[1.3] Pilot Assistant: Atmospheric piloting aids - 1.13.2 (May 28)

Crzyrndm

@Ikarim

Check that the selected number in the little menu was the one that was highlighted in green (NOTE: only visible if you have switched between loaded vessels). That is the control systems for the active vessel. You may have been controlling a different vessel.

Hi, unfortunately, I've met this same issue: since the last version (1.10.1.1), the plugin seems to work fine, it's just the icon (on stock toolbar) that keeps replicating itself each time we fly (I was using simulations from KCT). Maybe it's interesting to note that although it seems to be compatible with Blizzy's toolbar, it does not show its enabling option there.

Maybe it's related to Blizzy compatibility code, I dunno... Is there anything else I can do to help you nail it?

I'm also getting Exceptions-spam. (using the dll from the previous post, but it also occurs with the official release)

reproduction steps:

1. sandbox-game

2. enter SPH

3. load Aeris 3A

4. Click on flight

the spam starts immediately after entering flight scene

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,PilotAssistant.Presets.CraftPreset].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PilotAssistant.FlightModules.PilotAssistant.Initialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PilotAssistant.FlightModules.PilotAssistant.Start (PilotAssistant.FlightModules.AsstVesselModule vesRef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PilotAssistant.FlightModules.AsstVesselModule.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PilotAssistant.PilotAssistantFlightCore.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PilotAssistant.FlightModules.SurfSAS.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PilotAssistant.FlightModules.AsstVesselModule.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PilotAssistant.PilotAssistantFlightCore.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

logfile

I got the logfile from my dev-installation, so there is ProceduralParts installed. But that shouldn't be the problem since I get the same result on an installation without PP

edit...

I got it pinned down.

there is the problem.

The dictionary can not find "default" and therefore throws an exception. Using !PresetManager.Instance.craftPresetDict.ContainsKey("default") instead fixes the Problem.

Edited by RadarManFromTheMoon

I'm also getting Exceptions-spam. (using the dll from the previous post, but it also occurs with the official release)

Thanks, error has been eliminated. Don't know why that hasn't turned up before, it's not exactly new code...

- - - Updated - - -

Version 1.11.1

• Fix for multiple stock toolbar buttons appearing
  • Fix for default preset creation failing

Hello

How can i change the preset keybinding.

I have an Azerty keyboard and it is a mess if I use the preset keybinding.

s and z, both increase vertical speed!

I have not this problem when reverting on 1.10 version, s and z work the right way for vertical speed on my azerty keyboard....

Edited by gilflo

Hello

How can i change the preset keybinding.

I have an Azerty keyboard and it is a mess if I use the preset keybinding.

s and z, both increase vertical speed!

I have not this problem when reverting on 1.10 version, s and z work the right way for vertical speed on my azerty keyboard....

Er, it isn't your keyboard. I seem to have missed a negative while cleaning up

Version 1.11.2.1

• Fix typo causing target to increase when using pitch down keybinding

Great mod, really like it so far. Just two things that bug me:

How about letting the vertical assist control trim instead of steering? That way turning it off would not cause the plane to suddenly drop its nose. Also I noticed that turning off the throttle control sets the throttle back to wherever it was before activating it. Seems to mess up more than it helps. Wouldn't it be better to keep it where it is?

Throttle: I should really do something about that... (it's a quirk of how KSP allows control, not a conscious effort on my part)

Setting trim: I would rather not mess with vessel trim. There are a lot of players that don't know about it and it can be a cause of great frustration unless you know what is happening and how to clear trim. If you're just looking for a less jerky release I can do that, but trim setting is something I am rather hesitant to do.

Okay, I understand that that would cause some confusion. Maybe I will hack something together for myself. I want to do an assisted landing approach. Rapid changes in pitch are not particularly helpfull shortly before the flare maneuver :D

Another thing: The target heading changes itself (gets smaller by 0.01 ~ every 3 seconds) over time. Seems to occur after a few minutes of flying.

The change in heading is intentional, it keeps the vessel direction constant (following an "orbit" so to speak). Look up great circle routes for more information.

Short term trimming would be easy enough to implement (fading out the last control input over a set period) which sounds like it would cover what you want to do.

Version 1.11.3

• Fixed another stupid typo (note to self: pay attention when cleaning up code...)
  • Throttle settings from the speed control module are permanent
  • Deactivating the Asst vertical control releases the last pitch input over a period of 10 seconds if an atmosphere is present

Love this addon! But I noticed something weird, and I'm not sure if it's just me not using the mod right:

So my plane is climbing at a constant 30 m/s set by the vertical speed holder with the mod. But whenever I set the target vertical velocity to something higher like 35 m/s, my plane pitches down. I don't have the throttle autopilot on, so I'm not sure why it's doing this?

No issues with the current version in KSP 1.0.3

Oddly, I have had -significant- issues after updating, The Heading, and altitude controls under "Pilot assist" don't work right anymore for me, however the SASS works 'okay'

..Well I had been, Suddenly it seems to be fixed X_X Weird.

The only problem I'm having, is when I set it to go to a radar altitude while in the air, it gets the 'bright' idea to try to dive nose first every time, so unless I have a very quick/easy lift craft, it tends to instantly nose dive into the ground,

..even if the radar altitude is set -significantly- higher then the current altitude *has something showing current altitude to surface as well*

Edited by Ryusho

• 2 weeks later...

Just rebuilding for 1.0, haven't had time to play much so my ui quibbles for the latest one will have to wait until I've used it more, but:

Given the importance of critical mach number for subsonic craft in current FAR, would it be possible to query if FAR is installed, and if it is get the current Mach number from that and use it as a speed hold option? alternatively/additionally EAS hold.

so my ui quibbles for the latest one

Just when I was beginning to think it was looking somewhat reasonable... -.- (I know my eye for this sort of thing is terrible, but still...)

Given the importance of critical mach number for subsonic craft in current FAR, would it be possible to query if FAR is installed, and if it is get the current Mach number from that and use it as a speed hold option? alternatively/additionally EAS hold.

So a choice of which speed scale to use? Will do

Hello

Could you explain what happens SAS preset when you switch from PA to Mechjeb ?

I got SAS presets for Pitch, Yaw and Roll that gives me a stable SSTO during climb to 25 km

When I quit PA and select mechjeb, I guess mechjeb uses stock presets and what if i modified stock presets in PA? Would the modified stock presets be used by Mechjeb ?

My SSTO wobbles a lot after 25km, and i tried a Mechjeb climb from 5km and that was very unstable but it drove the whole things to orbit.

Hello

A little sugestion try change [1.0.x] Pilot Assistant: Atmospheric piloting aids - 1.11.2 (Jun 19) >> with >>[1.0.x] Pilot Assistant: Atmospheric piloting aids - 1.11.3 coz it create some confusion :) on Changelog is corect one > Version 1.11.3

thx & cya around

I have to start by saying I love this mod. It works better than MJ2’s spaceplane guidance. But I had this happen to me.

I had NRE start spamming my log when I docked a rover in a plane. Thinking it might be caused by one of the many other mods I use not playing well with each other or something got messed up in the KSP files. I cleaned out the gamedata folder and pulled a clean install from steam and created a new save. I’m using the current CKAN version 1.11.3.

I made a simple rover with a docking port in the sph. I launched then moved it off the runway. I went back to the space center and launch the rover again from the sph. Went over and docked the two rovers together after I opened the PA control window. The NRE will start as soon as the two vehicles dock and continue until I leave the flight scene whether I undock them or not. I can return to the docked craft and everything will be functional. (I’d rather not leave a new craft during flight until I know its controllable.)

Here is the NRE I’m getting in the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at PilotAssistant.FlightModules.SurfSAS.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PilotAssistant.FlightModules.AsstVesselModule.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Also I noticed that if I have two craft in close proximity to one another that a selection button pops up in the control window. But you can’t enter any numbers into any of the fields or have PA start controlling the craft (assuming it’s a plane) until you leave the physics range of the other craft after you select the correct craft. No errors or warnings in the log.

Hopefully I gave you enough info to reproduce the bug and squash it. If need be, I can post the log.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.