[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Just tested 1.3.4 under 32bit to compare results to 64bit.... still not working correctly. Although I haven't had the error box pop up yet I have had the same problem as before where any USS missions I take just disappear from my contracts. So some sort of bug with USS not caused by 64 at least. Looking forward to the next build, I can't take this awful frame rate and ugly graphics for long! ;)

If I am able to get confirmation from you and others that it is working completely correctly for at least some people

In this case, I would like to chime in and state that I have Contract Configurator running on a Win 64 bit version without any errors with the Anomaly Surveyor and Tourism Plus Packs (as well as Kerbin Space Station and SCANSat configs provided by other authors). Field Research was giving errors but I just removed it and did not report it as I understand that bug reports are not necessarily productive in Win64.

But yes, there are people that are using it just fine in Win64 (after your support change I reverted back to 1.3.4 for the moment).

Put one in the box, just a close up though.

No screenshot in the folder.

Just tested 1.3.4 under 32bit to compare results to 64bit.... still not working correctly. Although I haven't had the error box pop up yet I have had the same problem as before where any USS missions I take just disappear from my contracts. So some sort of bug with USS not caused by 64 at least. Looking forward to the next build, I can't take this awful frame rate and ugly graphics for long! ;)

Can I get a log?

Can I get a log?

I've run the game a couple of times since playing with sweetfx configs (to try and getting it looking a bit more like my 64 install :( ) so the log file isn't currently from when I lost the contracts. Also... are you even still debugging 1.3.4? Let me know if you still want the file, or I can go in and see if I can make a few more contracts disappear!

Do you know when the next build will be out? I'm hoping the issue will resolve itself for my 64... 32bit is a slow mess. If not, I will of course replicate bugs in 32 before reporting.

I've run the game a couple of times since playing with sweetfx configs (to try and getting it looking a bit more like my 64 install :( ) so the log file isn't currently from when I lost the contracts. Also... are you even still debugging 1.3.4? Let me know if you still want the file, or I can go in and see if I can make a few more contracts disappear!

Do you know when the next build will be out? I'm hoping the issue will resolve itself for my 64... 32bit is a slow mess. If not, I will of course replicate bugs in 32 before reporting.

Next build tonight to get the 32/64 bit stuff cleared away. And yeah, not debugging 1.3.4

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2jqcccmnqi8lgah/AAD5wd2c5lBG4IOmLxg4lqyOa?dl=0

No idea how and when dropbox refreshes the contents ... but it is there.

Yeah, dropbox is being stupid. It just cycles endlessly on my PC, but I can see it find on my phone. I'll see if I can do anything with this one...

So, question.

I'm playing with making contracts to enter specific orbits. For example:

PARAMETER
{
name = Orbit1
type = Orbit
targetBody = Kerbin
minApA = 160000
maxApA = 165000
minPeA = 700000
maxPeA = 710000
minEccentricity = 0.05
maxEccentricity = 0.055
minInclination = 62
maxInclination = 68
title = Orbit1
disableOnStateChange = true
}

Is there anything I can do to get the orbital path to show up in the "M" zoomed out map view like it does for other "place a sat in X orbit" stock contracts? Or is that not implemented for custom ones?

So, question.

I'm playing with making contracts to enter specific orbits. For example:

PARAMETER
{
name = Orbit1
type = Orbit
targetBody = Kerbin
minApA = 160000
maxApA = 165000
minPeA = 700000
maxPeA = 710000
minEccentricity = 0.05
maxEccentricity = 0.055
minInclination = 62
maxInclination = 68
title = Orbit1
disableOnStateChange = true
}

Is there anything I can do to get the orbital path to show up in the "M" zoomed out map view like it does for other "place a sat in X orbit" stock contracts? Or is that not implemented for custom ones?

Not for that type of parameter. Use the OrbitGenerator behaviour and ReachSpecificOrbit parameter instead.

An extra bit of info on 1.3.4 (might still be useful)... tested on 64bit and 32.

It's not just USS missions that are disappearing, it's every contract I try to take. Same on 32 and 64 and is fixed by deleting the USS contract pack. Of course this might already be fixed in 4.0

An extra bit of info on 1.3.4 (might still be useful)... tested on 64bit and 32.

It's not just USS missions that are disappearing, it's every contract I try to take. Same on 32 and 64 and is fixed by deleting the USS contract pack. Of course this might already be fixed in 4.0

Useful, but not as useful as a log would be.;)

Looking in the documentation here https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/Behaviours#orbitgenerator

Is there anywhere that translates the orbit definition into a more human readable form? This looks like it's how orbits are stored in the save file (?) and I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at.

For example, the

SMA = 1449999.99996286
ECC = 1.07570816555399E-05
INC = 0
LPE = 270.690311604893
LAN = 1.93635924563296
MNA = 1.55872660382504
EPH = 31.3999999999994
REF = 1

I suspect SMA is semi-major axis, and ECC is eccentricity, and INC is inclination - but I'm not sure what the others are or how to convert an orbit from peri/aps/incl into that format.

Any insight?

Looking in the documentation here https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/Behaviours#orbitgenerator

Is there anywhere that translates the orbit definition into a more human readable form? This looks like it's how orbits are stored in the save file (?) and I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at.

For example, the

SMA = 1449999.99996286
ECC = 1.07570816555399E-05
INC = 0
LPE = 270.690311604893
LAN = 1.93635924563296
MNA = 1.55872660382504
EPH = 31.3999999999994
REF = 1

I suspect SMA is semi-major axis, and ECC is eccentricity, and INC is inclination - but I'm not sure what the others are or how to convert an orbit from peri/aps/incl into that format.

Any insight?

Use hyper edit - it has sliders for all those values so you can see what they do. Then once you're done, you can save and grab the orbit from the save file.

Use hyper edit - it has sliders for all those values so you can see what they do. Then once you're done, you can save and grab the orbit from the save file.

Ah neat, I've never touched hyperedit, sounds like it's time to try it out.

I just updated everything via CKAN and now the only contracts and the only agency available is the Tourism one. The "explore planet" contracts are still there too, also re-agencied to the Tourism agency. 32 bit Windows KSP 1.0.2 (with -force-opengl if it matters).

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr0usft67favs9x/KSP_contract_config_broke.log?dl=0

I have these contract-related mods installed:

Contract Configurator, 1.4.0

Contract Pack: Kerbin Space Station, 2.1.1

Contract Pack: Tourism Plus: 1.1.4

Here are several relevant-looking exceptions from that logfile:

[ERR 18:57:30.888] Agent: Cannot find logo scaled at url 'Mk2Expansion/Agencies/IA_scaled'

[EXC 18:57:30.890] UnityException: Texture 'Mk2Expansion/Agencies/IA' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 miplevel)
UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels ()
Contracts.Agents.Agent..ctor (System.String name, System.String logoURL, System.String logoScaledURL)
Contracts.Agents.Agent.LoadAgent (.ConfigNode node)
Contracts.Agents.AgentList.LoadAgents (.ConfigNode[] nodes)
Contracts.Agents.AgentList.Start ()

[LOG 18:57:35.854] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Contract Configurator 1.4.0 loading...
[LOG 18:57:35.855] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil: Loading DebuggingConfig node.
[WRN 18:57:35.857] ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil: No debugging config found! LogLevel set to INFO
[EXC 18:57:35.861] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator+<GetAllTypes>d__22`1[ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory].MoveNext ()
Rethrow as Exception: Error loading types from assembly RCSBuildAidToolbar, Version=0.7.2.26995, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.<GetAllTypes>d__22`1:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:RegisterParameterFactories()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()
[LOG 18:57:35.890] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Finished Registering ParameterFactories
[LOG 18:57:35.919] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Finished Registering BehaviourFactories
[LOG 18:57:35.949] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Finished Registering ContractRequirements
[LOG 18:57:35.951] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'KerbinSpaceStation'
[LOG 18:57:36.025] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'Tourism'
[LOG 18:57:36.451] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loaded 24 out of 24 CONTRACT_TYPE nodes.
[LOG 18:57:36.454] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Contract Configurator 1.4.0 finished loading.

So... looks like it's puking when reflecting over RCSBuildAidToolbar and not handling the exception, and that trashes contract loading?

Here are a few other random errors from the log, probably downstream and not the cause:

[LOG 18:57:49.603] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Generated contract: CONTRACT_TYPE [Tourism_Investor]
[EXC 18:57:49.622] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ContractConfigurator.ContractType.MeetRequirements (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract)
ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader+<ContractGenerator>d__f.MoveNext ()
ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader+<ContractGenerator>d__2.MoveNext ()
ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader.Update ()

[EXC 18:58:19.187] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm - even if I uninstall the RCS build aid plugin I'm still crashing. Second log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/72leshov89p74jz/KSP_contract_config_broke2.log?dl=0

The Reflection exception is gone, but the NRE's on ContractConfigurator.ContractType.MeetRequirements() and ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader+<ContractGenerator>d__f.MoveNext still happen.

I just updated everything via CKAN and now the only contracts and the only agency available is the Tourism one. The "explore planet" contracts are still there too, also re-agencied to the Tourism agency. 32 bit Windows KSP 1.0.2 (with -force-opengl if it matters).

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr0usft67favs9x/KSP_contract_config_broke.log?dl=0

I have these contract-related mods installed:

Contract Configurator, 1.4.0

Contract Pack: Kerbin Space Station, 2.1.1

Contract Pack: Tourism Plus: 1.1.4

Here are several relevant-looking exceptions from that logfile:

[ERR 18:57:30.888] Agent: Cannot find logo scaled at url 'Mk2Expansion/Agencies/IA_scaled'

[EXC 18:57:30.890] UnityException: Texture 'Mk2Expansion/Agencies/IA' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 miplevel)
UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels ()
Contracts.Agents.Agent..ctor (System.String name, System.String logoURL, System.String logoScaledURL)
Contracts.Agents.Agent.LoadAgent (.ConfigNode node)
Contracts.Agents.AgentList.LoadAgents (.ConfigNode[] nodes)
Contracts.Agents.AgentList.Start ()

[LOG 18:57:35.854] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Contract Configurator 1.4.0 loading...
[LOG 18:57:35.855] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil: Loading DebuggingConfig node.
[WRN 18:57:35.857] ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil: No debugging config found! LogLevel set to INFO
[EXC 18:57:35.861] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator+<GetAllTypes>d__22`1[ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory].MoveNext ()
Rethrow as Exception: Error loading types from assembly RCSBuildAidToolbar, Version=0.7.2.26995, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.<GetAllTypes>d__22`1:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:RegisterParameterFactories()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()
[LOG 18:57:35.890] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Finished Registering ParameterFactories
[LOG 18:57:35.919] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Finished Registering BehaviourFactories
[LOG 18:57:35.949] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Finished Registering ContractRequirements
[LOG 18:57:35.951] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'KerbinSpaceStation'
[LOG 18:57:36.025] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'Tourism'
[LOG 18:57:36.451] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loaded 24 out of 24 CONTRACT_TYPE nodes.
[LOG 18:57:36.454] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Contract Configurator 1.4.0 finished loading.

So... looks like it's puking when reflecting over RCSBuildAidToolbar and not handling the exception, and that trashes contract loading?

Here are a few other random errors from the log, probably downstream and not the cause:

[LOG 18:57:49.603] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Generated contract: CONTRACT_TYPE [Tourism_Investor]
[EXC 18:57:49.622] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ContractConfigurator.ContractType.MeetRequirements (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract)

[EXC 18:58:19.187] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm - even if I uninstall the RCS build aid plugin I'm still crashing. Second log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/72leshov89p74jz/KSP_contract_config_broke2.log?dl=0

The Reflection exception is gone, but the NRE's on ContractConfigurator.ContractType.MeetRequirements() and ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader+<ContractGenerator>d__f.MoveNext still happen.

Pretty sure the first error is the one that's causing your issue - did you perchance attempt to convert things to DDS? If the agency icons are DDS, KSP will croak hard on the contract system. :(

The reflection error can safely be ignored.

Not sure about the other errors - suspect it may be related to the first, but will investigate just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and by the way, KerbMav, I finally fixed your issue with the ghost waypoint icons. ;)

You'll need to refresh your contracts for the fix to show up, but after that you'll be golden.

- - - Updated - - -

bonesbro - I can't figure out what would be the problem with that last error - but I suspect it's related to the agent issue. Once you fix the PNG/DSS issue, let me know if that resolves everything. If not, I may need you to do a little bit of additional tracing for me.

I have not modified any textures.

But ah ha, you solved the problem! So I went poking around into my CKAN folder, sorting by download time, and today it also updated to MK2Expansion 1.4.1. Inside that archive is /Mk2Expansion/Agencies/ which has a .cfg and two .dds files. CKAN helpfully saves previous versions, and 1.3.1 used .pngs for the textures. Off to the MK2Expansion thread!

The return of Windows 64-bit support. Download now!

The Win64 nag screen will appear once on the main menu, and then go away. Each time Contract Configurator is updated, it'll come back once as a gentle reminder. I've also attempted to add info into the exceptions that it's occurring in Win64, so I can identify quickly that it's not supported. Enjoy!

Contract Configurator 1.4.1

• Add support for heading/roll/pitch in SpawnVessel.
  • Fixed ghost icons in OrbitGenerator (thanks KerbMav).
  • Remove warnings for Mkerb Inc. Science Instruments (worked just fine before, now is officially supported).
  • Re-add limited support for Win64.

The return of Windows 64-bit support. Download now!

The Win64 nag screen will appear once on the main menu, and then go away. Each time Contract Configurator is updated, it'll come back once as a gentle reminder. I've also attempted to add info into the exceptions that it's occurring in Win64, so I can identify quickly that it's not supported. Enjoy!

Contract Configurator 1.4.1

• Add support for heading/roll/pitch in SpawnVessel.
  • Fixed ghost icons in OrbitGenerator (thanks KerbMav).
  • Remove warnings for Mkerb Inc. Science Instruments (worked just fine before, now is officially supported).
  • Re-add limited support for Win64.

Excellent ! I've been waiting for this! Thanks! :D

Getting an exception in my current game since updating. Shows in map view and tracking station

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGenerator.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGenerator+OrbitRenderer.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Repeats a lot. Tried cancelling all contracts and using only ones that don't use orbit draw or waypoints but still showed up.

Going to run a new career real quick to see if / when it shows up. Doesn't start in first contracts.

Edited by HarlyKin

Getting an exception in my current game since updating. Shows in map view and tracking station

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGenerator.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.OrbitGenerator+OrbitRenderer.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Repeats a lot. Tried cancelling all contracts and using only ones that don't use orbit draw or waypoints but still showed up.

Ugh, I'll take a look at this tonight, I think I know what broke that. Just for reference, what contract packs do you have installed?

EDIT: Raised [#244] to track.

Ugh, I'll take a look at this tonight, I think I know what broke that. Just for reference, what contract packs do you have installed?

EDIT: Raised [#244] to track.

I have anomaly, field, tourism, space station (full one) and scansat (full one).

Popup after loading save - did even forget to put my contracts back in.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/quxbl6r4f3ixnyp/AADjZPBjlkaWF1oJ6d13VSgea?dl=0

System.ArgumentException: 'SatsWithParts001' is not a valid Part.
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParsePartValue (System.String partName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[AvailablePart] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[AvailablePart] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[AvailablePart] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, .AvailablePart defaultValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.PartValidation.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'PartValidation' in contract 'SatsWithParts001':

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l4h7dsbo71vmvc9/AACBNlyDmhRfolicPYrk9BkNa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lqffwp6h4azfhqr/AABaFoSaoFFydqbmFpVYw8Epa?dl=0

Popup after loading save - did even forget to put my contracts back in.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/quxbl6r4f3ixnyp/AADjZPBjlkaWF1oJ6d13VSgea?dl=0

System.ArgumentException: 'SatsWithParts001' is not a valid Part.
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParsePartValue (System.String partName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[AvailablePart] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[AvailablePart] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[AvailablePart] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, .AvailablePart defaultValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.PartValidation.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'PartValidation' in contract 'SatsWithParts001':

I don't see anything in the log about loading the part SatsWithParts001.... so I have to ask: is SatsWithParts001 a valid part? I'd expect to see something like this in the log:

[LOG 18:45:25.280] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ContractPacks/AnomalySurveyor/Monolith/part/mega_monolith'