The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

I'm having an issue. I made up a meta list by installing the mods I want to play with and shared it to a friend when he tried to install from .ckan it gave him the following error "Module CustomAsteroids-Pops required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSPError!"

New (and simple) user here: several mods include pre-packaged plugins (Firespitter being the current issue) and CKAN refuses to install them together. Is there a workaround for this? I'm sorry if I missed an explanation somewhere but it's been a hectic day and I'm ready to sit down and play with rockets.

What mods are not playing nice with Firespitter? Assuming it's KAX please see https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/1217

My part mod is updated for 1.0.2 on KerbalStuff, but not showing in CKAN against a 1.0.2 install. It worked for 0.90 (and still does if I select a 0.90 install).

I think I set up my netkan entry to auto-update from KerbalStuff, but I'm a huge noob. Can somebody lend a hand and help me determine where I went wrong?

This is very weird, I checked out the .netkan and see nothing wrong with it. I'll see if I can give it a nudge this weekend.

EDIT: Fixed by mgsdk :)

I'm having an issue. I made up a meta list by installing the mods I want to play with and shared it to a friend when he tried to install from .ckan it gave him the following error "Module CustomAsteroids-Pops required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSPError!"

Have your friend refreshed his client and/or ran 'ckan update'? Does it work through command line using 'ckan install -c path/to/.ckan/file'

Edited by Dazpoet

CKAN v1.6.16 aka Callisto released

Changes since last version:

• [Cmdline] Y/N questions now default to 'Y' if enter is pressed (mgsdk)
  • [GUI] Previously installed mods which have no release for the current KSP version are more likely to be displayed (RichardLake)
  • [GUI] The GUI will provide more information about start-up processes when running in debug mode (RichardLake)
  • [GUI] Spacebar handling to toggle mods has fewer bugs (RichardLake)
  • [Everything] Fixed a bug so that if only one KSP instance is detected, it will be used by default, as was always intended (mgsdk)

Sure do

GUIConfig.xml http://pastebin.com/CVmrAdKc (even changing CheckForUpdatesOnLaunch to False will only delay the problem a few seconds)

registry.json https://www.dropbox.com/s/6diwotqur0zciw0/registry.json?dl=0 (warning, large file, 7.5 MiB. Over the limit for pastebin. It's long)

Thanks for everything!

I am unable to get CKAN to crash with your values, so something else is going on. Could you try with the latest version just released, and if that fails, tell me if CKAN is in the same folder as KSP?

I am unable to get CKAN to crash with your values, so something else is going on. Could you try with the latest version just released, and if that fails, tell me if CKAN is in the same folder as KSP?

Sadly the update did not cut it. CKAN is indeed in the same folder as KSP, even tried moving it around a bit and it still returns the same error

Sadly the update did not cut it. CKAN is indeed in the same folder as KSP, even tried moving it around a bit and it still returns the same error

Even though I don't believe it has any relevance for this issue, could you upload the Mono registry, stored in ~/.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software/ckan/valuex.xml, somewhere. And in case I missed it somewhere, the output of "mono -V" would also be appreciated.

CKAN never installed ModuleManager's DLL when I installed CollisionFX. Not sure if this is a bug with CKAN itself or CollisionFX never listed it properly as a dependency, but I thought I would put it here that this happened.

CKAN never installed ModuleManager's DLL when I installed CollisionFX. Not sure if this is a bug with CKAN itself or CollisionFX never listed it properly as a dependency, but I thought I would put it here that this happened.

It wasn't listed as a dependency. I submitted a pull request to fix it.

Any chance we could add a "favorites" or "following" column to CKAN? This way I could filter the list to just my favorite mods, whether or not they are intalled. This would be useful when one of my mods isn't compatible with the newest version of KSP, but I want to remember to load it once it is. Just a thought. Cheers!

I would love for this to be made possible as well. At the moment I am using a screenshot of my preferred mods list from CKAN. :cool:

I just wanted to give mega kudos to whoever made this. I've not been playing ksp for a while simply because getting updating and installing the mods I like was a daunting task. This makes it easy and I've started playing I so again.

Dunno if this is the best mod at all. I've nothing but problems with it. Isn't it supposed to find the latest mods, it doesn't. Also i keep it up to date yet it crashes all the time. I'm on Linux and have all the recommended sundry programs installed yet it is not a satisfactory experience at all.

Is there an alternative to CKAN? I know I'm moaning but I'm happy to provide any further information you need but right now it is too frustrating to bother with.

Has anyone had any issues installing HyperEdit via CKAN? I try to install it, but I get the following error:

JYN7kvu.png

URL it's trying to download from is http://www.kerbaltek.com/_downloads/hyperedit/HyperEdit-1.4_for-KSP-1.0.zip - which looks like it returns "DOWNLOADER: Invalid resource." at the minute. It looks like CKAN needs to be coded to handle these cases, and return a friendly error without crashing.

Full error text in the following PasteBin: http://pastebin.com/nmKcS3Wz

Not sure what I have to do to get updates for mods.

I made a list of the mods I wanted before using CKAN and this one mod I know has been updated to 1.1.3 but CKAN is telling me the latest is 1.1.2

I tried "Refresh" & "Mark all updated" but it still says 1.1.2 is the most recent

Will this screw the game up if I added the mod myself and not through CKAN?

SFG5RQ5.jpg

Not sure what I have to do to get updates for mods.

I made a list of the mods I wanted before using CKAN and this one mod I know has been updated to 1.1.3 but CKAN is telling me the latest is 1.1.2

I tried "Refresh" & "Mark all updated" but it still says 1.1.2 is the most recent

Will this screw the game up if I added the mod myself and not through CKAN?

KIS is only distributed through Curse, unlike mods distributed through Kerbal Stuff or GitHub, it requires manual intervention with every update. I've made a pull request to update to version 1.1.4.

KSP API extension is updated for 1.0.2 - (used by many other mods), but still not showing up on CKAN repository.

The GitHub releases since 1.7.3 have just been the bare assembly file. CKAN requires distribution in a ZIP archive. I've raised an issue in the KSPAPIExtensions repository.

Please, someone with github account open issue there.

Why can't you do that yourself?

KIS and KAS have updated already but not on CKAN yet.

These mods require manual intervention to update, try to wait a reasonable amount of time (at least a day) for someone to get to it.

In any case, these mods were already updated in CKAN prior to your post.

is there a Mac version? if no, will there ever be a mac version?

the same file works on all platforms, including mac. :)

Check the wiki for platform specific instructions (you will need to make sure you have Mono installed)