[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

I'm woring on a cfg that will make this mod fit to RSS

but for a rookie like me,bugs and bugs and bugs are driving me crazy Orz.

This cfg also do some "balance" to this mod,and add life support resource to every pod---God Im almost done it and u tell me u gonna update and this update will include all the works I have done?!Am I suppose to laugh or cry?

Anyway,thx for make such a wonderful mod,and good luck to your exam(Am I getting it right? you gonna have an exam right?).

Endurance in RSS will be cool! I might finally make it to orbit with more than a couple of kilograms of payload then XD

Yeah I have exams at the moment. Two down, five to go, then in two weeks time I will be free from them forever and get to work on this again and start my film degree next year :D

I seem to always get an error at the top of the screen, saying that there's a problem with Prop Monitor. The actual IVA monitors are broken as well. Is this a problem with this mod, or Raster itself?

Thanks I will look into it! Could be that RPM has updated since I made the RPM IVA set ups.

Ok, so I REALLY like this mod. Though I can't do much with it. Here's the deal: the Ranger and the Lander just won't dock with the Endurance. I've tried new docking ports, disabling SAS, Mechjeb. I even started a new game, but no luck so far. I can dock without the magnets just fine, but it just won't connect... It's really frustrating :mad:

[PROOF]

7eahe0

7eaj1m

Also I've been having problems with the Raster Prop Monitor. Every time I launch either the Ranger or the Lander a message pop-ups: "raster prop monitor initialization error configuration". This does not happen with other stock crafts.

Well, you're putting a docking port on the ranger. It has an integrated docking port. No excess docking ports needed. That round piece between the engine mounts where you put the docking on IS the docking port.

Ok, so I REALLY like this mod. Though I can't do much with it. Here's the deal: the Ranger and the Lander just won't dock with the Endurance. I've tried new docking ports, disabling SAS, Mechjeb. I even started a new game, but no luck so far. I can dock without the magnets just fine, but it just won't connect... It's really frustrating :mad:

[PROOF]

http://prntscr.com/7eahe0

http://prntscr.com/7eaj1m

Also I've been having problems with the Raster Prop Monitor. Every time I launch either the Ranger or the Lander a message pop-ups: "raster prop monitor initialization error configuration". This does not happen with other stock crafts.

That's something of a known issue - the Ranger's built in port doesn't work and can mess up other docking ports placed over it. Not sure why the Lander wouldn't dock. I shall investigate. The RPM bug is also on the priority list for fixing!

Congrats on your first post by the way!

Congrats on your first post by the way!

Thanks! I've had this account for years, but never really posted anything.

If I could make a request for the mod would be to adjust the RCS throtle. It's very annoying when translating the craft. Movement from side to side makes the nose of the Ranger move faster than the fuselage, for example. Keep up the good work, this mod is AWESOME!!!. *anxiously waiting for new version*

I think that's caused by the angles of the RCS ports. You can try editing the thrust amount in the config file to a lower number and see if that helps but I think it would only lessen the issue and not fix it completely.

Endurance in RSS will be cool! I might finally make it to orbit with more than a couple of kilograms of payload then XD

I have finished this cfg and I erase all the codes which will balance this mod.

Now it's working perfectly in RSS,but maybe I give all the part too much dv and too much life support resources,maybe a few adjustments will make it better.

Here is the download link http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnBA7gz

Sorry this is a Chinese website , u can just click "下载“ and u can download it .(Our government blocked us from foreign website and I can't upload it to github,mediafire,etc.Orz)

This is the first cfg I have ever write,hope it can help u

Also, my terminal exam, T-20days , and I got 9 subjests ,OMG ……

oh, I also add the codes from the stock lab to the deployablelab,make it more like a lab XD

ops there's a little problem at the ranger engine,it can't switch mode.

Edited by mark7

OMG

Is there anyone who have the same bug like mine?

the ranger‘s two engine just won’t start,here‘s the image9a3179e11a0ea608637de5c2e86be162?fid=2754561427-250528-610948088666704&time=1433761200&sign=FDTAER-DCb740ccc5511e5e8fedcff06b081203-f1nbrxdyHiMwSurEZGBmJJ9aZtc%3D&rt=sh&expires=2h&r=760519313&sharesign=unknown&size=c710_u500&quality=100390b0b00cd847d90e564c0db02779cc0?fid=2754561427-250528-215579735841615&time=1433761200&sign=FDTAER-DCb740ccc5511e5e8fedcff06b081203-1N91Kc6IEv4Qh9MvgYae2aASnNc%3D&rt=sh&expires=2h&r=318505449&sharesign=unknown&size=c710_u500&quality=100

before docking to the Endurance,they are fine,but once I dock it and undock it,the two engines won't start

Edited by mark7

Uh, that's not a bug. When you're docked, use the Endurance's engines. If you used the ranger engines, bad things could happen.

NO no no. This happen when I undock the Ranger from Endurance.

So I was playing with your mod (the most recent release) on Career Mode, and I couldn't unlock the Ranger engines... I went to the .cfg file and found that it said "TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamic" Well, the tech is called "Experimental Aerodynamics," so I added the "s" and made it "TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamics" in the .cfg file, and, sure enough, it he engine was there on next load.

Anyway, I don't know if people already pointed this out, or if it's a bug or a problem specific to my copy, but I just thought I should make people aware!

Cheers!

So I was playing with your mod (the most recent release) on Career Mode, and I couldn't unlock the Ranger engines... I went to the .cfg file and found that it said "TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamic" Well, the tech is called "Experimental Aerodynamics," so I added the "s" and made it "TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamics" in the .cfg file, and, sure enough, it he engine was there on next load.

Anyway, I don't know if people already pointed this out, or if it's a bug or a problem specific to my copy, but I just thought I should make people aware!

Cheers!

Thanks, yes, I am aware of this bug! It will be fixed next version. Welcome to the forums as well!

Are you in space or on the ground when it happens? If in space then it could be that the engines are still in air-breathing mode so not working. You can right click the engines to switch their modes to closed-cycle which is designed for flight in space.

Sometimes I have to hit [ or ] to switch to the other ship... My game seems to default to the larger ship or the one "undocked" from.

The mod appearance on the picture is AMAZING. I have downloaded the Kerbal Inventory System and Raster Prop Monitor as required. But strangely it does not appear on my items hotbar in the VAB and SPH when I load the game, could you please tell me what this problem is and how it can be fixed?

The mod appearance on the picture is AMAZING. I have downloaded the Kerbal Inventory System and Raster Prop Monitor as required. But strangely it does not appear on my items hotbar in the VAB and SPH when I load the game, could you please tell me what this problem is and how it can be fixed?

Welcome to the forum! The most common cause of this bug is using an outdated version of KSP or having the mod installed wrong. The mod only supports KSP 1.0+ and should be unzipped and the 'Endurance' folder put inside the GameData directory.

I think it's time you started work on the Hermes from The Martian. We have a pretty good idea what it's gonna look like now. Get to it? ;)

I'll finish off Endurance first XD TBH Hermes looks like it could be replicated pretty easily without many bespoke parts. Beale is working on fixing an ISS-style solar array I made a while back (before I started this) and never released because it was bugged so that it would randomly create loads of torque and then destroy the universe/propel the craft at several times the speed of light after being deployed :D So hopefully that should be part of Tantares soon. The only parts really missing are the centrifuge and the command module. Maybe I'll make some ISS-style parts in the future though as a little mini-pack, just to get that aesthetic.

But that's all in the long term. First priority is my exams at the moment, then comes finishing Endurance, then whatever I choose next!

I'm back.

Thanks for your reply, but i have the most recent updated version of KSP (version 1.0.2). The file has been upzipped successfully and transfered into my Game Data folder, but it still refuses to show up on the items hotbar in the VAB and SPH. This mod is IMPOSSIBLE TO RESIST that I desperately need advice on how to fix it!

Thanks

Aluminum Oxide

I'm back.

Thanks for your reply, but i have the most recent updated version of KSP (version 1.0.2). The file has been upzipped successfully and transfered into my Game Data folder, but it still refuses to show up on the items hotbar in the VAB and SPH. This mod is IMPOSSIBLE TO RESIST that I desperately need advice on how to fix it!

Thanks

Aluminum Oxide

look in primary folder...find Endurance folder...place in Game data... place ships folder in Game data...merge folders... enjoy badass mod

look in primary folder...find Endurance folder...place in Game data... place ships folder in Game data...merge folders... enjoy badass mod

Thanks so much, finally got this OUTSTANDING mod to work and appear on my items hotbar. To date, this is the best mod that i've installed so far!

Aluminum Oxide

I made a replica of the Hermes from The Martian using a few of your parts. It came out pretty good for a first try. Needs some more parts and some need to be adjusted, but I am happy with it.

d8KaPIL.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.