[1.3] Pilot Assistant: Atmospheric piloting aids - 1.13.2 (May 28)

Crzyrndm

Arm doesn't do anything without activating one of the axis controls.

If you're using the toggles to activate individual axes, it will use the current vessel state as the values.

If you want it to activate with specific values, you need to use the buttons on the right of the text fields.

If one of the above is not happening for you, I need logs and detailed steps that will allow me to replicate the behaviour you are experiencing

Hi

When I am in Hdg control it is impossible to enter a value in the heading window. I got the prompt, but impossible to enter any figures, Target Hdg stays at 0.00 , I can enter a bank, but not a heading!

I can enter a value in the VSpd window but not in the Hdg window. is it a bug? Or is there something i don't understand?

KSP 1.0.4

Edited by gilflo

Hi

When I am in Hdg control it is impossible to enter a value in the heading window. I got the prompt, but impossible to enter any figures, Target Hdg stays at 0.00 , I can enter a bank, but not a heading!

I can enter a value in the VSpd window but not in the Hdg window. is it a bug? Or is there something i don't understand?

KSP 1.0.4

Are you on the ground when you do this? I noticed the same thing happening and looked at the code on Git. The autopilot doesn't control heading modes when the craft is landed, I've been able to set headings in flight though.

Of course, that's just my reading of the code, I haven't written it.

No, in this case it was a random if statement that has since been removed causing the heading input field to become uneditable while the control system was deactivated. You just have to turn it on before entering any values to avoid it

You mean i must hit the HDG touch before entering any heading?

You mean i must hit the HDG touch before entering any heading?

I came here to ask the exact same thing. This is a fantastic mod btw, but not being able change heading before turning on autopilot can be rather impractical.

Yes this mod is fantastic, it's a great help, specially when we build touchy aircraft or spaceplane to pilot, but The fact is that when we are taking off heading 090 on the runway, it would be great that we can enter any heading before taking off so that once airborne we have just to touch HDG so that our aircraft follow the heading.

For the time being, i was not able to enter any heading once airborne. So please tell us exactly what to hit to enter heading.

Version 1.11.5 (by popular demand)

• Fixed: Uneditable heading target while control was not active
  • Added: "Level" button to the bank control, sets target bank to zero
  • Added: Pitch mode to the vertical control (NOTE: switching to this mode is not smoothed at this point in time)
  • Fixed: Heading value control now takes input again

Edited by Crzyrndm

By popular demand :)

I wasn't really intending to release a version just because of the uneditable field, but since everyone seems to be running into it... (and the next set of features being pushed back due to other constraints)

I can't seem to EVA on top of my planes with this mod. Kerbals are stuck stuttering, moving almost nowhere unless you can manage to jump. It also seems as if the ship itself is micro-jittering, but can take-off and fly just fine. The issue only exists when I have this mod installed, so while I hate to remove it I have to if I want to have any kerbals boarding or unboarding certain crew modules. Any idea what in PA could be causing this?

Thanks for the time and effort put into making my flights take less of each!

Edited by Virtual Flyboy

First off, I want to say I love, love, love your mod. Can't imagine trying to fly long distances in KSP without it, and it's one of the first I download when KSP gets an upgrade. Thanks for all the time and effort developing and maintaining it.

So now I want to report a possible bug...

When I EVA my Kerbals to the top of their craft (or onto a wing) they immediately start hopping uncontrollably, as if they start the jump animation but stop before getting airborne. This persists until they either fall off the plane or grab a ladder ('f' key). To tell the truth, I have no idea why your mod would cause this, but when trying to isolate which of the mods I have installed is causing it by uninstalling them one at a time, they stopped doing it after removing Pilot Assistant.

I posted a thread in the Support (Modded Installs) section about it... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129489-Kerbals-can-t-jump-on-Kerbin-and-do-weird-dances-on-top-of-planes

I haven't read back through all 59 pages of this thread, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen it, and if there is a fix out there. "Virtual Flyboy" (post #586) appears to have the same issue, too.

Regardless, removing your mod just isn't an option for me, so I'll just build my planes with ladders on them until we figure it out.

Thanks

Hi, first of all this mod is awesome!

I wanted to know is it possible to activate changes on multiple vessels simultaneously?

For example I have two aircraft flying together, and I wanted to make altitude adjustments and have them apply to both aircraft at the same time.

On a last note, how hard would it be to add a feature that keep and aircraft within X feet of another?

Thanks!

Individual aircraft only, and probably the only difficulty would be making sure the throttle delay didn't cause it to ram the craft in front... (it is unlikely that I would add such a feature anytime soon however)

Weird bug report:

Most of the time, Pilot Assistant works wonderfully. Occasionally though, when the vessel loads on the runway, Pilot assistant thinks it's pointing HDG 360, bank +/-90, and often angle of attack is nonsensical as well. The stock navball is always pointing in the correct direction, and whenever this has happened so far it's on re-flying an airplane that previously worked perfectly with Pilot Assistant and the identical mod configuration. The last time I was able to reproduce it several times by setting full fuel load (it worked) or 10% fuel load (it behaved weirdly) using all stock parts, kOS and MechJeb installed but not on the aircraft. Of course, when I attempted to reproduce it for screenshot purposes, it worked perfectly. :mad:

Have you ever seen this before? I'll try to actually find a reproducible test case for this, and try to check if it's a mod conflict, though it's intermittent enough that I don't know how easy that will be to rule out.

Installed Mods:

kOS, MechJeb, Adjustable landing gear (problem happened on airplanes both with and without).

This one

- - - Updated - - -

This one under SSAS enters an increasingly strong roll wobble until it starts falling when it reaches 90 degrees.

qL6n1be.jpg

The wobble can be neutralized manually for a while, but soon it returns in full force. The craft has a plenty roll control authority, but is heavy and takes sweet time to react. And it happens at pretty much any speed, from some 200m/s to 900.

Could you suggest which parameters to modify, and how, to fix it?

This one under SSAS enters an increasingly strong roll wobble until it starts falling when it reaches 90 degrees.

Generally, that sort of wobble means the system is responding too little, too late. Decreasing scalar and increasing derivative action (Kd) will get it to respond harder and earlier respectively. (*apologies for the late reply, I can't get to a computer very often this week)

really nice mode, thank you.

however i have a question about it:

ezxq5pk.png

We can see your plugin and Nathankell's aero GUI are displaying 2 differents values for the angle of attack,

angleofclimb.gif

It seems your plugin is displaying the pitch angle instead of aoa? (i'm not sur about this english term)

Also with your plugin a few version ago, we could enter the (real) aoa instead of the pitch no? is their a way to drive it instead of the pitch? or how to limit the max aoa when driving the pitch, with the PID parameters?

thank's

Edited by Skalou

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.