[PLUGIN, PARTS 0.17] Zoxygene (Life Support) mod v0.7.1 (12.09.27)

l00

Just to give a little update:

I have the models done for the next release and UV mapping is done as well. But since I\'m crap at texturing it will take me some time to finish those up.

Any volunteers for texturing? 8)

Addendum: the solar panels won\'t be part of the next update(sorry) because I\'m waiting for the animation system that Mu came up with. C7 mentioned it in his dev blog and i want to wait and see if it\'s better suited for what I have in mind than the one I have been using(which is made by sarkun).

I have the models done for the next release and UV mapping is done as well. But since I\'m crap at texturing it will take me some time to finish those up.

Addendum: the solar panels won\'t be part of the next update(sorry) because I\'m waiting for the animation system that Mu came up with. C7 mentioned it in his dev blog and i want to wait and see if it\'s better suited for what I have in mind than the one I have been using(which is made by sarkun).

I could try my hand at texturing it (I\'ve learned quite a bit lately) and see if you like it.

could it be possible to make oxigene usage by the crew and gain from solar panels lower, as to make it easier to just take oxigene with you for the trip?

Just modify the capacity of each tank and dont take the solar panels from this mod with you to the mun.

And there you have limited time on the moon, but enough to perform your mission.

The problem as I see it with not taking the solar panels, is that the ZO2 tanks drain together, so you\'re unable to save some small tanks full for that return trip home.

I have the models done for the next release and UV mapping is done as well.

I look forward to the next update. This is quite a fun little mod :)

I\'m a piece of S### at texturing.

Make sure you don\'t use the demo, like all other plugins this won\'t work without the paid version. Extract the download file into the games main folder. That\'s it. You already should have a \'parts\' folder, during extraction you might get asked whether you want to create the new folders, depending on what kind of extraction tool you\'re using(i personally use winrar).

Update should be out in a couple of days I think, l00 knows more.

Hi!

Finally 0.5 is out, check for detailes in OP!

We\'ll be working now on finalizing the part models/textures and making better solar panels.

Anyway, for now, new models for tanks/main system, reworked code improving performance (lol the 0.5 alphas lagged older pcs like hell...), tank priorities and external module compatibility are added.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!

Make sure you don\'t use the demo, like all other plugins this won\'t work without the paid version. Extract the download file into the games main folder. That\'s it. You already should have a \'parts\' folder, during extraction you might get asked whether you want to create the new folders, depending on what kind of extraction tool you\'re using(i personally use winrar).

Update should be out in a couple of days I think, l00 knows more.

Thanks for the help! :)

Am I the only one that\'s completely bugged with this?

On any ship with the v0.5, I can build the craft and stage it right, then I launch it. My craft is on the pad but I have no staging bar on the left and my stage is 000 in the bottom left corner. I get the same problem with v0.4 all of a sudden. When I remove the ZO2 main then my staging bar comes back.

I suspect it\'s my program as it use to work and now it doesn\'t. I\'ll check the file dates on each part/mesh/dll.

Edit: I now suspect a part conflict ... narrowing it down now ...

Edit: Okay - conflicts with the condemned Pod that has no Kerbals in it. A ZO2 main with the unmanned condemned pod removes the staging bar in flight mode. Not a big deal and its an odd combination of parts to have anyway. I shall soldier on! Thx. :)

Edit: The new thin ZO2 main seems to interfere with side attachments when placed in the stack. It interferes with attach points somehow, as if it\'s a smidgen too wide or something like that. When the MAIN is in a stack, I need to make sure side attachments of any kind are not close to it. Nice decals btw. I\'ve still yet to launch this beast but it will look good on the mun. :) Some parts still auto-jump to the bottom stage in the VAB.

Bonus mini-addon:

Zoxygen recharge panels - PowerTech edition

The plugin combines panel code of Zoxygen and PowerTech as well as adds some new features.

Once deployed, the panels turn themselves to the Sun and produce Zoxygen depending on attitude.

Warning: high drag coefficient and low durability. Do not deploy in the atmosphere!

Download link

Edit: upgraded the module a bit. now it\'s possible to correctly define non-rotating panels (RotatingPanels = false) and even make the panel to be rotated 180 degrees if it\'s attached to one of the sides of the ship (rightRotate = 1 to flip panel on the right side, rightRotate = -1 to flip it on the left side). So, now it\'s possible to make both Soyuz panels correctly placed with one part.

Bonus mini-addon:

Zoxygen recharge panels - PowerTech edition

The plugin combines panel code of Zoxygen and PowerTech as well as adds some new features.

Once deployed, the panels turn themselves to the Sun and produce Zoxygen depending on attitude.

Warning: high drag coefficient and low durability. Do not deploy in the atmosphere!

Download link

Is it really true that they are so weak that if flying to fast in atmosphere, even when they are not deployed. They are destroyed? If that was on purpose, That is one of the best thing ever. Now I actually have to watch my speed up trough the atmosphere :D and stop me from just using full throttle.

A ZO2 main with the unmanned condemned pod removes the staging bar in flight mode. Not a big deal and its an odd combination of parts to have anyway. I shall soldier on! Thx. :)

I know why this happens: There is no crew, so there are 0 crewmembers that are alive, and the zo2 system kills the vessel. Will be fixed in next update!

The new thin ZO2 main seems to interfere with side attachments when placed in the stack. It interferes with attach points somehow, as if it\'s a smidgen too wide or something like that. When the MAIN is in a stack, I need to make sure side attachments of any kind are not close to it.

Yepp :) Will fix on next release. \'Till than, change the attachrules line in the part.cfg to this: attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

Some parts still auto-jump to the bottom stage in the VAB.

That actually is a feature, so ppl can keep track of ZO2 related stuff without scrolling up and down in the stages during flight.

Please, everyone, tell me if you find that conveniant or annoying. I can disable that feature if it annoys you guys.

Cheers!

Not really possible. But Alchemist made some folding solar panels that work with this mod, it\'s a few posts up and l00 will feature it soon in the original post.

In other news: I\'ve sent the reworked tanks and main system to l00, should work better now and I\'ve improved the textures and models, so expect an update soon.

There are basically 2 ways of adapting animated panels:

1) writing a plugin that combines functionality of both modules

2) adapting the panels to already existing module with such functionality (see PowerTech documentation for panel configuring specifications of my plugin)

I\'m a know-nothing at this point, so anything beyond some very simple line editing is over my head, and even then I would need someone to hold my hand through it. Anyhow, thanks for the mini-addon, Alchemist!

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of those exceptional mods I am having to adjust to not working with .15

I tried recompiling the source you have for download (with the KSP.IO changes for this new build), but I have no idea what I am doing really. I think I need to spend some time learning to mod.

This is one of those exceptional mods I am having to adjust to not working with .15

Things like that (i mean that you like the mod, not that it\'s not working with .15) are always good to hear, thx! :D

I haven\'t had a chance to test the zo2 mod with .15 yet, as i am not in the experimental testing group.

But i will check later today, so there should be a working version soon!

Cheers!

You are a gentleman and a scholar! I only started playing KSP about 2 weeks ago, and one of the first mods I installed was this one due to the added realism and tactics it offered. In fact I would say it is so well done it almost feels like it is a core part of the game.

At any rate I did test it out with .15 and while the ZO2 tanks do appear to work, the solar rechargers do not. Also, while the tanks do drain, the kerbals do not die when they run out. They do still turn blue however which I find quite interesting :-P

My guess is it has something to do with the change of making the call to KSP.IO instead of System.IO so the plugin is either not loading at all or is not able to make the calls it needs to work properly.

Hi Everyone!

The Zoxygene mod has been updated to work with KSP 0.15, go grab it! :)

We will, however, have to wait for the Folding Panels to be updated, so we only have the standard ones to work with for now.

Also, a larger update is coming, with things like normal mapped parts and ZO2 integrated command pods...

Happy Launchings,

Cheers!

You are a gentleman and a scholar! I only started playing KSP about 2 weeks ago, and one of the first mods I installed was this one due to the added realism and tactics it offered. In fact I would say it is so well done it almost feels like it is a core part of the game.

At any rate I did test it out with .15 and while the ZO2 tanks do appear to work, the solar rechargers do not. Also, while the tanks do drain, the kerbals do not die when they run out. They do still turn blue however which I find quite interesting :-P

My guess is it has something to do with the change of making the call to KSP.IO instead of System.IO so the plugin is either not loading at all or is not able to make the calls it needs to work properly.

Well, i am hardly any of those things... :)

I actually was, and still am trying to make the mod feel stock, that is why i didn\'t add custom ui and such, glad to know it\'s working out as intended!

Actually, only the folding panels use the system.io, and those were made by Alchemist, so i\'ll ask him about an update.

However, many other things changed in 0.15, so i had my work cut out for me to make this mod work properly again...

Anyway, enjoy the new version!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.