Project Arctic Film- Be Part Of Something Great

Vagani

Ok, so I would like to say that YES I am just a Video Editor, BUT, I do have a hobby that I have not been able to exercise for a very long time, and this has given me the opportunity TO exercise my hobby. Enjoy:

http://cakefan.wix.com/projectarctic

PS: Still under development

Edit: Now it is optimized for mobile users!

Edited by Aquaman1125

I added bass to SolarLiners EARLY WIP build of the intro music. Here it is: Amundsen's theme [WIP bass boost and reverb] Link apparently broken?

SolarLiner if you want me to take this down ask and I can. Everyone note that this is extremely early in production quoting SolarLiner.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Oh my god all of these are epic, i think the Epic and Dramatic Trailer Music works the best, and thanks Aquaman for the website!!! I could kiss you all right now

:D I saw your post on the doc as well. It seems to be working well as a planner though we may need a second doc for some things? It's getting crowded (Or it could be organized better. Not sure yet). But yeah everything's going along well so far :). I always find that after a few weeks a number of people in collaborative builds get bored and leave (Or just stop posting anything). I'm not sure if this will be happening in this project, but let it be known I'm happy to keep the doc running for the whole time. Provided this doesn't take like 2 years :P.

As to the music, SolarLiner is actually making the intro music from scratch! I had the fun job of adding a deep bass to it, but my link doesn't seem to be working. I'll try and get another one working in a sec.

THIS link should work *cough*.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

:D I saw your post on the doc as well. It seems to be working well as a planner though we may need a second doc for some things? It's getting crowded (Or it could be organized better. Not sure yet). But yeah everything's going along well so far :). I always find that after a few weeks a number of people in collaborative builds get bored and leave (Or just stop posting anything). I'm not sure if this will be happening in this project, but let it be known I'm happy to keep the doc running for the whole time. Provided this doesn't take like 2 years :P.

As to the music, SolarLiner is actually making the intro music from scratch! I had the fun job of adding a deep bass to it, but my link doesn't seem to be working. I'll try and get another one working in a sec.

Yes i have that link, its great isnt it

Nice impact sounds ! But this is not the intro, way to light-hearted for that :P This is an early preview (well without the impacts it was my version ^^) of the Admunsen's Theme, which could also become the main theme of the project.

I'm thinking about making the Development page on the website sort of like a development history and quicklinks? idk

http://cakefan.wix.com/projectarctic#!development/c1c2mw

The quick links idea is so that people don't have to comb the whole forum page to find what there looking for.

EDIT: I also put everyone's names in the credits in alphabetical order

EDIT_2: Working on the FAQ

EDIT_3: Made mobile website look nicer, Optimized mobile website further, Added preloader to mobile website, Fixed spelling in plot overview, Added "Back to Top" button for mobile website. and yeah that's about it! off to bed!

Edited by Aquaman1125

I'm thinking about making the Development page on the website sort of like a development history and quicklinks? idk

The quick links idea is so that people don't have to comb the whole forum page to find what there looking for.

EDIT: I also put everyone's names in the credits in alphabetical order

EDIT_2: Working on the FAQ

EDIT_3: Made mobile website look nicer, Optimized mobile website further, Added preloader to mobile website, Fixed spelling in plot overview, Added "Back to Top" button for mobile website. and yeah that's about it! off to bed!

Wow, thats good, once again, thanks for the website Aqua

Well, briefly back from the silence ( Christmas time is a time of a lot of work to me ... I still have to record two events to work until Sunday :/ ).

Anyway, I read the google doc and while the work is going smoothly enough for a full volunteer work, I think that there is need for more subdivision of work. Namely I think that a subdivision of the film script rough draft into acts ( say, Prologue ( the 1784 expedition ), Act I ( the modern discovery of the structure ), Act II ( the arctic science station ), ... you get the idea ) in the document ( with slots for sound effects, script, dialogue, sets ... ) would help in the organization of the project, since there is no need for everyone to focus at the same time in the same scene and even less need to do the work sequentially ( especially because surely there will be scenes that need much more work than others )

If everyone agrees ( and if i find the time to do so until the end of this year ), I can format the current document in that way ....

P.S. Nice work with the side, Aquaman ;)

Np! I love making websites.

Btw I was looking at the last time you held a meeting, and due to the time zone difference it was at 1 o,clock in the morning for me...

That means you must on the east coast (It was 3:00 AM here in Washington state) :D.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hmmm, Wix isn't the best way to create a website. It still heavily relies on Flash instead of HTML5 (but that might have changed recently ,I might look at the source again) ,and its editor is kinda ... fuzzy for me to use.

I'd prefer a simpler, but man made HTML5/Reactive/Bootstrap website than use Wix.

Also a landing page like this one I made for Space Engine would be a quick and easy way to get people hyped for the project.

But, it's your idea, you made it, and it looks nice (don't get me wrong ;) ), so you have the priority over this. :)

EDIT: Comic Sans MS? Are you kidding me? :D

I don't know if this will help, but for anyone who is wondering, THIS is how a real script is written c:

script dialog starts on page 5

And I'm in Alaska

This is for when we'll have a clear idea of what to do ^^

For now this is random thoughts put on paper while other people add more thought while other people think of even more thoughts :D

But yeah, thanks for the link, interesting read and good example to follow.

Edited by SolarLiner

Hmmm, Wix isn't the best way to create a website. It still heavily relies on Flash instead of HTML5 (but that might have changed recently ,I might look at the source again) ,and its editor is kinda ... fuzzy for me to use.

I'd prefer a simpler, but man made HTML5/Reactive/Bootstrap website than use Wix.

Also a landing page like this one I made for Space Engine would be a quick and easy way to get people hyped for the project.

But, it's your idea, you made it, and it looks nice (don't get me wrong ;) ), so you have the priority over this. :)

EDIT: Comic Sans MS? Are you kidding me? :D

This is for when we'll have a clear idea of what to do ^^

For now this is random thoughts put on paper while other people add more thought while other people think of even more thoughts :D

But yeah, thanks for the link, interesting read and good example to follow.

OK so, I have used wix for 4 years now and have become very familiar with the editor.

Wix used to be a mix of flash and html, as of last year its now ether HTML5 or FLASH I always go for HTML5.

As for the landing page I was wondering if I should do that or not, was going ask someone now I have my answer.

And comic sans ms... um... uhh... I can explain! uuuumm... ok ok ill change it.

So thats over with, now, I have tried over 100 website developing software and it was all "Trial" this and "Time Period" that I even tried weebly till they deleted my account for no reason, Blue Voda, Moonfruit, Webs, the list just goes on! than I found Wix (Insert cheesy love song here) with no trial end date, multiple websites, no pop up ads everywhere, and if I did wanna pay for a website it wasn't $50 a month just for your own domain! Sorry, but wix has won my vote.

Still I'm glad there are critics out there, just gives more ideas to work off of!:D

oh btw I like the bit.ly link you did made for a much smaller link

Edited by Aquaman1125

From what I can see and what has worked for me in the past, we'll be consolidating the rough ideas and the hard plot line in the google doc as time continues. Sort of like a game of Tetris. You take the momentary ideas and connect them with the already laid plans to eliminate both from the equation :D.

From what I can see and what has worked for me in the past, we'll be consolidating the rough ideas and the hard plot line in the google doc as time continues. Sort of like a game of Tetris. You take the momentary ideas and connect them with the already laid plans to eliminate both from the equation :D.

We will be having a writing session after xmas, with a date confirmed when we find out whats the best time for most of the writers, but that is the general gist, yes.

OK so, I have used wix for 4 years now and have become very familiar with the editor.

Wix used to be a mix of flash and html, as of last year its now ether HTML5 or FLASH I always go for HTML5.

As for the landing page I was wondering if I should do that or not, was going ask someone now I have my answer.

And comic sans ms... um... uhh... I can explain! uuuumm... ok ok ill change it.

So thats over with, now, I have tried over 100 website developing software and it was all "Trial" this and "Time Period" that I even tried weebly till they deleted my account for no reason, Blue Voda, Moonfruit, Webs, the list just goes on! than I found Wix (Insert cheesy love song here) with no trial end date, multiple websites, no pop up ads everywhere, and if I did wanna pay for a website it wasn't $50 a month just for your own domain! Sorry, but wix has won my vote.

Still I'm glad there are critics out there, just gives more ideas to work off of!:D

oh btw I like the bit.ly link you did made for a much smaller link

Well I code my websites manually (well, using an IDE, but that's like coding after all, only in HTML/JS (jQuery)/PHP/CSS instead of C, C++ C# or whatever else), so all I need is a storage space (with PHP capabilities if needed) online and a web domain.

The best I can do for free is 000webhost.com, it hosted the kOS Repository, a test site/proof of concept of quick source code repo for the kOS IDE, (yet) another coding project that I left alone.

So I don't need no software, I just need some space ! :P This may be why I don't really like Wix/[insert Editor Here], because for simple websites hand coded work is always best (and brings up your ego, which is nice too :D ). But seeing it made its way to HTML5 is good (yep, sorry for the poor IE users !)

And yes, I bitly'd it because it's a public dropbox link, so it would have normally been very long. Also if you want to access the gallery, tell your browser to stop disabling unsecured content, because it does not run on a proper server it does not have the right certificates, so they stop JavaScript from altering too much the page (in this case: background image, page title; which are all used by the gallery to show images and names). If you tell them to still run the scripts you'll see the slideshow in all its beauty :)

If you allow me to, I can quickly craft something out of the ideas I had for such a website; I'm not trying to compete with you, I'm just pulling off ideas ;)

As of the landing page, if you want me to, same I can do it :)

Well I code my websites manually (well, using an IDE, but that's like coding after all, only in HTML/JS (jQuery)/PHP/CSS instead of C, C++ C# or whatever else), so all I need is a storage space (with PHP capabilities if needed) online and a web domain.

The best I can do for free is 000webhost.com, it hosted the kOS Repository, a test site/proof of concept of quick source code repo for the kOS IDE, (yet) another coding project that I left alone.

So I don't need no software, I just need some space ! :P This may be why I don't really like Wix/[insert Editor Here], because for simple websites hand coded work is always best (and brings up your ego, which is nice too :D ). But seeing it made its way to HTML5 is good (yep, sorry for the poor IE users !)

And yes, I bitly'd it because it's a public dropbox link, so it would have normally been very long. Also if you want to access the gallery, tell your browser to stop disabling unsecured content, because it does not run on a proper server it does not have the right certificates, so they stop JavaScript from altering too much the page (in this case: background image, page title; which are all used by the gallery to show images and names). If you tell them to still run the scripts you'll see the slideshow in all its beauty :)

If you allow me to, I can quickly craft something out of the ideas I had for such a website; I'm not trying to compete with you, I'm just pulling off ideas ;)

As of the landing page, if you want me to, same I can do it :)

Go ahead and craft something, like I said, I love having more ideas to work off of.

As for the Splash Screen or Landing Page, I just finished it sort of: http://cakefan.wix.com/projectarctic

And for hand coding... I have made a few advanced batch games? you know, with inventory and crafting and stuff... but that's all I know, .bat...

Also Wix has a mobile editor, so that's another thing. But yeah! I would love some input, some ideas, yada yada yada.:D

Hey guys.

I know I'm not in on the music stuff, but I found this song which I think could work well for the credits. I picture the names scrolling down the screen with shots of Kerbin/Duna in the background.

Kind of gives me these spacey vibes. All we have to do is mention his name in the credits and we are good to use it. Quote:â–º Want to use my music in your video?

Copy the ''Follow Ahrix'' part to your video description and you can use my songs.

Here is the link:

I don't know let me know what you think.

Hey guys. I know I'm not in on the music stuff, but I found this song which I think could work well for the credits. I picture the names scrolling down the screen with shots of Kerbin/Duna in the background.Kind of gives me these spacey vibes. All we have to do is mention his name in the credits and we are good to use it. Quote:â–º Want to use my music in your video?Copy the ''Follow Ahrix'' part to your video description and you can use my songs. Here is the link:
I don't know let me know what you think.
Something along the lines of this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr0w2NorFeg&feature=youtu.be

Hey Vagani are you keeping tabs on the google doc? There's a list of "major" and "minor" characters accumulating. Did you write that, or are people jumping their boundaries? Also I thought Amundsen was a main character?

^ Top bit is more or less irrelevant. I miss-read the doc comments/notations XD. Regarding Amundsen and Falcon Kerman, here's what I think should happen with them:

After the intro and discovery of the "Alien structure", Amundsen Kerman now as a 60-70 year old heads the interplanetary mission possibly along with his son who accompanies him.

Falcon Kerman decides to stay on Kerbin and let Amundsen's son go in his stead. He wants Amundsen's son to have an "Adventure" and young age and all that.

That's all I have regarding characters at this point.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.