[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Asteroids are vesselType = SpaceObject if they have been tracked, and vesselType = Unknown if they haven't been (these are the question mark objects in the tracking station).

There is a DiscoveryInfo field for every vessel which has data about whether or not an asteroid has been tracked, or visited before (I can't remember which values correspond to which state, but they are stored in the persistent file).

It also has info about the asteroids size class, but this is only really reliable for asteroids that haven't been visited before (ie haven't been within loading range), since docking to an asteroid permanently changes this value. The only reliable way to get the size class after visiting an asteroid (it isn't available before the asteroid is loaded for the first time...) can be found here: https://github.com/DMagic1/Orbital-Science/blob/master/Source/DMAsteroidScience.cs#L76-L92. It basically takes the last character in the ModuleAsteroid.prefabBaseURL string, which corresponds to the size class and doesn't change.

Ah, interesting and useful information as always! I didn't know about the size class changing after docking. Confession: I've never actually done an asteroid rendezvous. The only time I've even played around with them is in Anomaly Surveyor for the part in the final Jool Monolith contract where

Nope,

go find out yourself.

Anyway, that class will be a useful reference when I go implement the Contract Configurator bits.

I got a bug report from Arachnidek, that

PARAMETER
{
name = ReachState
type = ReachState

minAltitude = 18000
}

throws "[Error]: Input is null" into the debug log.

When he changed it to Altitude = 18000, the errors went away.

However in the wiki/guide, "Altitude" is not specified, it only states minAltitude and maxAltitude, while saying "use any combination".

Thank you for your help!

edit: Ninja'd in the SETI-BalanceMod thread :wink:.

Edited by Yemo

New version out - some performance fixes that will be most noticeable on the RemoteTech contract pack. Download it here.

Contract Configurator 0.6.6

• Changed to MIT license.
  • Performance fixes for stock contracts app (mainly affects contracts with lots and lots of parameters.
  • Bundled MiniAVC (1.0.3).
  • Minor bug fixes.

Having trouble completing the first contract with SETI. Was told to bring the issue here. Here was the post..

Seems im unable to complete the objectives for contracts. Well... atleast for the first one. I get my craft up and past 18km, but it doesn't register. Now again im using parts that are not in the suggested mods list that goes with SETI. So I don't know if maybe SETI is looking for a specific part I don't have or something else is going on. I figure this would be the best place to start.

LOG

OUTPUT_LOG

Now I just tried reinstalling CC so ill see if maybe that works in the meantime. Along with that I have the initial contract pack along with scanSAT. Question. Do the contract pakcs stay in there own folder in GameData or do I have to merge it into CC?

Edit: No luck.

Been looking through the output and maybe found something relavent.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterGroup.GetTitle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractParameter.get_Title () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contract_science_modifier.Contract_science_modifier.modifyContractValues (Contracts.Contract contract, Boolean nullify) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contract_science_modifier.Contract_science_modifier.contractOffered (Contracts.Contract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Contracts.Contract].Fire (Contracts.Contract data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Contract.SetState (State newState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Contract.Offer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Generated contract: CONTRACT_TYPE [MannedAltitude18km]

Im also getting this.

at ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities.getInitialState (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioRunner+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
ullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Which im not so sure is relavent, but it comes up a lot. The highlighted part " ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities" is what concerns me. Im running the full package of KerbinSide. That NRE sounds like something relating to that. Ill post in the KS thread about it, but I figure maybe this could also lead to the issues im having with CC contract objectives not completing. A domino effect perhaps..

And it turns out SETI was just updated to 8.0. Ill try it out and unless I have the same issues this troubleshoot is itself an NRE.

Edited by Motokid600

Having trouble completing the first contract with SETI. Was told to bring the issue here. Here was the post..

Seems im unable to complete the objectives for contracts. Well... atleast for the first one. I get my craft up and past 18km, but it doesn't register. Now again im using parts that are not in the suggested mods list that goes with SETI. So I don't know if maybe SETI is looking for a specific part I don't have or something else is going on. I figure this would be the best place to start.

LOG

OUTPUT_LOG

Now I just tried reinstalling CC so ill see if maybe that works in the meantime. Along with that I have the initial contract pack along with scanSAT. Question. Do the contract pakcs stay in there own folder in GameData or do I have to merge it into CC?

Edit: No luck.

Been looking through the output and maybe found something relavent.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterGroup.GetTitle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractParameter.get_Title () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contract_science_modifier.Contract_science_modifier.modifyContractValues (Contracts.Contract contract, Boolean nullify) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contract_science_modifier.Contract_science_modifier.contractOffered (Contracts.Contract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Contracts.Contract].Fire (Contracts.Contract data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Contract.SetState (State newState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Contract.Offer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Generated contract: CONTRACT_TYPE [MannedAltitude18km]

Im also getting this.

at ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities.getInitialState (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Which im not so sure is relavent, but it comes up a lot. The highlighted part " ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities" is what concerns me. Im running the full package of KerbinSide. That NRE sounds like something relating to that. Ill post in the KS thread about it, but I figure maybe this could also lead to the issues im having with CC contract objectives not completing. A domino effect perhaps..

And it turns out SETI was just updated to 8.0. Ill try it out and unless I have the same issues this troubleshoot is itself an NRE.

Those certainly look suspicious. I'll take a look ASAP (which actually won't be until tonight - not much modding gets done on the weekend - kids).

Turns out it was KerbinSide causing the error. Strange enough I didn't even realize the buildings were stuck at their max tech just like in x64. ( That "ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities" NRE. So I guess KerbinSide has issues. ) Ive since completed the contract. But now the second one bugged. "Escape the Atmosphere" auto-completes when the ship loads to the pad.

LOG

OUTPUT_LOG

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

A lot of those. I think there from EVE being outdated, but idk if they effect CC. There are some others. One with ProceduralFairings, the App launcher and some addon utility.

Edited by Motokid600

This is probably the biggest problem that I see, and it cascades to at least one of the Contract Configurator problems (which is the fact that the CC persistent data storage scenario isn't loaded). ScenarioUpgradeable is a stock thing - but it certainly *could* be KerbinSide causing that.

Turns out it was KerbinSide causing the error. Strange enough I didn't even realize the buildings were stuck at their max tech just like in x64. ( That "ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities" NRE. So I guess KerbinSide has issues. ) Ive since completed the contract. But now the second one bugged. "Escape the Atmosphere" auto-completes when the ship loads to the pad.

LOG

OUTPUT_LOG

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

A lot of those. I think there from EVE being outdated, but idk if they effect CC. There are some others. One with ProceduralFairings, the App launcher and some addon utility.

Whoops, missed this response. Yup, I'd pretty much come to the conclusion now too that KerbinSide is the problem. :)

The second one being bugged could be working "correctly". Have you escaped the atmosphere with another craft already? If so, it completing immediately would be normal. If my assumption is correct, the best bet would be for Yemo to change the contract to not get offered if the player has already escaped the atmosphere. That would mess up how he handles contract progression, but I think it's probably fixable.

Anyway, I'd raise that one in the SETI thread and maybe reference my response above (I know, you've been bounced around all day).

Whoops, missed this response. Yup, I'd pretty much come to the conclusion now too that KerbinSide is the problem. :)

The second one being bugged could be working "correctly". Have you escaped the atmosphere with another craft already? If so, it completing immediately would be normal. If my assumption is correct, the best bet would be for Yemo to change the contract to not get offered if the player has already escaped the atmosphere. That would mess up how he handles contract progression, but I think it's probably fixable.

Anyway, I'd raise that one in the SETI thread and maybe reference my response above (I know, you've been bounced around all day).

Its no problem thanks for the reply. And yea I think I may have exited the atmosphere in a previous flight.

I ll change it for the next version, thank you both!

So I was able to put some good time into KSP last night with SETI and CC here. I love it. Fantastic work all around. Had a small issue however with the parachute testing contracts.

The contract states I need to test a chute moving at 380m/s above 18km ( something like that ). RealChutes requires access to the action groups in order for me to setup the chute so that it can actually open at those parameters. It'll rip off due to the speed, but I'm pretty sure it'll still count for the contract.

But I can't access the action groups until I upgrade the VAB ( and the SPH? ... I forget if you get AG's in both hangars or not after the upgrade )

So basically just a suggestion here. Would it be possible to make it so these contracts don't show up until you have access to action groups? Just like how you don't get any rover contracts until you have rover parts.

I actually just realized that contract must be a stock, Squad contract. I was under the impression that those are gone with the use of CC? Which continues to make me think I can just remove all of Squads contracts from their folder. Hm...

Edited by Motokid600

CC has the *option* to disable stock contracts, so that you can build "story-based" contract packs without them getting in the way. It doesn't disable them by default.

There's a config file (GameData/Squad/Contracts/Contracts.cfg) that you can edit to choose which contracts would show up though. Though I'm not sure I'd recommend disabling the part-test contracts, unbalanced though they may be, since there aren't that many options for early-game contracts in the current version.

Edited by Spheniscine

I actually just realized that contract must be a stock, Squad contract. I was under the impression that those are gone with the use of CC? Which continues to make me think I can just remove all of Squads contracts from their folder. Hm...

Funny, since Voidheart has been working on a Better Parts Testing contract pack. It doesn't look like there's been much activity on it in the past 3 weeks, but you should give him that feedback of "complaints" about the stock stuff.

Looking extra good... Thank you for pointing it out.

So what am I supposed to do? get all the fine contracts for scanSAT remote tech and the easter egg finder package and play the hell out of them?

Or just make my ideas to reallity? ( If I would modding some english help must be aquired especially with the text of the contracts :D )

The minority of the ideas: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111448-More-Interesting-contracts?p=1752575#post1752575

So I was able to put some good time into KSP last night with SETI and CC here. I love it. Fantastic work all around. Had a small issue however with the parachute testing contracts.

The contract states I need to test a chute moving at 380m/s above 18km ( something like that ). RealChutes requires access to the action groups in order for me to setup the chute so that it can actually open at those parameters. It'll rip off due to the speed, but I'm pretty sure it'll still count for the contract.

But I can't access the action groups until I upgrade the VAB ( and the SPH? ... I forget if you get AG's in both hangars or not after the upgrade )

So basically just a suggestion here. Would it be possible to make it so these contracts don't show up until you have access to action groups? Just like how you don't get any rover contracts until you have rover parts.

Just a quick note for the parachute test contracts. You don't actually need the chute to open, only to activate it through staging, to complete the contract.

Looking extra good... Thank you for pointing it out.

So what am I supposed to do? get all the fine contracts for scanSAT remote tech and the easter egg finder package and play the hell out of them?

Or just make my ideas to reallity? ( If I would modding some english help must be aquired especially with the text of the contracts :D )

The minority of the ideas: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111448-More-Interesting-contracts?p=1752575#post1752575

Well, first place to look is the wiki, specifically the How-To page. Then just start configuring! You can look at the contract packs as examples, but the parameters should be fairly well documented (and if you have issues, let me know and I can fix up the documentation). If there's something that you need/want that is missing from the current set, just bring it up on this thread or create a GitHub issue and I'll try to get it into the roadmap for the next version.

Just a quick note for the parachute test contracts. You don't actually need the chute to open, only to activate it through staging, to complete the contract.

Not with RealChutes it seems. If you can't open the chute it won't count on the contract. Shouldn't be a problem after I have access to action groups.

could you tell me if these ideas are possible with your mod?

1 - a contract to launch a Salyut 1, Salyut 4 (the difference could be the solar panel type and quantities they use), Salyut 6, Salyut 7 and a Mir core module, have it to count how many docking ports there are in a given station (for example, Salyut 1/4 would have just 1, 6/7 would have 2, Mir 6), and have it to launch specific modules for a station, but also counting their docking ports (for example, if you have a contract for Mir, after you launch it you'll receive a contract for Kvant-1, which would reduce the docking port count to 5, but since it also has a docking port available at the back the whole station would still have 6 free docking ports, when you launch Kvant-1 you would have 4 available at the core, but 5 overall, with Kristall you would have 3 available at the core but then 6 overall and so on) and having a contract/allowing them to expand, like docking a hub in a given Salyut 1 station and making it able to receive new modules.

2 - the above idea would be specific for Raidernick's Salyut and Bobcat's Mir, and other mods like Skylab and ISS, but would it be possible to have it to launch custom modules to a specific station, a specific module to a custom station or a custom module for a custom station (like, you send a Mir core, and they offer you a contract for a Pirs/Poisk from ISS, a hab module with Hitchinker's tank, a module with the stock science lab and so on, or, you send a custom core, but they ask you to dock a Kristall to it)?

3 - keep the stock contract idea for placing a station in a specific body, like "build a Mir complex in Duna", "send a Salyut 4 station to Dres", "send a custom Salyut station to Minmus" (in this case it would require a Salyut core, no matter which one, but allowing to customize all aspects, like solar panels and such)

4 - allowing contracts for stations like the stock satellites one, which asks you to put a station in a specific orbit (but within reality, of course)

5 - let the contracts know the name of the station, like, if you name Mir "Spongebob" the "expansion" contract would be like "Send Spektr module to Spongebob station", this would be linked to the first two ideas, i just put this item to be more specific :P

6 - have contracts to send a crew (expedition or "tourist") to the station for at least a fixed (random but within reality) time , and have some to return experiments from the station (after a while the experiments wouldn't yeld a single science point, but it would be like the "scientific report from space around kerbin" farming contract, where if you have a probe capable of reports or experiments, or a station there you would get the contract done without a cost, but in this one you would have to launch the crew, perform it on a specific station, and bring it back, yielding more funds and science points than these report contracts), these experiments could either be carried in the vessel without changing it (like, sending a soyuz with the experiments loaded automatically in the descent pod) or they could be in the station itself (Bobcat's Kvant-1 has a experiment in it, and with a mm patch one can easily add experiments to the stations and modules, or if you launch a new module to the station with scientific experiments attached to them).

TIA! :)

1-2 for sure . 3 maybe too.

I can clearly tell IT IS POSSIBLE to count for parts the present contratcs do have specification informations like "at least x kerbals" So there must be a "at least x PARTNAME" too.

With the keep the stock one criteria I cannot say that you can change Stock Contracts, but erase them and create your own where you specify just the parts you want it on should be working fine.

(Nightingale Will answer about that one perfectly I am sure)

4 is a strong possibility I am sure. (as the satelites or stations are just meant to be a "vehicle" from parts... So irrelevant (from programing/config perspective) of what it is exactly.

( Just see the stock satelite contracts: build a new satelite with (PARTS list) and put it into Orbit (Orbit parameters) )

So this must be perfectly matched for stations too with the plugin.

5 I don't know. But should be if it is not too hard to code to get the name for example from the persistent file. (I am interested in this one too from now on. Bright Idea for follow up contracts)

6. I don't know But count me in as looking for the answer too. (specifically the docking and crew transport parts of it) (speaking of which... Is it possible to track a crew rotation?)

Edited by Ricardo79

but can it keep track of "clear" docking ports to offer new contracts? of course, there's always good sense, it's just that it would be better for perfectionism sake :P imagine it asking to send more modules to a station can handle, and you forget to put extra docking ports to hold all these modules and a arriving ship, thus leaving the station "useless"? of course, if you pay attention you won't let that happen, but sometimes we can forget stuff, like solar panels, batteries, reaction wheels, parachutes, life support (if you have)... :P

Holy wall of text batman! I'll try and boil this down to the essentials. For starters, look at VesselParameterGroup. I've been meaning to write some detailed documentation for that as it's a pretty key piece for most contracts, but haven't yet. You'll need it for most of the items below.

1 - a contract to launch a Salyut 1, Salyut 4 (the difference could be the solar panel type and quantities they use), Salyut 6, Salyut 7 and a Mir core module, have it to count how many docking ports there are in a given station (for example, Salyut 1/4 would have just 1, 6/7 would have 2, Mir 6), and have it to launch specific modules for a station, but also counting their docking ports (for example, if you have a contract for Mir, after you launch it you'll receive a contract for Kvant-1, which would reduce the docking port count to 5, but since it also has a docking port available at the back the whole station would still have 6 free docking ports, when you launch Kvant-1 you would have 4 available at the core, but 5 overall, with Kristall you would have 3 available at the core but then 6 overall and so on) and having a contract/allowing them to expand, like docking a hub in a given Salyut 1 station and making it able to receive new modules.

PartValidation - Validate that a vessel has/does not have specific parts/part modules.

VesselParameterGroup - Can be used to "save" a vessel in the first contract, and then be used to work with that vessel in the next contract. (ie. Contract 1 "saves" Mir, Contract 2 says dock new vessel Kvant-1 with the previously saved Mir).

2 - the above idea would be specific for Raidernick's Salyut and Bobcat's Mir, and other mods like Skylab and ISS, but would it be possible to have it to launch custom modules to a specific station, a specific module to a custom station or a custom module for a custom station (like, you send a Mir core, and they offer you a contract for a Pirs/Poisk from ISS, a hab module with Hitchinker's tank, a module with the stock science lab and so on, or, you send a custom core, but they ask you to dock a Kristall to it)?

No, but planned for 0.7.0. That release will introduce some mechanisms for "selecting" existing ships as the target of a contract. The idea is that you would give it criteria (orbiting Kerbin, has x docking ports) and it if there is a matching ship it would select it for the contract.

3 - keep the stock contract idea for placing a station in a specific body, like "build a Mir complex in Duna", "send a Salyut 4 station to Dres", "send a custom Salyut station to Minmus" (in this case it would require a Salyut core, no matter which one, but allowing to customize all aspects, like solar panels and such)

Yup, like #1, but simpler. You can't be as "random" as the stock ones, although 0.7.0 will make it possible to make something a lot closer. If you want to customize the stock one to use different modules, I believe you can do that by editing/module-manager'ing Squad/Contracts/Contracts.cfg (file name may not be exactly right, don't have KSP on this machine).

4 - allowing contracts for stations like the stock satellites one, which asks you to put a station in a specific orbit (but within reality, of course)

Same as #3 - somewhat possible now, closer in 0.7.0.

5 - let the contracts know the name of the station, like, if you name Mir "Spongebob" the "expansion" contract would be like "Send Spektr module to Spongebob station", this would be linked to the first two ideas, i just put this item to be more specific :P

As described in #1, use VesselParameterGroup to save it in the first contract, then VesselParameterGroup in the second contract to reference it.

6 - have contracts to send a crew (expedition or "tourist") to the station for at least a fixed (random but within reality) time , and have some to return experiments from the station (after a while the experiments wouldn't yeld a single science point, but it would be like the "scientific report from space around kerbin" farming contract, where if you have a probe capable of reports or experiments, or a station there you would get the contract done without a cost, but in this one you would have to launch the crew, perform it on a specific station, and bring it back, yielding more funds and science points than these report contracts), these experiments could either be carried in the vessel without changing it (like, sending a soyuz with the experiments loaded automatically in the descent pod) or they could be in the station itself (Bobcat's Kvant-1 has a experiment in it, and with a mm patch one can easily add experiments to the stations and modules, or if you launch a new module to the station with scientific experiments attached to them).

HasPassengers - Parameter for specifying passengers on board a vessel (I may change this a bit in 0.7.0 though).

Issue #63 - This will introduce a parameter for more detailed science "perform experiment x". Planned for 0.7.0.

speaking of which... Is it possible to track a crew rotation?)

Don't really have much for tracking crew. You're thinking something similar to the vessel tracking? May need to give that some thought, likely not until post-0.7.0 though.

- - - Updated - - -

but can it keep track of "clear" docking ports to offer new contracts? of course, there's always good sense, it's just that it would be better for perfectionism sake :P imagine it asking to send more modules to a station can handle, and you forget to put extra docking ports to hold all these modules and a arriving ship, thus leaving the station "useless"? of course, if you pay attention you won't let that happen, but sometimes we can forget stuff, like solar panels, batteries, reaction wheels, parachutes, life support (if you have)... :P

At the moment there is nothing for a "clear" docking port. Throw up a github issue and I can look into it.

imagine it asking to send more modules to a station can handle, and you forget to put extra docking ports to hold all these modules and a arriving ship, thus leaving the station "useless"? of course, if you pay attention you won't let that happen, but sometimes we can forget stuff, like solar panels, batteries, reaction wheels, parachutes, life support (if you have)... :P

Not with KAS :D I always hauling some spare docking ports :D

AS for the list. Agreed Thats Why I created myself a cheatsheat :D Titles: list of todo with ANY new craft (in hungarian perhaps.)

Holy wall of text batman!

We are happy to help you :D At least we help you keep yourself occupied :D

Serriously so far so good. Nice mod you made here. keep up the good work.

Also thank you for the answers as well.

You're thinking something similar to the vessel tracking?

I am never know what am I thinking about :D

Maybe. (I thought of a contract to shift/exchange a given ship's current crew to another crew. (Not to mention something like the crew might consist available (or maybe not available) named members. So as a part of this mission you must take someone home first)

(Something like: "Send up a ship capable of transfering at least 3 kerbals. Dock with XY station and let Jebediah go home to his!/her? family, This time Bob Kerman will pilot that monstrocity regardless of he is not a pilot. Do it the Kerbal way... also change the two other poor fellow. They are surely getting ill staying there for ages..." )

So tracking for crew means something similar :D Good work :D HasPassengers is a good start for it I guess. to name them or at least the possibility to count a team on the vessel and track it for contracts.

As described in #1, use VesselParameterGroup to save it in the first contract, then VesselParameterGroup in the second contract to reference it.

This + the other mentioned counting/tracking of stuff (maybe kerbals too) = With this kind of variablity we can create even a custom "story for KSP" through contracts.

I believe you can do that by editing/module-manager'ing Squad/Contracts/Contracts.cfg

Wow I didn't thought that. Thanks it opens up some example for me. So I'll go and dig into them.

- - - Updated - - -

Holly .... :D oops sorry I am just tooo happy whit what I found on the page you pointed out...

" // Optional parameters do not need to be completed (mainly for use with

// composite parameters)

optional = true

}"

Some days ago I did requested a feature on the official suggestion part of this forum: about the contract system to have optional goals (maybe for extra reward) This one kinda step it towards that.