[PLUGIN, PARTS 0.17] Zoxygene (Life Support) mod v0.7.1 (12.09.27)

l00

Hi Everyone!

Some answers:

The flights should be ended and ships rebuilt is because i changed EPS significantly, it now uses partmodules instead of 'simple' modules.

I tested upgrading 6.1 to 6.2, and the save did not break, however, there was some odd behaviour. Better safe than sorry braking your saves ;)

I am beginning work on multiple zo2 modules being supported, EPS should make that relatively easy.

The ship should still explode using more than one, but i didn't test that recently.

Is there still a place where the L key is indicated as drill position toggle? Please tell me where so i can correct it!

Also place the drills as low as possible, they will stop when they reach the ground. A good way to tell if they are working

is if they display the light-effects.

The ZO2 animated panels are indeed outdated, i have included a .cfg in OP. Just replace the panels .cfg with that one

to make it work!

Also you can use Kosmos and Dynasat panels now, please see OP!

For the future,

i am planning to implement multiple ZO2 systems available, as well as ZO2 integrated pods.

I am also working on Kerbals having ZO2 on EVAs. It is actually done, but due to a bug in KSP,

it won't work properly. I'll keep trying! :)

Cheers!

Hi there. Thank you so much for your reply. As for the "L" button, i found that out by looking at your pictures linked on the first page. It says on there that "L" deploys the drills.... sorry for being a dummy and looking in the wrong spot.

For the Animated z02 panels, I will check out the CFG and try to change it out. As you can tell, i am not too savvy with this kind of stuff (it must be my old age) but i will give it a go, thanks.

As for the drills after pressing "v", well they seemed to deploy, but there was no light animations going on, so i can only assume they were too high. I will try to reposition them and give them a go.

Looking forward to your updates. Many thanks for replying.

[edit] One more questions and i think this has been brought up before. I have built a craft and its purpose is to drop the habitat module (mod) with solar panels and drills on the mun and a return vehicle attached to the top of this to take the single pilot back to kerbin leaving a "base" running Z02 on the mun.

The problem i am having is when i seperate the last stage, my kerbal instantly dies as the z02 main module is left behind on the "base" and the return vehicle is seperated from the z02 main module. Is there any way around this? - i could just put a mechjeb pilotless module on there instead i suppose.

Regards,

Bogus.

Edited by Bogusheadbox

Yepp, the pics section has it wrong indeed. Thx for pointing that out! I need to redo the pics anyway, it's terribly outdated...

Ability to have more than one ZO2 main system is a planned feature.

Cheers!

hah, indeed Jeb would not approve, but seriously, this is quite a nifty plugin/mod, I love having to recharge your Z20 hah, I lost 3 stations while orbiting the dark side of Kerbin hehe, however it did cost me alot of kennies to get them stations in orbit, oh well, not like I have a limited supply of kennies hehe

Hi, this may be an obvious question, but does having 3 Kerbin on a ship use the Z02 up three times faster or is the rate set at a constant rate regardless of crew size?

I just wanted to make sure.

And great mod by the way, after you get all the basics down, things like this keep the game interesting.

Also you can use Kosmos and Dynasat panels now, please see OP!

How? The deploy animation for the "Short Kosmos Solar Panel" doesn't work. They kind of get placed at a distance away from the craft and they stay undeployed, though clicking deploy seems to still give you solar panel. I'm kind of desperate, does anyone have the part.cfg for The short Kosmos Solar panel?

Do you have a file for it in PluginData/PowerTech (or so)?

If not, copy the PluginData floder from Kosmos again.

Theres a "ZO2PowertechSolarpanel.cfg" file in the PluginData folder and I can't even find the download link for the Kosmos Solar Panels anymore.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/6680-Collection-Kosmos-Spacecraft-Design-Bureau-%28SSPP-4-1-6-12-12%29

Though I just saw that these don't need a fiöe in PluginData/PowerTech. Does it work again if you remove the part module from it?

When I remove what from where? If you mean the SolarPanel.cfg from the PluginData/PowerTech then I don't think so. That cfg is for another solar panel. The problem is that the Kosmos Solar Panel has a wrong deploy animation, so something is probably wrong with the part.cfg.

I curious about how many panels people are using per crewman to keep them alive in Kerbal orbit and which type of panels?

It seems like I'm needing 8 Dynavolt P600 for each Kerbal. Are there better panels?

Maybe try the EPS Solar Panel?

Okay, so I've been playing with the plugin recently as I try moving onto more advanced, long term setups. However it seems there's a serious issue with my installation. I have a single 3-man pod (stock), 1 BASE Node, 4 BASE Habitat modules, 4 BASE Landing Engines, 4 ZO2 Main Systems, and 8 ZO2 solar panels (the ones that come with the pack). Even with all 8 panels running and 4 ZO2 systems, I'm unable to recharge ZO2 and run out of ZO2 about half way to the Mun. I'd post the .craft file or a photo, but I've been tweaking it constantly and for now have removed the ZO2 stuff until I can figure out what's going on.

I'm using the most current version of ZO2 with 0.16.

i thaught you only could have 1 ZO2 main system lol i guess the modder was wrong on the first page that everything could go boom... well i honestly don't have any ptoblems 1 main can upkeep the 3 kerbonauts and you don't need much to do so i have a lunar base with 8 ZO2 solar panels and 1 nuclear with a large sidemount EPS and all goes find if you ask me

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.