Game is not loading

I recently switched to 64bit linux, and when I tried to start up KSP with my mods, it stopped loading at a particular point.

Need some help with that.

On another note, what exactly are the advantages of Linux over Windows? I mean, I'm not a code wizard, so what good is it for me? (other than the 64-bit goodness)

Read this please: How to get Support and The Linux Thread

Advantages of Linux over Windows:

- less malware/virus,

- free software, opensource, (all you can do with a paid software on Windows, you can do this with a 0 cost software on Linux),

- you have the hand on your computer,

- all software that you have installed with the official repository of your distribution have been tested,

- automatic update of ALL software that you have installed on your computer,

- easy install of free old remake games such as openttd, freeciv, freecol, 0AD ... with the automatic updater integrate in your distribution (I've past lots of time on openttd and freeciv :P),

- a second youth for old computers (it can replace Windows XP with a better performance).

Disadvantages of Linux over Windows:

- a little bit complicated for a user who have been formatted by Windows (this is not really a disadvantage :P), you need to learn how to use a computer,

- a little bit complicated to install some driver, you need to read lots of tutorial ;)

- not lots of game on linux (but on steam there are more than 500 games and greats games such as KSP :), civilization, europa universalis, all valve games, wargame, tropico 5, dead island, borderlands, War Thunder, many indies games and more and more will come).

If you need news on linux gaming: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/

Edited by Malah

Here is my log, if that helps.

http://tny.cz/f375eadb

First, you have 3 ModuleManagers, keep only the last one: ModuleManager.2.5.1.dll delete all others.

Second, try to verify integrity of game cache in steam.

The last error seem to be with the resources, you can verify mods which add resources, I don't know if this can be CommunityResourcePack but if I were you I would looked on the mods like this one.

You can verify if one of your mods are outdated (I think mechjeb is outdated, the log say "MechJeb2 v2.3.0.0" ). To update a mod, this is better to delete it directly from GameData and after to put the files that you have downloaded in GameData.

You can verify the installation of FAR and KerbalWeatherSystems, I think you haven't put the good directory. When you download a mod and on the compressed file you see a directory "GameData" in it, this means you need to put all files on the directory "GameData" of the compressed file in the directory "GameData" from your KSP installation. Don't forgot to read the README file to learn how to install each mod.

It seem that you have a bug with DMagic Orbital Science because you haven't Universal Storage, but I think this is not a problem.

Edited by Malah

Another problem.

Whenever I try to exit the VAB, all the buttons except the exit button turn dark, and the exit button looks like it is activated. I can't interact with anything.

Log: http://tny.cz/fbba7d23

When I removed the offending folder, it did the same thing and gave me this.

Log 2: http://tny.cz/89535584

Edited by lordmuffin

I think that the luck is not with you :P

I can say nothing with this log, perhaps with the full log, I can see something, I don't know.

You can try to update or uninstall FShangarExtender or Kerbal Konstructs, but I really don't know if this can come from these mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.