Stock Fighter Jet w/ working canopy & ejection seat

gGATORr

Hello everyone,

Here is fun 100% stock fighter jet I made!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Features

- "real" cockpit: Kerbal actually climbs in, no "press 'f' to board"

- working canopy: opens and closes using landing legs. secured with klaw

- ejection seat: when the fit hits the shan, press 'abort' to pop the canopy and eject you Kerbal to safety (parachute included)

- 3 harpoints under each wing and missile rails on the wingtips: standard version comes with 2 drop tanks (more than quadruples the flight time), 2 guided missiles, 4 unguided bombs (two per hard point), and 2 unguided rockets)

-large rover wheels: give rear landing gear scale appearance and motorized taxiing ability

Part count: 308 clean

Part count: 422 w/ standard payload configuration (bombs, missiles, drop tanks, rockets)

The main goal was to build an aircraft with a working ejection seat, just as a proof of concept. However, the jet ended up looking really good, and flying really well too. Not to mention all the other cool features. So I thought I'd share it with y'all. This jet isn't really based off of any specific real-world design. I just kind of threw it together, and it turned out really well. It flies beautifully, and has no problem getting into the air, even when fully loaded.

Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!

GATOR

Download HERE

How often does the Kerbal hit its head on the canopy and fall out of the seat when ejecting?

It looks good, I'll have to play with it some.

Haha I made sure the cockpit jettisons much faster than the seat, so no problems there. Also, let me know if you would like operating instructions. With so many moving parts, it's a little complex...

I'm kinda angry myself when my crafts aren't examined at all because the community is based on reputation.. lol

But I'm not trolling the rating btw xD

I like this one actually, except that it needs hullcam to be completed IMO

Dont worry mate, there are sadly a few bitter people on this forum. Its a great craft!

Why thank you!

I'm kinda angry myself when my crafts aren't examined at all because the community is based on reputation.. lol

But I'm not trolling the rating btw xD

I like this one actually, except that it needs hullcam to be completed IMO

hullcam? is that a mod?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.