2nd KRF Formula K Championship

NQMT

Here we have the KR-03 from the Kyrian Racing R&D Labs.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Its extremely light frame (1.31t to be exact) gives it astonishing acceleration, and the eight Small Control Surfaces give a large amount of downforce.

It is very twitchy to drive under 10m/s, and not very responsive above 25m/s.

The front wheels have a slight amount of camber, as do the rears to aid with cornering grip.

I've very slightly based the design on the 2014 Mercedes AMG Petronas W05.

Signed Driver: Giedo Kerman

Edited by Kyrian

Something I've never understood about Formula K is why you insist people use the wheels that give poor performance. The Rovemax Model M1 is allows my 1.05 tonne empty vehicle to reach a speed of about 14.5 m/s. With the TR-2L Ruggedized Vehicular Wheel, my vehicle becomes faster, tougher, and lighter. 20 m/s top linear speed. (24.5 with some strange jiggling) 0.95 tonnes..

Something I've never understood about Formula K is why you insist people use the wheels that give poor performance. The Rovemax Model M1 is allows my 1.05 tonne empty vehicle to reach a speed of about 14.5 m/s. With the TR-2L Ruggedized Vehicular Wheel, my vehicle becomes faster, tougher, and lighter. 20 m/s top linear speed. (24.5 with some strange jiggling) 0.95 tonnes..

Well, my friend! it only does 14.5 m/s because it doesn't have RTGs! put about 8-10 RTGs on it and it should do about 21.5 m/s!

Well, that, and the fact that the TR-2L is a bit bigger, and wider.

Don't worry, you'll get used to "looks" over performance.

The M1 wheel is sleeker, better looking and actually stays on my craft when I accelerate. The TR-2L is not, is not, and does not.

The last one sounds like a kerbal engineering fault to me!

Because when i used TR-2L, they stayed on the vehicle.

However, my company has got several instances where it has shipped our vehicles and/or wheels with loose bolts.

Testing of the KCP Sprinter V6 is going well. Control surfaces have been locked as OP states. Fine tuning of wheels and such are in progress. Possible sponsorship from FIST corporation coming up. (I'll change the name to the FRD Sprinter V6 at that time)

And I've got some action groups to put the steering of the wheels into some interesting configurations... :wink:

"Invert steering" is useful for once. :D

Edit: and we've got a sponsorship from FIST! :)

It is now the FIST Racing Division Sprinter V6.

Edited by Starwhip

I'm definitely, definitely going to enter this.

Since the above statement isn't much, I'll provide a tip for those still building:

I really love the medium-sized, flat DTS-M1 communication antenna. It's absolutely wonderful to add some onto a roll-cage of Cubic Octagonal Struts... it really enhances the look.

Here's an example of the antennas on a car I built recently. Though I'm definitely not going to use this design for this competition, I'll certainly borrow some of its looks... :)

g9ZfPDV.jpg

Certainly not an Innovation in Performance, but depending on how aesthetically appealing you want your car to be, it's something to consider.

I'll post more pictures later, but here's the car I've built.

bJa29U3.jpg

It's got an obscenely effective roll cage. 1.05-ish tons with RCS drained. Three inert control surfaces.

Personally, I think it's really cool, though how well it races is still to be determined.

It's nameless as of now, by the way. Any suggestions? :)

The We're Frickin' Racing Co. is proud to present the WFRC Mk III!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

At empty we are weighing in at a moderate 1.606t, while with a full tank we sit at 1.806t.

Though complete testing is not finished we have hit a max of 33m/s with boost and around 24m/s without.

It has 5 control surfaces, 2 pocket I-beams, and 2 1x1's. Oh and the necessary 4 wheels. :D

We have found the car near impossible to flip and rather safe for the driver.

Let me know if the car follows the specs required. I believe it does but I'm not positive. Is there a max number of RTGs or batteries or anything like that?

Also what are allowable mods? I saw people talking about tweakable wheels and stuff... Is that allowed?

I'm quite excited to see this league in action!

As per the OP, Tweakable Wheels is allowed (and recommended, you can drastically tighten your turning circle with it). I wouldn't try any other performance enhancing mods, but I'd assume that non-performance things like Kerbpaint or Enhanced Navball are fine.

Keep in mind that the tracks are tight; cornering and acceleration are likely to be more important than top speed. F1, not Indy.

To keep it fair, I will allow TweakableWheels but not encourage it. I myself won't be using it. It'll be your choice to use or not.

Also, very nice entry, frickafrack! Looks like you'll have a competitive car!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.