Practicing planetary rendezvous, any other schools of thought?

Ronox

With all the talk of planets and rendezvous on the solar scale, I thought I would give it a try! But I\'m running into a navigating issue! I nearly nailed the transfer to the craft I set in a farther out planet-like orbit, but I found the closer to syncing orbits to get closer, the orbit lines would vanish, making any more corrections impossible! Zooming out is the only option, and that far out I can\'t get very accurate. Has anyone run into this issue? Or how to work around it? Pictures included. Not a whole lot of navigational references out here :P

Yeah, I\'d rather be capable of doing it without a plugin, gotta stay sharp:)

True dat, but for now you gotta use what\'s available until the game does get expanded to a larger system. Right now it is just scoped pretty much to Kerbin\'s orbit and the Mun at its furthest extent. Anything beyond is void. Dark, forbidding void. The home of the kraken.

Speaking of the kraken, alot of people were afraid it would be an issue for interplanetary travel, but neither of my probes had any problems with it at their reasonable transfer speeds

Speaking of the kraken, alot of people were afraid it would be an issue for interplanetary travel, but neither of my probes had any problems with it at their reasonable transfer speeds

The beast cares not for probes, only for kerbal souls...