meaning to ask, are your Kerbal meshes compliant with the new Kerbal model that has been described by the developers in the 0.16 Development thread and the 0.16 Animation thread? I ask because when 0.16 comes out, your meshes won\'t be needed in game since those will be present and if your dimensions and theirs don\'t line up, it\'ll make for some interesting results. :)

Hrm... I wonder if it would be possible to re-texture the mini-pod to be a spaceplane capsule. It would be great to have a dyna-soar analogue using the spaceplane parts, and I\'ve always been a fan of micro-craft.

Could be retextured. Though the UV is a mess. But think the new minipod MK2 will be better solution for that part.

Was not happy with the look of the pod inside KSP, So I decided to redesign the minipod. And this is the result so far.

NTH_minipod_MK2_001.jpg

NTH_minipod_MK2_002.jpg

NTH_minipod_MK2_003.jpg

EDIT: moved a little forward with it

NTH_minipod_MK2_004.jpg

I don\'t mean to be rude but do you plan on actually Finishing any of this? I\'ve been following this for over a month, waiting. and while your stuff looks stunning if you never finish anything, constantly start new things, and never release them, its not very kind to keep teasing us with them. Unless I\'m mistaken and you have finished everything.

What is the status of the shuttle, munpod, capsules ect? Like I said I\'m not trying to rage but I have begun to get a wee bit...tired of this? no that sounds wrong... um, I\'m beginning to lose interest lets say it like that. I mean no point in me coming here every post to see the news if its never going to go anywhere.

I don\'t mean to be rude but do you plan on actually Finishing any of this? I\'ve been following this for over a month, waiting. and while your stuff looks stunning if you never finish anything, constantly start new things, and never release them, its not very kind to keep teasing us with them. Unless I\'m mistaken and you have finished everything.

What is the status of the shuttle, munpod, capsules ect? Like I said I\'m not trying to rage but I have begun to get a wee bit...tired of this? no that sounds wrong... um, I\'m beginning to lose interest lets say it like that. I mean no point in me coming here every post to see the news if its never going to go anywhere.

Will finish with them. As I said before. I work best with multiple project at the time. I have a really bad workflow, because I loose interest in said project and need to make another one, and will return when I loose interest in that project. I ping pong around with them. Can say that I will continue with the dragonfly, because of the cockpit view that they are implementing in 0.16

Will finish with them. As I said before. I work best with multiple project at the time. I have a really bad workflow, because I loose interest in said project and need to make another one, and will return when I loose interest in that project. I ping pong around with them. Can say that I will continue with the dragonfly, because of the cockpit view that they are implementing in 0.16

good to know, thanks for not throwing a piss fit because I was a bit critical. while I\'ve got you where is the 'direction' key for uv mapping 'align to object'? I can\'t find it anywhere! >: U...please?

good to know, thanks for not throwing a piss fit because I was a bit critical. while I\'ve got you where is the 'direction' key for uv mapping 'align to object'? I can\'t find it anywhere! >: U...please?

No need. At least you are honest, and understand your frustration. It is not the fist time I encountered that. I also end up with situation in work and school that is not positive, because of that. And been looking around. I do not know what you are asking about. What is it you are trying to do?

I will say I am finished with the minipod MK2 and will start the highres version. So I can make the normal map for it.

NTH_minipod_MK2_007.jpg

EDIT:

little preview of the highres.

NTH_minipod_MK2_008.jpg

Hope I can make it work

EDIT2:

Well first test I ever made with unity, seems to work :D

Unity2012-07-0602-59-20-04.jpg

Unity2012-07-0602-59-21-59.jpg

Hi,

Your map in unity is nice, I like it a lot. Also, do you now why Unity splits diagonally the faces? Like Quads to tris in blender, it increases poly count.

Also, how did you make those bolts/screws? They are so nice, maybe a bit massive, but never know what can happen. :D

Hi,

Your map in unity is nice, I like it a lot. Also, do you now why Unity splits diagonally the faces? Like Quads to tris in blender, it increases poly count.

Also, how did you make those bolts/screws? They are so nice, maybe a bit massive, but never know what can happen. :D

False splitting a square into 2 triangles does not increase the amount of points as two of them serve as points for both sides.

False splitting a square into 2 triangles does not increase the amount of points as two of them serve as points for both sides.

What? I don\'t understand. If you have square, it has 1 face. If you split it into two triangles, It has two faces. It looks like you\'re talking about verticles.

scaled.php?server=526&filename=ad2l.png&res=landing

56822775.png

Wait... Is there any difference between face and polygon in 3D modelling?

Sorry for OT.

What? I don\'t understand. If you have square, it has 1 face. If you split it into two triangles, It has two faces. It looks like you\'re talking about verticles.

scaled.php?server=526&filename=ad2l.png&res=landing

56822775.png

Wait... Is there any difference between face and polygon in 3D modelling?

Sorry for OT.

Oh, I thought that was what you meant. My bad. BTW the 'false' was a reference to the office not me trying to be a know it all...probably should have disclaimered that.

Yes all object we make is actually all consist of poligons, even if we see them as quad of more ( with ngon system ) So in blender you have a quad but in the background it is actually 2 triangles ( poligons )

How far are you with the Space Shuttles?

not really far.

When I saw the mini-pod, it it weird that the first thing I thought of was McDonnel\'s MISS proposal?

mercprop.gif

Damn there is always some one that already thought about it :P

anyway a little update. Not really happy with the finish with the ampmap and normalmap.

Unity2012-07-1002-01-48-03.jpg

Unity2012-07-1002-01-50-30.jpg

EDIT:

Well I gave up, could not improve the baked textures. But here is a preview of the start of the texturing

minipod001.jpg

EDIT2:

Went a little crazy with the texturing but like it. Will keep this texture :D

minipod002.jpg

EDIT3:

Added small detail to the texture. And hope there i a way to get specmap in KSP, Anyway here is the current texure

minipod003.jpg

Great great job on that. I think I have to look at my own normal maps, seems they can use some improvement.

Stupid me realized that this is within your 3d program. I hope for you it looks as great as it is in here as it is in the game.

Great great job on that. I think I have to look at my own normal maps, seems they can use some improvement.

Many thanks! :D

I noticed that you have specmap on your models? or is it just me seen things? Right now I have specmap in blender. But I have no idea how to make it work in Unity before I export it to KSP. If you have specmap on yours. How did you do it?

Many thanks! :D

I noticed that you have specmap on your models? or is it just me seen things? Right now I have specmap in blender. But I have no idea how to make it work in Unity before I export it to KSP. If you have specmap on yours. How did you do it?

You talking to the right person. The specular map is something you put as a alpha channel in the diffuse map. Thats basicly it. Normal map has its own 'channel'.

You talking to the right person. The specular map is something you put as a alpha channel in the diffuse map. Thats basicly it. Normal map has its own 'channel'.

Is it in the paint program or is it in Unity when I make a material for the model?