Torrent downloads

firegeek83

Unless this has already been brought up, has Squad given any thought to setting up a way to utilize torrents as an alternative to downloading new versions (hint hint .90)? I bring this up due to those of us who have run into the 90% download completion, only to have it interrupted or some other perfectly timed roadblock (looking at you Verizon :mad: )

How would a torrent download be restricted to customers only?

<--- Not a torrent expert.

You could always have it not contain the .exe, just the patcher. That way a customer would have to login to the patcher which would then download the game .exe.

I don't think Squad can fix Verizon. Have you looked at browser addons that automatically resume downloads where they left off?

Oh I know Squad can't fix Verizon nor should they (have to get my jab in at Vz when I can). I'm simply asking if they've given any thought to torrent files for non-Steam files.

Same questions.

<----- Also not a torrent expert.

A torrent file essentially allows access to a completed file (ex: KSP0.xx.zip) through which a user can start, stop & resume when they can without losing the accumulated file. Essentially you download the file in one shot (like most smaller downloads from sites) or as you can in increments (connection permitting). My issue is with downloading the file through the browser when it is interrupted, you lose all that accumulated file (such as in the 90% territory). With a torrent, you simply pick up where you left off when you reconnect. We'll keep the seeders/leachers aspect for later.