How would I do this manoeuvre? (Description in post)

Ok, this one has been bugging me for a while and I\'m not sure if it is possible. I\'m after a height at which I can orbit Kerbin in a circular orbit, lower than the Mun\'s orbit. This means I will be travelling faster than the

Mun. After catching up with the Mun I want to be in a circular orbit around it with no extra burns.

So;

1. Is it possible in reality?

2. Is it possible in game?

3. What height and orbit speed will I need to attain?

I know there are some clever people out there and I would be grateful for your help.

Interessting idea... i try to figure this out, from my first feeling this should be possible... but not easy.

EDIT: it is not possible without an extra burn. Max altitude over Kerbin to get captured: 14430 km, speed 484,7 m/s

Min altitude 9570 km, speed 598,2 m/s

Muns orbital speed: 529,3 m/s (should be right)

So after entering Muns SOI will will have a maximum speed of 68,9 m/s wich results in a periapsis of 78,71 km (wich is quite not circular)

To make a 'circular to circular' manouver you need an extra burn of 88,5 m/s once you are captured.

Notice, this is only the theory, for practical issues you should make the capture altitude a bit closer to the Mun or the orbit will be very unstable and you get back to Kerbins SOI.

Could someone please review this and correct me if i am wrong? Maybe i try this tomorrow.

This is impossible due to the conservation of energy. Any non-escape trajectory will pass through the same points if there is no thrust applied. This means that if you enter the Mun\'s SOI, you will leave its SOI if you don\'t perform any burns.