[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Running into a problem where complete fly-by of Mun for Tourist isn't logging the event as done despite an hour in fly-by trajectory. I wasn't viewing vessel when SOI changed from Kerbin to Mun (maybe a reason). I changed fly-by trajectory to orbit and then back to fly-by. Still did not log as complete.

[quote name='stoani96']hello guys, I have a short question for you:
How can I make a contract, which wants you to do a certain experiment (i.e. temperature-scan) at a specific location (waypoint)??
I tried this, but it does not work, as it is bugged... when I collect the science before I reach the waypoint nothing checks, but as soon as I am close enough to the waypoint it is finished...... but i want that you have to do the science there not somewhere and then just move there.. can you help me, please?
Sry, if it is obvious ^^

[CODE]PARAMETER
{
name = Sequence_1
type = Sequence

title = 1

PARAMETER
{
name = VisitWaypoint_1
type = VisitWaypoint

index = 0
distance = 10
hideOnCompletion = true
disableOnStateChange = false
}
PARAMETER
{
name = CollectScience_1
type = CollectScience

targetBody = Kerbin
situation = SrfLanded
experiment = temperatureScan
//recoveryMethod = RecoverOrTransmit

completeInSequence = true
disableOnStateChange = false
}
}[/CODE][/QUOTE]

There are limits to the completeInSequence, unfortunately, as all it does is prevent a parameter from checking off immediately. What happens in your example is that it completes as soon as you visit the waypoint because it detects that the current vessel has the required science on-board (KSP doesn't give me the ability to check for [I]doing[/I] an experiment, only [I]having the results[/I]).

So it's sort of a bug, but not one that I can fix.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='bpiltz']Running into a problem where complete fly-by of Mun for Tourist isn't logging the event as done despite an hour in fly-by trajectory. I wasn't viewing vessel when SOI changed from Kerbin to Mun (maybe a reason). I changed fly-by trajectory to orbit and then back to fly-by. Still did not log as complete.[/QUOTE]

Looking at that contract, there's a minimum altitude that you need to get to, so I'd guess that's the problem. Otherwise, send a screenshot of your ship when you're expecting it to be complete (include the contract window in the screenshot).

[quote name='nightingale']
Hmm.... If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's because you're using targetVessel1 twice (I really should put in a check/warning for that). It's probably only picking up the second one.

If that's wrong, then one way to help debug it is to store the value in a List<Vessel> before doing the Random() call. Then you'll be able to see all the vessels that match at once in the debug window.
[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure you got what I meant... the first two work if you put them separately in a contract, so it worked when I used [code]v.ResourceCapacity(LiquidFuel)/10 > v.ResourceQuantity(LiquidFuel)[/code] and it worked when I removed that and replaced it with: [code]v.VesselName().Contains("HELP")[/code]

However, for some reason when I put them together:
[code]v.ResourceCapacity(LiquidFuel)/10 > v.ResourceQuantity(LiquidFuel) && v.VesselName().Contains("HELP")[/code]
It's failing.

Or do you mean that I'm trying to do too much at once with the Where function? and it's calling for vessels more than once?

I'll try the list though, see what falls out. Edited by severedsolo

[quote name='severedsolo']Not 100% sure you got what I meant... the first two work if you put them separately in a contract, so it worked when I used [code]v.ResourceCapacity(LiquidFuel)/10 > v.ResourceQuantity(LiquidFuel)[/code] and it worked when I removed that and replaced it with: [code]v.VesselName().Contains("HELP")[/code]

However, for some reason when I put them together:
[code]v.ResourceCapacity(LiquidFuel)/10 > v.ResourceQuantity(LiquidFuel) && v.VesselName().Contains("HELP")[/code]
It's failing.

Or do you mean that I'm trying to do too much at once with the Where function? and it's calling for vessels more than once?

I'll try the list though, see what falls out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it should've worked then. Outside of a typo or weird parser bug, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't have. Maybe put all three in the same contract so you can compare the results side by side by side.

[quote name='nightingale']There are limits to the completeInSequence, unfortunately, as all it does is prevent a parameter from checking off immediately. What happens in your example is that it completes as soon as you visit the waypoint because it detects that the current vessel has the required science on-board (KSP doesn't give me the ability to check for [I]doing[/I] an experiment, only [I]having the results[/I]).

So it's sort of a bug, but not one that I can fix.

[/QUOTE]

How is that with stock contracts of that sort? For example this crew report things, are they bugged in the same way? Does anyone know?
(Just curious about that ;) )

[quote name='stoani96']How is that with stock contracts of that sort? For example this crew report things, are they bugged in the same way? Does anyone know?
(Just curious about that ;) )[/QUOTE]

Hmm.... you're right, I must be remembering wrong about the stock KSP behaviour. There was a reason why my stuff worked the way it does, and it might be to support a variety of scenarios (like transferring science from one vessel to another).

I had this thought. This really crazy off-the-wall-can't-believe-it's-not thought.

Any chance to incorporate a means to include cut-scenes on load of a craft to complete a contract?

Imagine reading in Mission Control a contract to respond to an S.O.S. to rescue a merchant vessel, which after accepting, and launching your craft, a cut scene loads from say a youtube or flv video that plays a video showing a rogue submarine torpedoing said merchant vessel, giving your mission a sort of backstory ... when you finally arrive to see the vessel cut in two and Kerbals floating around needing rescue.

[quote name='inigma']I had this thought. This really crazy off-the-wall-can't-believe-it's-not thought.

Any chance to incorporate a means to include cut-scenes on load of a craft to complete a contract?

Imagine reading in Mission Control a contract to respond to an S.O.S. to rescue a merchant vessel, which after accepting, and launching your craft, a cut scene loads from say a youtube or flv video that plays a video showing a rogue submarine torpedoing said merchant vessel, giving your mission a sort of backstory ... when you finally arrive to see the vessel cut in two and Kerbals floating around needing rescue.[/QUOTE]

There's a one-quarter done branch on GitHub that adds in-game CutScene support. There's a long ways to go and I may resume work when Strategia comes out. But no promises. No plans for support of external videos though.

Is there a way for CC to spawn player's vessels for launch somewhere else, such as the VAB helipads or KSC Island (for rescue missions)? I know there's Kerbin-Side, but I was wondering if CC had a simpler capacity to do so on a per-contract basis.

[quote name='inigma']Is there a way for CC to spawn player's vessels for launch somewhere else, such as the VAB helipads or KSC Island (for rescue missions)? I know there's Kerbin-Side, but I was wondering if CC had a simpler capacity to do so on a per-contract basis.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't spawn vessel have a parameter that makes them controllable immediately?

[quote name='inigma']Is there a way for CC to spawn player's vessels for launch somewhere else, such as the VAB helipads or KSC Island (for rescue missions)? I know there's Kerbin-Side, but I was wondering if CC had a simpler capacity to do so on a per-contract basis.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='severedsolo']Doesn't spawn vessel have a parameter that makes them controllable immediately?[/QUOTE]

Indeed:

[code]
// Whether the vessel should show up as owned or unowned. If it is
// owned, then it will be immediately selectable.
//
// Type: [URL="https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/Boolean-Type"]bool[/URL]
// Required: No (defaulted)
// Default: false
//
owned = False
[/code]

[quote name='nightingale']Indeed:

[code]
// Whether the vessel should show up as owned or unowned. If it is
// owned, then it will be immediately selectable.
//
// Type: [URL="https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/Boolean-Type"]bool[/URL]
// Required: No (defaulted)
// Default: false
//
owned = False
[/code][/QUOTE]

I know about spawning vessels selected by the contract, but I was just wondering if there was a way for the player to specify which vessel to spawn.

[quote name='inigma']I know about spawning vessels selected by the contract, but I was just wondering if there was a way for the player to specify which vessel to spawn.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I misread the question. [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117893-1-0-5-regex-s-Useful-Mod-Emporium"]KSC Switcher[/URL] is a lighter version of Kerbin Side that gives this functionality.

Nothing like this functionality exists in Contract Configurator, and I can't think of a [I]simple[/I] way to build it.

I thought I'd ask here first:

I have a boat with command seats for the pilot and passenger. I can load in the passenger in the command seat on launch of the craft (providing a cabin for them to spawn into and then have pilot and passenger manually board the command seats on the boat), or I can do this easier via the Take Command mod right on launch from SPH which allows me to spawn direct to the command seats.

Anyways, I run into two issues:

1. The passenger is not recognized as being in the command seat by HasPassengers
2. On recovery of the pilot (and subsequently the vessel he's piloting) the passenger remains. RecoverKerbal fails to recognize separate recoveries for pilot and passenger.

Would be really nice to figure out a way to make boats and planes using just command seats, to complete tourism or passenger transport contracts for early game careers that only start with a command seat and no closed cockpits.

Thoughts?

Also, I created an agency called Kerbal Space Program. Do you foresee that conflicting at anytime with stock KSP or anyone else using Contract Configurator with the same agency name? Edited by inigma

[quote name='inigma']I thought I'd ask here first:

I have a boat with command seats for the pilot and passenger. I can load in the passenger in the command seat on launch of the craft (providing a cabin for them to spawn into and then have pilot and passenger manually board the command seats on the boat), or I can do this easier via the Take Command mod right on launch from SPH which allows me to spawn direct to the command seats.

Anyways, I run into two issues:

1. The passenger is not recognized as being in the command seat by HasPassengers
2. On recovery of the pilot (and subsequently the vessel he's piloting) the passenger remains. RecoverKerbal fails to recognize separate recoveries for pilot and passenger.

Would be really nice to figure out a way to make boats and planes using just command seats, to complete tourism or passenger transport contracts for early game careers that only start with a command seat and no closed cockpits.

Thoughts?[/quote]

Let me look into this a bit and get back to you. Command seats work a little bit differently than pods. But all the information should be there, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to make HasCrew, HasPassengers and RecoverKerbal recognize this. Raised [[URL="https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/355"]#355[/URL]].

[quote name='inigma']Also, I created an agency called Kerbal Space Program. Do you foresee that conflicting at anytime with stock KSP or anyone else using Contract Configurator with the same agency name?[/QUOTE]

No issues with anything that I'm currently aware of, but I tend to be a bit shy about creating something that generic, as you never know what Squad or some other modder will add that will cause conflicts. Although if you're going generic, I personally prefer "Mission Control" or "R&D" or the name of some other department. I almost did R&D (actually there's already an R&D agency) for Field Research, but ended up just making "the Field Research Team".

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='inigma']Had this idea, thought I'd share it with our contract master, nightingale: [URL]https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3tzb6c/would_anyone_be_interested_in_developing_a/[/URL][/QUOTE]

It's an interesting idea. I think there will definitely be some struggles though. A Contract Configurator contract can range from extremely simple (see WhiteCat's [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/123453"]Historic Missions[/URL]) to very complex/dynamically generated (see my [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/123892"]Field Research[/URL]) - what would the target complexity be? Would you have specific agencies with specific "types" of contracts? In that case, one could argue that it's better to have those as separate contract packs, but maybe it makes sense to combine if they're not strong enough to stand on their own.

The other issue I forsee is that unlike something like Crowd Sourced Science, there's a bigger barrier to entry. If I wanted to contribute to CSS, I just need to pick a Body/Experiment combination and write a blurb. Although I've tried to make Contract Configurator simple to pick up, some people may not want to invest the time.

Anyway, not saying that it's a bad idea, just that I foresee difficulties. Kudos to you if you can make it work.

New release, [URL="https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases/tag/1.8.2"]download now[/URL]!

[I]This release marks the 1 year anniversary of Contract Configurator (close enough, considering the forums will most likely still be down on the actual anniversary). Happy birthday Contract Configurator, you've come a long way from a small wrapper on top of stock parameters. I guess it's time to update the images in the first post. I'll do it... later.[/I]

[B]Contract Configurator 1.8.2[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Added vessel highlighting (from contextual contracts) to TargetDestroyed, Docking, Rendezvous and VesselParameterGroup.
[*]Added Vessel.VesselName() method.
[*]Added support for title in KerbalDeaths parameter.
[*]Improvements to contract generation process (prevents some issues with a contract not showing up due to prestige levels).
[*]New orbit methods for Vessel (OrbitApoapsis(), OrbitPeriapsis(), OrbitInclination(), OrbitEccentricity()).
[*]Support for showMessages attribute in VisitWaypoint.
[*]Fixed issue with FacilityRequirement always thinking the player's facilities were maxed out.
[*]Fixed exception in WaypointGenerator for BaseConstruction (thanks dakakeisalie).
[*]Fixed issue where Duration timer would reset under some very specific scenarios (thanks severedsolo).
[*]Fixed some issues with facility level checks not working correctly.
[/LIST]

[quote name='inigma']Had this idea, thought I'd share it with our contract master, nightingale: [url]https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3tzb6c/would_anyone_be_interested_in_developing_a/[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand how this is different to the way it already works...

Let's take my KSS pack as an example:
[quote]where the githubbed pack is open for anyone to contribute contracts to, and a select committee deciding on which contracts to add in the release version.[/quote]

I already have this... anyone can submit a pull request with a new contract (not that they ever do, but they have the option). If I like it, I'll add it.

In fact, 3 of the Maintenance missions, the structure of the Core Mission, and the availablility of contracts outside the Kerbin system were all added at the community's request.

Can you maybe explain it a little better? I feel like I'm missing your point.

Anyway: Happy Birthday Contract Configurator - have a cake. (Sorry I ran out of room for the name)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/w0rhCsL.png[/img] Edited by severedsolo

[quote name='Stupid_Potato']Hi

Is it possible get on hold of version 1.8.1?

I updated this mod today with ckan and now my save files/game is a total mess, so I would just like to rule out this mod as a factor if possible.[/QUOTE]

Yup. The GitHub release page (link in first post) has all previous versions.

The last update broke my tracking centre, it looks like always but when I try to fly some vessel, it goes to the infinity like this: [url]https://imgur.com/AQWnjSk[/url]
When it goes to this situation, i'm unable to make anything, I can't fly any vessel, or go back to the space centre.
It should be this mod, because it's the only thing that was updated, yesterday it worked fine.

[quote name='kunok']The last update broke my tracking centre, it looks like always but when I try to fly some vessel, it goes to the infinity like this: [URL]https://imgur.com/AQWnjSk[/URL]
When it goes to this situation, i'm unable to make anything, I can't fly any vessel, or go back to the space centre.
It should be this mod, because it's the only thing that was updated, yesterday it worked fine.[/QUOTE]

I need a log file to be able to diagnose this.