Project Alexandria: a history of spaceflight done in Real Solar System

Felbourn

I'm American, and we have a policy of never giving in to any terrorist demands. I received a call from the President who told me to not make an Alexandria last week. I had been thinking about it, but then he said, "You can't give in to these demands, Bob. It's for the good of the nation." You have to listen when the President asks. I hope there are no demands for Alexandria this week. I'd hate to work on such an episode but then be forced to not release it for fear of looking like I was giving in to terrorist demands. ;)

I'm American, and we have a policy of never giving in to any terrorist demands. I received a call from the President who told me to not make an Alexandria last week. I had been thinking about it, but then he said, "You can't give in to these demands, Bob. It's for the good of the nation." You have to listen when the President asks. I hope there are no demands for Alexandria this week. I'd hate to work on such an episode but then be forced to not release it for fear of looking like I was giving in to terrorist demands. ;)

Don't worry, Felbourn! I get it! Take the time you need!

Well then!! You have done this!! Their blood is on your hands!! Because of your arrogance THIS HAS HAPPENED!!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I hope you know I did not want to do this. I hope you see now that my resolve cannot be broken! Don't test me! You have one week again!! Next time it will be 200 kerbals I promise the machine will not be as humane next time! Good day sir!

Well then!! You have done this!! Their blood is on your hands!! Because of your arrogance THIS HAS HAPPENED!!

http://imgur.com/a/CQK5d

I hope you know I did not want to do this. I hope you see now that my resolve cannot be broken! Don't test me! You have one week again!! Next time it will be 200 kerbals I promise the machine will not be as humane next time! Good day sir!

you fool! If you keep this up, he'll just keep delaying!

Edited by Sampa

Black helicopters. Snipers. Smart bombs. I know men in high places. These are the accouterments you can expect in your future, terrorist. I hope the faces of those poor Kerbals haunt your dreams for as many nights as you have left before the assassins find you.

Seriously, though, nice death rig.

you idiot! If you keep this up, he'll just keep delaying!

mwhahahahahahahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Black helicopters. Snipers. Smart bombs. I know men in high places. These are the accouterments you can expect in your future, terrorist. I hope the faces of those poor Kerbals haunt your dreams for as many nights as you have left before the assassins find you.

Seriously, though, nice death rig.

all I have to say is......bring it on.

thanks i worked really hard on it

Edited by sp1989

Well then!! You have done this!! Their blood is on your hands!! Because of your arrogance THIS HAS HAPPENED!! snip

Nice guillotine, but don't do any of this terror anymore, or else I'll use my poking stick!

But 1961! *madly works on some not so secret replica madly with madness.*

Nice guillotine, but don't do any of this terror anymore, or else I'll use my poking stick!

But 1961! *madly works on some not so secret replica madly with madness.*

The terrorists have been "captured" *cough* killed *cough* There were snipers, black helicopters, smart bombs, and special forces involved. The only clue I have is that the helicopters had an enormous BF logo on the side. Anyway no more terrorists in the foreseeable future.

Do 1961! It's late! Please!

Don't take this wrong. I am not upset. I love that people are excited to see my work. I'm happy you're excited to see it. But... It's not late. It's just "not done." ;) There's no such thing as late for any of my work. Sure, I tend to release something every Monday, but that was a decision I made for myself, as a creator. My old way was to release the same day I finished something. This led to not having anything that was ready but unreleased, and that meant I could never take a day off. I changed to releasing once per week and suddenly I was getting a backup of episodes that allowed me to take a three week vacation and still have stuff to release. Sadly that changed. I fell behind as things got harder to make. Odyssey is getting unstable again. Alexandria ships are harder to make now. Odyssey interludes take 90 minutes to make per 1 minute of video and new ships still require new parts added. Every ship in Alexandria is a custom build with home made CFG files. All of this I do because I enjoy it. My YouTube channel does not run ads like other channels (not counting some early mistakes I made of using copyrighted songs so now those videos have ads, beyond my control). Since I don't get paid for my work, that makes it a hobby, with no defined release schedule, and therefore stuff is done when it's done, and releases when I can.

All that said, I love the passion you're showing for wanting to see more. In some ways perhaps if there were NOT people like you demanding more content NOW NOW NOW then I'd lose interest? Maybe you're exactly what I need to keep my motivation up? That's probably true. I'm probably just grumbling about it being called "late." Maybe if it were "I'm so excited to see more! I can't wait for 1961!"

Oh since I am here, check out what I needed to make for my next launch to ensure the parts had the right CFG values:

5g1XqSF.png

Ok Bob, I understand. Sorry if you took that the wrong way, I'm just hyped up about the manned spaceflight! Actually, I don't really care how late your vids are, as long as they are awesome!

Nah, I know where your heart is. :) I know you're just excited and want more. I play KSP because I enjoy it, but I make the videos for you. I expect you to be excited for more. You were just the lucky 100th customer who got a reply that I had been meaning to write anyway at some point, some time, somewhere, about using the word "late." I get a lot of YouTube comments posted when I miss a week... of people saying "Where's the episode!? Why is it late!?" It's like when my cats have decided it's time to be fed. "Meow! Meow! Food! Meow! Meow! Now! Meow! Meow!" Ok! Ok cats! I get it! You're hungry! ;) I still really like my cats anyway, though.

Hey Bob, I know you're busy right now with making Alexandria episode 7(which I can't wait to see). So Answer these whenever you can.

1. Will you be covering the spaceflight activity of any countries other than the US and Russia in Project Alexandria?

2. Will you still be making a video of the trip you took to jpl that you mentioned in one of the episodes of Alexandria?

3. Can you describe(or maybe make an AMA of) how you made the crew tunnels that you used on the Mun base in Ep. 38 of Odyssey?

Once again, I understand you are busy, so answer these when you have time. I also wanted to thank you for all the hard work you do on making these videos for all of us. You are about the only youtuber making ksp videos who I watch right now. I can wait to see the first manned flights in the next episode! :)

Hey Bob, I know you're busy right now with making Alexandria episode 7(which I can't wait to see). So Answer these whenever you can.

1. Will you be covering the spaceflight activity of any countries other than the US and Russia in Project Alexandria?

2. Will you still be making a video of the trip you took to jpl that you mentioned in one of the episodes of Alexandria?

3. Can you describe(or maybe make an AMA of) how you made the crew tunnels that you used on the Mun base in Ep. 38 of Odyssey?

Once again, I understand you are busy, so answer these when you have time. I also wanted to thank you for all the hard work you do on making these videos for all of us. You are about the only youtuber making ksp videos who I watch right now. I can wait to see the first manned flights in the next episode! :)

I can answer the Mun base question. Those are a part in the mks/OKS kolinization mod by roverdude. If you have that and install KAS you can make tunnels however you want.

Also hopefully in the future he will work on other countries. He did say he was gonna cover anything that went past the karmin line.

I wouldn't recommend RVE in its current form unless you play on Linux. And after Bob's spreadsheet there I imagine the last thing the man has time for is getting Linux up and running and having to redo everything he does in Linux.

That and there is a significant amount of graphical issues. The blue-ing of the atmosphere before the scaled space switch, clouds clipping into mountains, and the atmosphere downright disappearing on every reload or craft switch.

Sadly... This may never get fixed. Not just RVE, but ALL visual packs are in big trouble because of Rbrays absence. Which by now I'm convinced is permanent. It's a big issue because nobody can fill those shoes. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Its best Bob just sticks to whatever it is he's currently doing for his visuals. Can't wait for 1961 btw.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.