KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

Glad to see this mod back, but I have a question. How ARE you meant to assemble the VA system? I thought I had it down, but then realised that there were a few parts I hadn't used. A link to a vid, a pic or a craft file would be greatly appreciated.

(BTW, it really IS great to see this back)

As for Apas-69 I wil try and get that working... I am not sure the issue though :/

Manually docking, I've been able to reproduce the bug only coming in hot and misaligned starting at about 0.3 m/s. Lots of petal on petal rubbing there, so I second that being a thing of collider interaction. Add my vote to the don't-abandon-APAS camp; I do use it as my primary docking port due to the aligning precision, and I missed it dearly after KSP updates rendered it buggy. Btw, CBBP, what are the chances of an 89/95 type inner petal APAS-96? If you need help with modelling it, or an implementation of the International Docking System Standard, I might be able to give you a hand.

Anyone getting a bug where the VA shrinks after time-warp?
I've had the shrinking bug, but I don't think it was when I was using the VA. Could be a common plugin that kosmos uses

This was a problem with the way the MODEL{scale} was set and is fixed for the next release

For anyone feeling adventurous, I've updated the Universal Rocket Module plugin for KOSMOS. New features include VAB-switchable model parts and auto-sizing interstage fairings. This update should work with existing installations, but there's always a chance that it'll break things. The new features are found on the new parts, Universal Rocket Module 1.25m fuel tank (under Propulsion), and the URM-1 Interstage Fairing (under Structure).

For anyone feeling adventurous, I've updated the Universal Rocket Module plugin for KOSMOS. New features include VAB-switchable model parts and auto-sizing interstage fairings. This update should work with existing installations, but there's always a chance that it'll break things. The new features are found on the new parts, Universal Rocket Module 1.25m fuel tank (under Propulsion), and the URM-1 Interstage Fairing (under Structure).

I'm about to try this out right now, but I wanted to know if the URM tanks had tweakscale capabilities for diameter? I know the engines do but I think I tried the tanks and they didn't have it. I think it can easily be written too with a simple MM patch so i'll try!

I'm about to try this out right now, but I wanted to know if the URM tanks had tweakscale capabilities for diameter? I know the engines do but I think I tried the tanks and they didn't have it. I think it can easily be written too with a simple MM patch so i'll try!

I don't use Tweakscale, so, no, they aren't written with that in mind. Very early versions of the plugin allowed you to change diameter, but there were some technical issues that I didn't solve, so I disabled that. It might show up again down the road.

I don't use Tweakscale, so, no, they aren't written with that in mind. Very early versions of the plugin allowed you to change diameter, but there were some technical issues that I didn't solve, so I disabled that. It might show up again down the road.

Okay thanks anyways because I'd love to e able to work with larger diameters at times with these parts!

Okay thanks anyways because I'd love to e able to work with larger diameters at times with these parts!

I'm pretty sure that Cbbp wants 2.5 and higher size tanks for KOSMOS, so if it's not in the plugin they'll show up sometime in the future. I'm actually glad if they are a separate part, as stuff that makes thing bigger radially like tweakscale doesn't really fix the number of sides of the cylinder of the part in question.

I'm pretty sure that Cbbp wants 2.5 and higher size tanks for KOSMOS, so if it's not in the plugin they'll show up sometime in the future. I'm actually glad if they are a separate part, as stuff that makes thing bigger radially like tweakscale doesn't really fix the number of sides of the cylinder of the part in question.

Good point :) also, i've recently gotten into converting all my textures into DDS format, FINALLY figured out how to run this pack, Tantares, FUSTEK, and KSO without crashing on 32 bit! :D right now my URM pack is only 42MB

For some reason my game hangs on loading the kosmos SSPP pack. Every time on "KOSMOS/Parts/Engine/Kosmos_TKS_RD-0225_Engine/part/Kosmos_TKS_RD-0225_Engine"...??? (can't read the rest of the line).

Edit: Multiple parts on both the SSPP and URM packs :( I'm running latest version KSP and just downloaded both packs and installed them on a clean KSP folder.

Edited by Tyoi

I love the art-work that goes into these parts. Lovely stuff. Only 'complaint' I could think of is that there's a lack of realistic styled other parts that look good next to these.

I'm looking forward to the nuke engine.

cBBP, just wondering, would it be possible to either add a "paint-kit" to change the textures of the pack on our own, or make more textures available? i would love to see KOSMOS either with a white color (Mir-like), stockish or soviet green :)