[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Hi, so I have installed only the absolute required mods listed in the installation guidelines without Realism Overhaul 7.0.2, then launched the game for test. Everything works fine.

Then I add Realism Overhaul 7.0.2 and when I try to build a basic rocket, decouplers are not linking any more, this is what is happening :

mini_183519Sanstitre.png

Nothing is wrong, this is intended. You are supposed to use procedural interstages, see the wiki (links in the OP) for instructions. BTW, installing only the absolute required mods is a very bad idea if you want to enjoy playing this game.

Sure, I can understand that. But in case of the procedural fairings and procedural parts, they can even save you memory in practice, since they make other fairings and fuel tanks pretty much redundant, and thus allow you to delete the fairings and tanks included in other mods.

Yea, true. I managed to get used to this procedural interstage fairing pretty fast, and I love it! I will also delete the unused parts to save memory. Thank you for the tips :)

Edited by Pro7ech

Anyone know how to get the Kerbal Engineer menu back up? For some reason it wont come back up anymore even though it should be attached on all pods, right? It also doesn't come up with the KER part.

8G5omKW.jpg

Anyone know how to get the Kerbal Engineer menu back up? For some reason it wont come back up anymore even though it should be attached on all pods, right? It also doesn't come up with the KER part.

http://i.imgur.com/8G5omKW.jpg

There's a KER button on the top-right in the stock toolbar. press that. It will show a small menu from where you can edit the pages and show the control toolbar(to hide/show the different pages, the one you usually had).

Yup, tried that, it is already highlighted in the picture, should've pointed that out. Pressing both the toolbar and stock toolbar buttons, nothing pops up.

Then I have no solid ideas. All I can think of is that you have a control part that somehow/for some reason doesn't have the KER module OR it's a bug and restarting might help. Never had this happen recently. I do remember I had this bug much earlier(like a year ago) where it would sometimes disappear but that was probably fixed eventually.

Poking around at the KER issue, it looks like there are two different versions of KER possible to install.

Each version uses a different module that attaches it to parts. For 0.6 and prior, the following configuration is used:

MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}

For 1.0+ the following configuration is used:

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineerModule
}

Currently, RealismOverhaul adds the modules for 0.6 and earlier. I'll do some testing and update that so it points to 1.0 and later. I expect this will not function with 0.6 and earlier. If you're using 1.0 and later with realism overhaul (This is what CKAN currently installs) You'll want to replace lines 48->54 in RealismOverhaul_Global_Config.cfg with the text listed above.

I did not know that. I haven't had problems yet as v1.0> adds it as standard without needing a module(I think). Good idea as 0.6 is not "compatible" with RO and real Fuels as far as I know, in terms of thrust calculations and so on in atmosphere. If/when you do you might want to add to the manual install option that it needs v1.0>.

Tried updating the config, but it still doesn't show up... But it appears in the VAB just like it had before I edited the config file... It just doesn't show up in flight... so flight engineering is what isn't working.

*updating Engineer now*

Edited by JT2227

I see were you added te remote tech config file for rss to ckan. Shouldn't that be a dependancy?

Unfortunately, since RemoteTech isn't a dependency, and we can't specify conditional dependencies (If this installed, then RealismOverhaul depends on that) It's probably going to have to stay the way it is for the time being.

Looking for contributors:

RaiderNick has some excellent part packs for historical parts (See this page) It'll require a touch of research, but it'd be an awesome addition to Realism Overhaul if anyone would like to help out and make a few part configs.

It's not too hard, and you can get help nearly 24/7 on the Realism Overhaul IRC channel (See the OP for more info). Let me know if you'd like to help make some of these parts into their real versions!

Looking for contributors:

RaiderNick has some excellent part packs for historical parts (See this page) It'll require a touch of research, but it'd be an awesome addition to Realism Overhaul if anyone would like to help out and make a few part configs.

It's not too hard, and you can get help nearly 24/7 on the Realism Overhaul IRC channel (See the OP for more info). Let me know if you'd like to help make some of these parts into their real versions!

I would gladly help! Also I am working on an entire Delta series of launchers pack for KSP. Currently in the modeling phase! :D

Hello guys,

I want to say thank you very much for making this mod, I learn very interesting stuff from the game, this mod is a really useful!

For example, there's one time I tried to make a simple airplane in the game and this plane is so crazy! it keep skidding sideway on the runway when I speed up, then LOL... never I've thought in a million years that the back landing gear must be placed under COG. Super useful if I want to make airplane!

I also tried some new stuff, like... X-33 Venture Star. I tried to make a delta wing full of propellant tank (just like the X-33), with only the RAPIER jet engine... and this plane start to jingling while flying, so silly. Then I got a moment of 'Eureka'! I found out that its possible that the tank is unevenly empty and this plane is jingling because of some unknown mechanism.

This game (& mod) is soo intriguing! next time I'm going to try fix the jingling with fuel-pipe, maybe I will even found more mystery!

I think you guys are making something really useful to people. Maybe it will accelerate airplane know-how & technology. Who knows if some little kid is playing hardcore "Realism Overhaul" mod and will grow up knowing all the basic or airplane and ace thru airplane engineering school and help human race develop more advance airplane!

Hopefully this mod is accurate.

I would gladly help! Also I am working on an entire Delta series of launchers pack for KSP. Currently in the modeling phase! :D

Excellent! If you would, if it's not too late, could you make the engine models separate from the tank butt? (posting from my phone, or I'd provide examples)

I might finally be able to help as I've long said I would. Got about a month of free time after Friday until End of January(got some stuff inbetween) when university starts again. Will see if I can create some configs for a couple of things.

I have carefully gone over the FASA apollo cm config to try to find the cause of its reentry problems. based on some quick calculations I did the mass for the capsule itself seems about right but I am not sure if the top decoupler has been included or not in the mass. It is either that, or the center of mass is off. Or worse still its aerodynamics could be off.