PTK NP: future russian spaceship interior (2013 video)

1greywind

Forum search doesn't bring any results about "PTK interior video" so I decided to share this beautiful video:

It is somewhat dated: 2013 and features Moon landing scene at the and there PTK NP pod fires builtin engines to soft landing. I believe that this idea is now abandoned in favor of traditional parachute landing and using landing legs as shock absorbers.

Cool video, unsure if the interior is outdated or not since they don't release to much info (I think the compressed toilet is a definite though). The landing will be done by parachute assisted rockets, then reused.

This interior is epic though, real or not, it's how a ship should be.

Nice, liked how you could stove the seats and the toilet. Reminds me a bit of Dragon2 but more suited for longer trips.

The moon landing however looks strange, could it land and return on the fuel in pod? does not looks like it store more fuel than dragon 2

The lunar soft landing (and assumed unassisted takeoff and lunar escape burn afterwards) in an unstaged capsule is obviously straight out of the realm of fantasy...

...but I do like the design of the interior a lot. If this craft was the same size as the US commercial LEO taxis, it would basically be sacrificing three seats worth of passenger space for a more deep space capable setup. Stowing the seats and control elements out of the way makes for a more roomy zero-g environment, and the fully separated bathroom will surely be appreciated by anyone stuck in there for days (both in the sense of actually doing their business, and in the sense of simply being able to get away from the others for a short while now and then).

Does anyone have a layout of the interior of the Orion capsule? That's the other deep space capable vehicle currently in development, and probably the best contrast to this one.

...but I do like the design of the interior a lot. If this craft was the same size as the US commercial LEO taxis, it would basically be sacrificing three seats worth of passenger space for a more deep space capable setup. Stowing the seats and control elements out of the way makes for a more roomy zero-g environment, and the fully separated bathroom will surely be appreciated by anyone stuck in there for days (both in the sense of actually doing their business, and in the sense of simply being able to get away from the others for a short while now and then).

It's actually bigger then the US taxi's.

Still a mockup, but if the finished ship has that much room then I will be very impressed. Russians have always had the most roomy ships.

Russian engineers still don't believe that they don't need all that room for lamps.

Still a mockup, but if the finished ship has that much room then I will be very impressed. Russians have always had the most roomy ships.

'Real' = mockup. Well, the Soyuz descent module isn't what I'd call roomy. PTK seems to have more room but Dragon may have more if they don't use a 7 crew version, but that isn't meant to be a deep space vehicle. The shuttle was probably the most comfortable.

'Real' = mockup. Well, the Soyuz descent module isn't what I'd call roomy. PTK seems to have more room but Dragon may have more if they don't use a 7 crew version, but that isn't meant to be a deep space vehicle. The shuttle was probably the most comfortable.

The soyuz also has a 2nd module remember.

Not sure about P v D.

I agree about the shuttle statement.

The soyuz also has a 2nd module remember.

That's why I said the descent module. The orbital module is additional space but it's good to have. So far PTK seems to be a luxurious spacecraft. I think it's inauguration flight is planned for 2018.

This is the problem with russian aerospace, it's like everything is half-assed and we never get good updates, unlike NASA and ESA.
Half-assed? I disagree, since the Soyuz has been flying since 1968, and it's still flying almost perfectly, with some updates of course. And the R-7 too, it was the first rocket to ever reach orbit, and with some upgrades and updates. (IE: The 3rd stage, updated systems, etc.) So yeah, I don't see what you mean by "Half-assed" and "Never got good updates".

It's a mockup made to test ergonomics. In the video they're checking where to set up screens and handles, ladders and all the thing they may need in real flight, and as the journalist says, they're working on egress procedure during emergency splashdown event. Quite an old video, btw.

It is somewhat dated: 2013 and features Moon landing scene at the and there PTK NP pod fires builtin engines to soft landing. I believe that this idea is now abandoned in favor of traditional parachute landing and using landing legs as shock absorbers.

Oh yeah, the traditional moon parachute landing :).

Sorry, had to. But this is an awesome video, and that interior looks great. Anyone know how far along this thing is?

Anyone know how far along this thing is?

They've done a contract for completion of the design documentation and construction of a ground-test prototype, both of which are to be finished before November 2015, as well as another contract for development of the Angara A5P/Amur LV for it. There's a tender running to produce a heavier rocket (roughly equivalent to Block 1A SLS) for the actual missions, but that hasn't even settled on a design and doesn't have an associated date for first flight except 'before 2030'. Plans for anything else (e.g. the flights of PTK-NP posted above) are not contracted and are purely notional.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.