In-game wiki

One thing that would really help is an in-game wiki. Sorta like Civ V.

I use to be a pure vanilla player, but with the "Alt-Tab-fest" to get info (delta-v map, planet info and so on) it just got to much. Also not all the info on parts are displayed, even with the right-click.

It would also help both new and experienced players alike, to make better decisions and generally build smarter.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe, but we already have detailed tooltips for every part, facility and planet. Unless we're planning on going into the backstory of KSP, I'm not really sure that would add much to the game.

Ugh, not an in-game browser, please. Web browsers are the single biggest collection of integrated security holes on the desktop these days. Embedded web browsers are the worst for security issues, as they lack the normal controls available in a full browser to block or filter Flash and other similar perpetual security vulnerabilities.

If, for some reason, we do get an in-game browser to satisfy the desires of some, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include an option to completely disable it.

Edit: If there's any areas where the tooltips are seriously deficient, that should certainly be fixed.

Edited by Murph

I think this would be cool, but Murph is right, having the wiki be an imbedded web browser is a bad idea. What I would like to see is another building (idk what to call it, possible a university, museum, or tourist office) where all the parts are shown with all of their stats, the short blurb about them that already exists, a picture of the part, and a "manufacturers notes" section that gives the player an idea of how, when, and where to use this part. The parts list would be able to go from showing only parts currently unlocked (as to not overwhelm the new player) to the entire parts list (to show what can be unlocked). This new building would also include a description, summary and directions on, each building (what it does, what the player can do in that building).There would be a section that shows what each key does, and access to the tutorials. At the start of a new game, whether it be sandbox, science, or career mode, the player would be encouraged to check out this building first, perhaps by Gene Kerman saying "hey you should check out the Kerbal University" and maybe with an arrow pointing to it. One could, of course opt out of this, by clicking an X or another building or something. I believe this would be a great way to ease new player into the game, especially sandbox mode which can be incredibly overwhelming.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.