After Frozen: The Story Game (Non-roleplay BTW)

Sun

Based on http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100665-Martian-Robot-Defense%21-Co-op-story%21

Basically, we work on a co-op story that starts a few months after Frozen.

Rules:

1. Be realistic... well, at least as realistic as Elsa's magic gets.

2. Have fun.

3. Don't turn this thread into a roleplay thread. Mainly so this thread doesn't get locked.

4. Try to keep to the theme of Frozen. (i.e. don't start spilling the story into space - with an exception of maybe Elsa creating/destroying a moon made of pure ice.... but no scenes that actually take place in space. Try to keep the location to normality (i.e. try to stay in Arendelle/the surrounding area, but places mentioned like the Southern Isles (where Hans is from) can be used as locations.) Also, try to use only Frozen characters. We don't need any space tiger invasions.

5. Quote the post that you are responding to, just like GregroxMun's thread.

Let's begin!

Anna: Elsa, I'm so glad you told me the truth about your powers. I understand why you, our parents, and the trolls decided to hide them from me for all those years. I understand why you ran awa-

Elsa: Please, don't bring that time up. It was hard for all of us.

*3 days later*

Kristoff: Anna, we have news about the old villan Hans. He was sentenced to lifelong remote isolation on a 30 meter wide island far away in the cold seas of the north.

Anna: So glad! Serves him right!

CLASSIFIED PROJECT LOG: THREE MONTHS AFTER END OF MOVIE

Following the deep freeze, contact has been reestablished with the outside world

A team of scientists is called in to investigate Hydrothermal Anomaly E-72-A

------------------

Day 1: Anomaly E-72-A is captured and taken into containment for investigation. All related personnel are taken into custody for interrogation. Castle is placed under quarantine due to possible unknown effects of the anomalous ice.

Day 2: E-72-A is determined to have the "ability to control and specifically lower the temperature of water" as well as the ability to manipulate the resulting frozen water. Interrogations begin of the subject's close relatives.

Day 3: Preliminary investigation of the ice surrounding the castle shows no anomalous effects.

Day 4: E-72-A attempts to break out from containment. One guard is frozen and later recovers. Containment restrictions tightened.

Day 6: Investigations have not been able to determine the source of E-72-A's properties. Interrogations of related personnel not revealing much.

Day 8: Interrogations finished.

Day 10: E-72-A is placed under anesthesia and partially dissected. Team still unable to determine source of anomalous properties.

Day 11: E-72-A now refuses to cooperate with investigation efforts. Subject reclassified as hostile. Tightened containment.

Day 16: Still no progress

Day 24: Still no progress

Day 26: Attempted containment breach of E-72-A. One guard killed. Containment restrictions tightened and reinforcements called to facility.

Day 27: Another dissection performed with no incidents.

Day 28: Researcher 24-L-008 begins work on a theory to explain E-72-A's anomalous properties.

Day 29: FATAL CONTAINMENT BREACH OF E-72-A

THIS IS NOT A TEST THIS IS NOT A DRILL

SUBJECT HAS ESCAPED FACILITY

WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME

CASUALTIES: TWO GUARDS KILLED ONE FROZEN

CASUALTIES: RESEARCHER 24-L-008 KILLED

DAMAGES: RESEARCH SECTOR B DESTROYED

DAMAGES: CONTAINMENT SECTOR Y-05 DESTROYED

SEARCH IN PROGRESS ALL GUARDS ON ALERT

E-72-A UPGRADED TO HIGHLY HOSTILE

Day 30: E-72-A has not been found. Relatives' whereabouts unknown.

Day 31: E-72-A has not been found. Relatives' whereabouts unknown.

Day 35: E-72-A has not been found. Relatives' whereabouts unknown.

Day 45: Search called off. Project cancelled.

Following the deep freeze, contact has been reestablished with the outside world

------------------

Day 1: Anomaly E-72-A is captured and taken into containment for investigation. All related personnel are taken into custody for interrogation. Castle is placed under quarantine due to possible unknown effects of the anomalous ice.

Day 2: E-72-A is determined to have the "ability to control and specifically lower the temperature of water" as well as the ability to manipulate the resulting frozen water. Interrogations begin of the subject's close relatives.

Day 3: Preliminary investigation of the ice surrounding the castle shows no anomalous effects.

Day 4: E-72-A attempts to break out from containment. One guard is frozen and later recovers. Containment restrictions tightened.

Day 6: Investigations have not been able to determine the source of E-72-A's properties. Interrogations of related personnel not revealing much.

Day 10: E-72-A is placed under anesthesia and partially dissected. Team still unable to determine source of anomalous properties.

Day 11: E-72-A now refuses to cooperate with investigation efforts. Subject reclassified as hostile. Tightened containment.

Day 26: Attempted containment breach of E-72-A. One guard killed. Containment restrictions tightened and reinforcements called to facility.

Day 28: Researcher 24-L-008 begins work on a theory to explain E-72-A's anomalous properties.

No. Just no.

------------------

This... This is what started it all.

2 months after the specimen escaped. All hell broke loose. The surrounding nations declared code red. And a world wide search was conducted. No one found her. We hoped that nothing would happen. But then, she attacked.

The blizzards where comparable to frozen ice. Thousands dead, either from starvation or frost-bite. Military's conducted seek-and-capture missions to anyone who could be related. But then, we found her. Code name - Savior. Claimed to be her sister, once. Luckily, she was safe...

2 months after the specimen escaped. All hell broke loose. The surrounding nations declared code red. And a world wide search was conducted. No one found her. We hoped that nothing would happen. But then, she attacked.

The blizzards where comparable to frozen ice. Thousands dead, either from starvation or frost-bite. Military's conducted seek-and-capture missions to anyone who could be related. But then, we found her. Code name - Savior. Claimed to be her sister, once. Luckily, she was safe...

GUYS! KEEP IT FROZEN-THEMED!

This is getting WAY off!

You wanted a crowdsourced story set in the universe of frozen. You recived a crowdsourced story set in the universe of frozen.

I for one am pleased with its direction, and will continue lurking.

And I want it to be in the format of:

[Character name] : [What character is saying]

[Character name] : [Response/new speech]

Not the confidential document form that you've been using.

I hate to seem to always be in conflict with you but your requested format will leave the characters rather bland. It doesnt really allow for internal monologue, or a description of the envorment.

How would you say, "Boris stepped into the chill interrogation chamber, already missing the warm coffee he left in the break room. He gave the subject a stern glare" but in your format?

Lemme continue, because it's going off topic...

"We interrogated her, she seemed to be a calm type. It seemed she just wanted to let go of her past, and continue new. She told us what we needed to know. The Ocean. We hoped to find something. but all we found was an abandoned boat, half sunken. But, that was the past. It seemed like Heaven compared to now."

Ok, this post will provide the example of how I want the characters to talk, as well as restarting the story.

Elsa: Anna, for once, it's time for me to ask you this question: Do-

Anna: I do want to build a snowman! I used to be asking you every month for a year!

Elsa: Ok, here you go.

So, it must include:

1. Character dialogue in the form I introduced above.

2. Must be related to Frozen.

If your post does not follow that criteria, I will reply, "No," to your post. Basically, have the characters talk like they do in GregroxMun's Mars thread that is also in the Forum Games.

• 2 months later...

Establishing connection...

Establishing connection...

LOADED STREAM FROM: 29A/Archives/E-72-A/searchlog3

-----------

The following is a log of the aftermath of E-72-A's breach from containment. As I am writing this, blizzards are forming outside. We don't know how many casualties there were and we don't want to know. We took in as many refugees in from the Castle as we could, but space was limited. External power cut off within days. Water supply is down. Communications are nonexistent. Thank god we prepared for this... but the others couldn't have known. Government doesn't even exist anymore.

For a few weeks or so, we ignored the threat. E-72-A was hostile but still nothing we hadn't seen before. After search teams found nothing, we assumed it just wanted to leave, and we let it leave.

Then it began.

Ice coming out of nowhere. Walls of it slamming the facility. Thousands probably died in the swirling masses of snow.

They couldn't have known. None of us could have known.

We tried to send out search teams, but it was no use. In the end we just called them back and took in as many refugees as we could, and waited. Waited for it to stop. For the blizzards to die down. No source of energy is infinite. There had to be an end to the madness.

But there was no end. For weeks we waited. Communications were in-and-out... nearby countries were in chaos. The best scientists at our facility were at a loss to determine where the snow was coming from. It just kept coming, and coming, and coming. Many of them went mad in the end.

This file has been encrypted with three layers of our best technology. Only Administration is allowed into the Archives room. We just keep writing these logs in the hopes that somebody will find them, should the worst happen.

We have three months of food left. Probably even less with all the refugees we're holding. I've been ordered to keep this a secret, to keep assuring everyone that we've got years and years of supply just waiting... in this world of spiraling chaos, we can't afford to lose any bit of order we have.

We can't keep waiting. There will be no help. The only way out of this is to find a way to stop the storm. We've interviewed relatives of the subject and one of them looks promising. She claims she knows where the subject is hiding. She claims she can get in. Make a difference. Stop the blizzards.

It's the only way out.

I have signed up for Team 19384-C. Five hours after I finish this log, we will depart with a week of food and water supply and the facility's best thermal protection wear. We're going into the storm. We're going to find the subject. We're going to stop the storms.

It's the only way out.

-----------

END FILE

Connection terminated to archives

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.