Nuka Corp shuttle project ( and apparently other stuff :D )

Anariaq

NTH_launchpad007.jpg

What would be really cool is that once configured for the CCS for example. Use a plug-in to make it mobile. Parking brake it. Then with a bespoke rig and cleaver stage set up have a zero thrust rocket with small particle effect start 15secs before the SSME\'s start (to replicate a water dousing system) then start the SSME\'s, move to full thrust then launch.

NTH_launchpad007.jpg

What would be really cool is that once configured for the CCS for example. Use a plug-in to make it mobile. Parking brake it. Then with a bespoke rig and cleaver stage set up have a zero thrust rocket with small particle effect start 15secs before the SSME\'s start (to replicate a water dousing system) then start the SSME\'s, move to full thrust then launch.

so far this is only be a static model. It is just to make it possible for launch a rocket without it sticking to the launchpad.

Is your Spaceshuttle nearly done? :)

Far from it =P sorry about that. I\'m still waiting to see if any coders could make a plugin that can convince KSP that 1 model will have more functions, like having RCS fuel, main fuel, ASAS and pod in one model only. So far if I have to continue with current way it works. It will have 18 different parts, just to make it work.

Will you be posting anyone of this in the releases section? This looks so amazing, and I\'d use this anyday. so PLEASE RELEASE THIS

Will release when done. The problem with me. Is that I work best with multiple projects at once. Though that mean it will take time to finish them all.

And talking of multiple projects. Here is the shuttle that is going to replace the original shuttle that can be seen in the start of this topic.

NTH_B_shuttle001.jpg

NTH_B_shuttle005.jpg

NTH_B_shuttle002.jpg

NTH_B_shuttle003.jpg

NTH_B_shuttle004.jpg

will be able to carry 2x2x8 meter cargo

EDIT:

added landing gear

NTH_B_shuttle007.jpg

NTH_B_shuttle006.jpg

NTH_B_shuttle008.jpg

Will release when done. The problem with me. Is that I work best with multiple projects at once. Though that mean it will take time to finish them all.

And talking of multiple projects. Here is the shuttle that is going to replace the original shuttle that can be seen in the start of this topic.

Wow. :o

It\'s so beautiful! What are you gonna name it? :)

How far are you on this, %-wise? Does this shuttle has an interior cockpit

I love it.

Wow. :o

It\'s so beautiful! What are you gonna name it? :)

How far are you on this, %-wise? Does this shuttle has an interior cockpit

I love it.

All my shuttles will have interior cockpit. Maybe not the most detailed ( no virtual cockpit view yet ) The new model, I maybe gonna call it BA_shuttle ( big ass shuttle :D ) and right now the % has dropped after the new release of KSP. A lot of new things I need to learn before I can finish them.

I agree with Trustme2. The shuttle is incredibly beautifull.

Not to rain on your parade, but why have you added the landing gear? It will make the process to make the shuttle usable probably much more difficult. KSP 0.15 default has a very elegant landing gear which can be used easily.

I agree with Trustme2. The shuttle is incredibly beautifull.

Not to rain on your parade, but why have you added the landing gear? It will make the process to make the shuttle usable probably much more difficult. KSP 0.15 default has a very elegant landing gear which can be used easily.

Thanks! It would if they where big enough, the size of the vanilla landing gear in 0.15 is actually the same size of the Kerbal at the top of the shuttle. Hence could be problematic to use ;)

As of now all my shuttles is one of design, meaning there is only one way to build it ( though could add structure at the surface ) I\'m not creative enough to figure out a modular design for spaceplane. Thats why I making them one of designs :) they have a fixed cargo size, what it carries can be different, but still fixed at the size of cargo room. That is why I have planned to make 3 different spaceplanes.

* if only i had those blender skills ... deep sigh ! *

Did you make the back of the shuttle a little higher with the passenger cargopod, or is my imagination playing tricks on me?

By the way, judging by the size (and probable weight) of the shuttle a four wheeled undercarriage in the rear seems to be more appropriate

* if only i had those blender skills ... deep sigh ! *

Did you make the back of the shuttle a little higher with the passenger cargopod, or is my imagination playing tricks on me?

By the way, judging by the size (and probable weight) of the shuttle a four wheeled undercarriage in the rear seems to be more appropriate

Both models is exactly same size, it is just that the door is open that make it look smaller. Was thinking on using 4 wheeled, but I don\'t think that it is possible to simulate that in KSP. So I went with 2 wheeled. If possible I will change them.

What engines are you going to put in the Shuttle? Only rocket engines? or both rocket and plane engines?

How are you supposed to stear it? With the stock flaps/aerilions? I don\'t really think it will suit this gem! :D

I\'m wondering why you think that a four weeled undercarriage can\'t be simulate bij KSP. Isn\'t it (almost) the same as two two wheeled?

The problem for 4 wheeled aircraft. Is there will be a pivot point between front and back wheels. So far I don\'t know if that is possible to simulate in KSP. The easiest to do is make a 2 wheeled landing gear.

What engines are you going to put in the Shuttle? Only rocket engines? or both rocket and plane engines?

How are you supposed to stear it? With the stock flaps/aerilions? I don\'t really think it will suit this gem! :D

The plan is to use airbreathing engines, and scram engine ( dont know if possible ) then liquid engine as final. All control surfaces will be custom for all shuttles. the stock part is to small for this shuttle ;)

and little update.

NTH_B_shuttle012.jpg

Frankly, i don\'t like the solarpanels sticking out of the side of the shuttle.

With a shuttle this size, i would expect an internal generator/battery more than sufficient for two to three weeks energy.

Should there really be a need for solar power, it most probably would be integrated into the cargobay doors, not by creating an additional structural weakpoint at the nose.

*edit: typo*

Cool panels 8) The pointy nose makes it look like the Concorde :)

Are you still working on the CL-Shuttle ?

Yes still working on it. Though not much to show at all. Will say if I have cancelled something of my work. So far none cancellation ;)

Frankly, i don\'t like the solarpanels sticking out of the side of the shuttle.

With a shuttle this size, i would expect an internal generator/battery more than sufficient for two to three weeks energy.

Should there really be a need for solar power, it most probably would be integrated into the cargobay doors, not by creating an additional structural weakpoint at the nose.

*edit: typo*

The reason I have the solarpanels on the shuttle. Is that the cargopod can be changed, So having them on the doors of the unpressurized cargopod. Then you don\'t have any for the rest of the cargopods. The second reason for the solarpanels on this shuttle specifically. Is that there will be a cargopod for interplanetary travel with the option for landing small landing pod on planets. And return for refuel for another 1 or 2 landings.

NTH_B_shuttle014.jpg

NTH_B_shuttle013.jpg

EDIT:

the rest of the cargo pod is actually extra fuel for the shuttle to do the interplanetary travel.

Should a four wheeled undercarriage be impossible to create, a landing gear like f.i. the Antonov cargoplanes could be an alternative.

533px-Antonov-225_main_landing_gear_2.jpg

Never thought of that type of landinggear :D that one could be used. Though have to restart the model of the landinggear room. Though will use for future reference when I have to make a new or remodel this one.

A little OT.

Finally my first Minmus landing :D

minmusland001.jpg