Lag at (relatively) low part counts (64 parts)

Hello KSP Forum,

I was just wondering if its normal to encounter part count lag at 64 parts? I am usually a very clean builder who minimizes part count to the best of my ability, and most of my crafts in space range between 20-30 parts at most. But then I decided to build this OKS mobile colony ship:

97bWkIB.png

With only 64 parts, which is low compared to many of the creations posted around here, and yet took my frame rate to a low 13-15. I also have a base on the Mun with a similar part count but with no lag issue (50-60 fps) at all. Graphics are turned down to minimum as well, so I do think it is due to the part count.

Specs:

Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.4GHz

Nvidia GTX 770M

8 GB RAM

Mods installed:

Deadly Reentry

Final Frontier

Fine Print

Hangar

KAS

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Construction Time

Inferno Robotics

MechJeb 2

Mission Controller Extended

Procedural Fairings

Remote Tech 2

Sane Strategies

Select Root

TAC Life Support

Kerbonite + (including Karbonite)

MKS/OKS

USI Exploration Pack

Is this normal? This computer isn't the most beastly out there, but the specs on it aren't exactly bad either. Also, a base with similar part count had no problems, which is also weird. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Or am I just out of processing power and have to wait either for multi threading to finally get here (or get a better computer)?

Thanks in advance!

SgtMook

Try using the debug console (alt-f12) to check if anything is spamming the log file while the lag is occurring. If you can't find an obvious culprit, then come back and post your log files to see if someone can figure it out. You shouldn't be seeing this much lag with 64 parts unless something is wrong with your KSP install such as an out of date or conflicting mod, or something on your machine is interfering.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.