Kadvent Kalender - 24 missions leading up to christmas

TJPrime

That is rather small. Wouldn't expect it to have enough delta-V - especially if I was behind the... urm... what does the space shuttle crew use to control it?

Actually, it has just over 1000m/s of delta-V, and if I hadn't needed the parachute, it would have had about 1600m/s.

Day 2, more landings and more fun. Wasn't quite sure how to interpret the rules of "one ship" and "does not have to be the same launch" - sort of assumed it would be ok to use the same design, with multiple copies, on the same rover. Brought along two extra landers, just in case. Or maybe it was that Jeb forgot how many facilities there really were at KSC. Hard to know which.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I know I'm a little late for the first challenge, but yesterday I had problems with my internet connection and I couldn't upload the pics...

Anyway, I used a little modified Kerbal X and landed in the dish FROM ORBIT! :D

It was the first time I've ever tried to land in the KSC!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Not sure how to interpret that rule either. So, assumed that the same rocket design is needed to land on each and every named structure at KSP. Note, landing on the launch pad and runway can be done but you can't launch from there again unless you recover the ship occupying it.

Launch vehicle is the same one used for the satellite dish.

tY4ytbQ.jpg

Landed at the administration center;

JcNJLdh.jpg

Even at the Monolith; (Too narrow to land on but it is possible.)

QeEhTUF.jpg

All the landings as marked; (Had one on the pad removed for the Monolith mission.)

yhFWxBh.jpg

More entries for December 1st AND 2nd! They all look really nice, clever and explosive. Maybe not the last one, but hey. So, in this post, I say:

Entries for December 1st are now closed.

You can still enter for December 2nd and 3rd. No more entries for December 1st will be added to the leader-board. When entries for December 2nd close, the same will happen. Also,

Entries for December 3rd are now open!

More entries for December 1st AND 2nd! They all look really nice, clever and explosive. Maybe not the last one, but hey. So, in this post, I say:

Entries for December 1st are now closed.

You can still enter for December 2nd and 3rd. No more entries for December 1st will be added to the leader-board. When entries for December 2nd close, the same will happen. Also,

Entries for December 3rd are now open!

To be honest this is rather harsh on the people who have school/work on these days imo.

Late seeing 2nd December available - "I'm sorry, I have a cold" - so I thought I'd make a picture that was a 'bit' more artistic (without in any way endangering anyone's career as a graphic designer, as you can see):

r51t9UUl.png

Now to catch up with the 3rd ... erm "fastest in atmosphere", I take it?

To be honest this is rather harsh on the people who have school/work on these days imo.

I can understand your opinion. And, after being unable to come up with a good response, I have come up with a different way to do the leader-board, based on how many challenges were completed and any bonus points.

I can understand your opinion. And, after being unable to come up with a good response, I have come up with a different way to do the leader-board, based on how many challenges were completed and any bonus points.

Brilliant idea. Now I don't have to be slightly stressed and over-competitive about this challenge :D

Hmmm, I don't seem to have the knack of building a fast plane. I shall refer you to Crew Shuttle Mk2 in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79658-Exploring-The-System-A-design-tutorial-campaign?p=1210326&viewfull=1#post1210326 (since we had to pre-publish LVs we'd be using), which tops-out a bit over 2200m/s (on jets).

JkFYb9Wl.png

Crew Shuttle MK2 In SPH

Edited by Pecan

This was on turbojet only with the speed achieved at flameout. It was launched vertically. Canards were needed to control altitude during the high speed run to flameout. Originally, I used fins with control surfaces but had infinaglide issues during recovery. So standard fins were used for stability.

7j7T4zU.jpg

The turbojet was then jettisoned and recovered with the remaining section sent to a Mun flyby and return.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.