[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Nice job with the ranger Ben, whats going on with Shyrq?

Ranger flies really poorly in 1.0, I think it needs better lift. Lander flies really well! Survives re-entry, I did it upside down, landed back perfectly.

Crap. When I left the colony I left both of my Landers on the ground (they were damaged).

The crew are in High Laythe Orbit, with one Ranger (Ranger-2, with no front RCS).

They have enough fuel to get home, but they might not have enough for Kerbin Orbit.

I was counting on letting the Paulina burn up on re-entry and letting the Ranger survive.

It needs to land though...

Now what?

I've seen the movie and these ships look very nice.

One (of several) gigantically huge plot black hole in the movie. The Ranger shuttles can lift themselves to orbit from a planet with considerably higher gravity than Earth, so WTH did it need to use a big booster rocket to launch from Earth?

For nerds/geeks/Sci-Fi fans of a certain age, naming a shuttle Ranger will always bring to mind

. ;)

One (of several) gigantically huge plot black hole in the movie. The Ranger shuttles can lift themselves to orbit from a planet with considerably higher gravity than Earth, so WTH did it need to use a big booster rocket to launch from Earth?

For nerds/geeks/Sci-Fi fans of a certain age, naming a shuttle Ranger will always bring to mind

. ;)

I am pretty sure they wanted to make it look "realistic" to our standards of atmospheric escape [rocket launches of today's world], the other thing could simply be to save fuel, both on the ranger and the station.

. ;)

They launched with 2 rangers on 1 rocket

Glad you guys like it!

. ;)

The escape velocity on the planets was lowered by the tidal forces of the black hole. They only needed to reach a certain altitude where the gravity of the black hole was larger than that of the planet and pulled them upwards. Same reason the waves were so large and the Endurance's orbit was so unstable it took almost no force to de orbit it and very little to go from suborbital to an escape. The black hole gave them a massive boost.

Hi all!

I watched Interstellar again (7th time) and I kept watching the Mann's colony scene. The amount of boxes there are pretty impressive. Is it possible that we could get more KAS boxes of many different sizes? I think it would add a cool feel to colonies.

I'm also still not sure what to do with my CSV.

Anyway, DMSP out.

Oh wow! That's awesome!

Oh gosh this is empty...

Will the mod be updated? The Ranger isn't doing very well...

It shall!

I have just finished my 12 hour art exam so tonight I am upgrading to 1.0 and finding out what still works and what doesn't. Hopefully I can get the new Ranger done this weekend, or at least fix the old one!

It shall!

I have just finished my 12 hour art exam so tonight I am upgrading to 1.0 and finding out what still works and what doesn't. Hopefully I can get the new Ranger done this weekend, or at least fix the old one!

Alright, thanks!

Nice job with the art exam!

I love art!

DMSP

Update is up on Kerbal Stuff! As far as I know KAS doesn't work with 1.0. So that part of base building doesn't work :/

New Ranger is in. I'll need to change around the adapters on the Endurance to make it fit properly but it's functionally OK right now. Flies pretty well too. You have to assign the landing gear to the Gear command in the Action Groups menu if you build it from scratch (but it's only 3 parts now anyway)

RutjLgZ.png

You'll need to update RasterPropMonitor too.

Have fun!

The new ranger doesn't seem to be working very well for me... It's impossible to pitch up while flying in atmosphere unless the VTOL engine is turned on to at least half throttle, even with SAS and RCS. Am I the only one with this issue? just updated to 1.0.2. Love the mod, I made a forum account just to ask this question haha.

Good job benjee! Ranger flies really well!

http://i.imgur.com/MUNOJLx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JKPQ2rq.jpg

ranger wants to sink in the water for some reason...too heavy?

made a new sig

http://i.imgur.com/2FE4Dt5.png

mods used?

- - - Updated - - -

Good job benjee! Ranger flies really well!

http://i.imgur.com/MUNOJLx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JKPQ2rq.jpg

ranger wants to sink in the water for some reason...too heavy?

made a new sig

http://i.imgur.com/2FE4Dt5.png

mods used?

- - - Updated - - -

The ranger flies poorly. Please fix this. (DAMN YOU SQUAD!!!!)

mods used?

- - - Updated - - -

mods used?

- - - Updated - - -

The ranger flies poorly. Please fix this. (DAMN YOU SQUAD!!!!)

Um... It would always fly poorly at low speeds. It would only be stable at VERY high mach numbers- as in re-entry and ascent speeds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.