Lander Engine Loosing power on takeoff

Hi.

I've made some karbonite landers for the mun with four radial engine pods - fuel tanks with 909's on them. I'm having a problem now with two landers in this configuration and both of them have successfully landed and taken off from the mun prior but now both of them are experiencing engine failure about 300 M off the surface in just one engine. I've tried taking off with a different engine configuration (it's a very flexible lander set up) only to have some OTHER engine quit on me at around the same time.

A couple of additional notes. During the same play session, the second lander both landed (using the same engines) and had this problem on take off. I did other things in the middle but didn't quit the game.

I managed to look at an engine while it failed and it didn't have the throttle reduced, it just went from producing 50 KN to 17 (and then it started flipping around so bad that I couldn't read it, but the throttle bar was always green.

The lander, as a part of it's operations, mines karbonite and converts it to LFO for it's own use.

Stopping and starting the engines has no effect.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something so I will edit the post as people have questions.

I have the following mods:

Final Frontier,

Karbonite

Karbonite Plus

USI Exploration

USI Freight Transport Technologies (not using it. Might nuke it)

USI Kolonization Systems (not using it. Might nuke it)

(Firespitter DLL from all the USI stuff)

Remote Tech

KAC 2.7.9

Texture Replacer with an additional head pack (for my 5 year old)

Toolbar

I think that might be it.

Any help would be appreciated.

SCREAMING CANDLE!

Ok. I think I have it figured out. There is a small central tank that has fuel lines going out to the four lander legs with the engines on them and when that central tank goes down to zero the problem starts.

I'd like to point out that this is not a solution because this should work or at the very least it shouldn't do THAT. Any ideas?

Thanks.

SCREAMING CANDLE!

PS: Keep on screaming!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.