Project Arctic Film- Be Part Of Something Great

Vagani

None needed. I was actually about to unsubscribe from this thread due to inactivity.

Maybe this thread should be locked before people start debating if this project has died or not.

Yeah I'm just rely hoping that the project comes back, it had so much potential :c

Guys the project hasn't died, im currently writing some of the scripts at the moment, however exam revision and school is getting in the way enormously, hopefully it will pick up in easter when i can apply most of my time :), Added Yokun0009 to the builders. Sorry about the inactivity :/

Guys the project hasn't died, im currently writing some of the scripts at the moment, however exam revision and school is getting in the way enormously, hopefully it will pick up in easter when i can apply most of my time :), Added Yokun0009 to the builders. Sorry about the inactivity :/

:D. just :D

• 1 month later...
we need some interplanetary ships, rovers and some good ssto's :)

Oh, count me in. My expertise is bases and Interplanetary spacecraft that rely completely on infinite fuel and look aesthetically pleasing. I go for looks.

Name: Ro- I mean, Chiken1880.

Job: Builder

Why: It was a choice between scriptwriter and builder. I chose builder, because, it is my favorite thing to do in KSP, and I want to see some of my crafts in this movie. The script sounds amazing.

1qFzuDB.png<font color=#333333>

t9YlcFP.png

edBbguN.png[color=#333333]

edBbguN.png[color=#333333]

Uyjw8jx.png[color=#333333]

IweUY8i.png[color=#333333]

fCTJ3d6.png[color=#333333]

fqSAn17.png[color=#333333]

O5uAaP6.png[color=#333333]

04BLMf5.png[color=#333333]

JQwnXC8.png[color=#333333]

tLM1Dm3.png[color=#333333]

EDIT: Sorry, wait a bit, i'll try to get the images to work.

Oh, and see my signature.

Edited by Rolanvorxariat

well then lets start this thing, can't be bothered to revise for my exams so I'll start to write the script tonight and publish it whenever... Sorry I've been away I've been studying for my GCSE's, although I never do much revision, not much for it ;) Exams are in may/june, project is starting up again, company is also up and running again. Looks like a good year XD But on the serious side, I am now ready to give it everything

Vagani

Edit- Plus we can do a lot cooler stuff now due to the awesome new things in 1.0

Edited by Vagani

I just stumbled across this project and would love to be part of this project.

Job: editor

Past experience: I have composed many videos as projects for my local school. I have access to adobe premier. I see that you already have a lot of video editors, so if I could be one of the final editors that passes over the project to look for places to tweak and improve the film that would be awesome.

On another note, I think if someone could get in contact with the mod maker for improved camera controls, and see if you could get him to make a mod that allows you to control the camera via WASD, because that could make the pan shots really awesome.

EDIT: the best way to contact me is though email

EDIT: can I suggest that you edit the post that started this thread to include all of the decisions you have made in the past 300 posts? That will make it easier for many people (like me)

Edited by tuckjohn

Do we have a common form of communication that everyone can see and have access to, like a group email or something like that? I am figuring that at least half of the people that are "involved" in the project are not even available anymore. Also, If we had a group communication plan we would be able to actualy start writing the script.

Do we have a common form of communication that everyone can see and have access to, like a group email or something like that? I am figuring that at least half of the people that are "involved" in the project are not even available anymore. Also, If we had a group communication plan we would be able to actualy start writing the script.

We dont anymore, before we had the channel found on the main page, but that doesn't work anymore, so i guess we don't. The script like I said is on the google doc page, so people can go in and write things on it.

Vagani i have some bases i want to give to the project. Pics will come tomorrow as it's kinda late now

they are high part count (200-400) and i would wait for the welder mod to make them more viable

Vagani i have some bases i want to give to the project. Pics will come tomorrow as it's kinda late now

they are high part count (200-400) and i would wait for the welder mod to make them more viable

yeah thats fine, ive got a it exam on wednesday, so in my it lessons after that ill continue writing the script :)

This is what I've written so far for the next scene:

​Act 1: Scene 1:

(Fade in: Black Screen showing current time and date in lower left (25th May 2084) underneath is the location: Amundsen Excavation Site.) Black screen lightens revealing large base camp around the structure, light clouds float past the screen giving a sense of the weather. Cars and Tents (Orange/White, may need custom texture?) litter the area.

Loud whirring noise for a matter of seconds, then a high tech Heliplane whooshes past the camera, shaking it as it passes. As it passes we need a loud booming noise to represent the power of the craft. Heliplane heads towards the site.

Camera is focussed on cargo bay, Kerbal line the wall, similar to a Chinook, this is how we’ll meet our characters:

Dr. Thompmore- Our reports show that the site has become more active over the past 300 Years, which puts it in the same time zone as when Amundsen and Falcon disappeared.

Prof. Adams- Are you saying that they may have had played a part in this?

Dr. Thompmore- It’s a suggestion yes, the predictions from the data we’ve collected show a rising electromagnetic force coming from the centre of the tower [Holographic projection shows the structure with a red orb showing the source of the power]

Sergeant Coulton- Do we know what’s causing this surge, and is it a threat to Capcom? The priority of this mission is to make sure that it doesn’t present a danger to Capcom and its assets.

Dr. Thompmore- I’m afraid we don’t know that much about its purpose, everything we’ve tried gets negative results or no results at all. The only thing left is to try and dig into it, our technology has so far failed to gain access.

[intercom opens with a crackle: Coming in to land, please brace and make sure all equipment is secured]

Camera switches to inside the cockpit of the Heliplane as it lands, air is covered in kicked up snow due to engines, and camera again shakes as it touches down. Sound of metal meeting metal as legs touch down.

Engines power down and cargo doors open. Dr’s, Prof’s and Military personnel exit the vehicle in a marching fashion. They mount a series of arctic based ground vehicles and head off towards the main base. Production titles begin: Producer: Vagani Director: CG_Kerbin, etc. etc. etc… As titles continue we see the cars traveling through the base, the different operations are seen etc., Kerbals walking around, drilling devices.

Main title appears as they arrive at the central command tent, transformer like title, incorporating the towers texture. Personnel dismount the vehicles and enter the tent. General Kaye is standing around a large round blue table with a hologram of the tower in the centre and red structures at the base representing the drills

General Kaye- Ah Doctor, have we got any more information?

Dr. Thompmore- No, we haven’t learned any more about the structure, progress is slowing, I’m hoping today's events will get us some more information.

Valentina- The drills are ready Doctor, power levels are at maximum and are ready to initiate

Dr. Thompmore- Initiate drilling protocol one!!!!

[intercom opens: Drilling beginning in 10 seconds, all power cells at full capacity. 9… 8… 7… Drills spinning at maximum rpm 5... 4… 3… 2… Hydraulics Extending 1… Drilling commencing]

General Kaye- (Calmly) System Report

Valentina-(surprised at results) Drill heads at 50 Celcius… 2000 RPM… SIR THEY’RE PENETRATING THE SURFACE!!!!

Dr. Thompmore- What’s their current depth?

Sharton- 100mm So far, the material seems to be weakening though, the drills are entering quicker into the surface…. 500mm… Seven Hun…

Valentina- (Interrupting Sharton, Shouting) SIR PRESSURE IS DROPPING, TEMPERATURE DECREASING AND THE TOWERS ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD IS INCREASING DRASTICALLY

That is really good! To do some of those vfx, you'll probably need mods and post-processing.

*points at self*

I could do that hologram bit in Blender.

Edit: oh, are we going to need custom mods for this? I could make the tower.

Edited by Starwhip

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.