[Workaround] Sticky Launch Pad Temp Fix.

Found a quick way to get around the sticky launch pad bug.

On whatever your rocket sits on, strap on some decouplers. This will create a dummy stage plus the decoupler stage. Move the couplers to the 'true' lower stage and save/reload (as Skunkmonkey suggests) and bam, no more sticky pad - the rocket sits on the decouplers, and while THEY might be stuck to the pad, they get left behind upon ignition of the first stage.

This can actually make a big difference, without a sticky pad, a rocket as simple as a chute > module > decoupler > liquid tank x4 inline > engine > decoupler makes for an SSTO, or at least pretty close to it.

It's not a perfect fix, bigger rockets may cause the decouplers to explode, but the only issue that really seems to cause is some browned underpants from our intrepid trio. Or total structural failure. Reccomend liquid fueled engines over the decouplers, throttled down and then brought up for launch. They don't take well to the sudden shock of full-throttle engines.

Edit: Too late I find that foamyesque actually beat me to the punch (with an identical ship design no less) in the simplest orbiter challenge. Kudo's to him.

This has been a pretty widely used workaround for a while, but personally I've never had much luck with it. It usually makes my lower stage (followed very rapidly by everything above it) explode as soon as I fire the engines. Possibly lowering the throttle would help, but depending on the design that tends to leave me stuck on the pad simply due to a lack of thrust....

My preferred workaround is to simply mount a sizable number of engines (usually SRBs) above ground level, out of contact with the pad. That seems to work well.

This has been a pretty widely used workaround for a while, but personally I've never had much luck with it. It usually makes my lower stage (followed very rapidly by everything above it) explode as soon as I fire the engines. Possibly lowering the throttle would help, but depending on the design that tends to leave me stuck on the pad simply due to a lack of thrust....

My preferred workaround is to simply mount a sizable number of engines (usually SRBs) above ground level, out of contact with the pad. That seems to work well.

I had the explodey problem on a rocket as well, try sticking a dummy LFT under the decoupler.